collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Engagement ring - wedding ring question!  (Read 1556 times)

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Engagement ring - wedding ring question!
« on: March 23, 2013, 10:50:39 AM »
I've got a question for the married folk around here (or other people who might know): When you get engaged, you get an engagement ring. And when you then get married, do you use the same ring or a special wedding ring? If you go for a different wedding ring, what do you do with the engagement ring? Do you just take it off, or do you still wear it, along with the wedding ring? On a different finger, maybe? I know there are engagement ring / wedding ring combinations that interlock, but I'm not talking about those. I'd just like some experience and some opinions, please.

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Engagement ring - wedding ring question!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 11:00:53 AM »
I got a small band that fits next to my engagement ring. It's not interlocking, but it fits next to it. I wear both usually but sometimes just wear the engagement ring as I like it better.

One of my friends got a band that doesn't fit next to her engagement ring, so she wears it on the other hand. I love that idea, it's really pretty.

Cupc4k3

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 11:07:03 AM »
I know many people who get a separate wedding band that they either get fused with their engagement ring or wear close to their engagement ring.

I myself just wear a plain band, but once I have my engagement ring resized I might get them fused.

Offline sherbertlegs

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 11:19:40 AM »
I wear my wedding band lowest on my finger (supposed to be closest to your heart) then I wear my eternity ring, then my engagement ring.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 11:35:39 AM »
I know quite a few people who get a wedding ring that matches their engagement ring so that they have the look of a single ring, but just as many people wear non-matching ones on the same finger.

I wore my engagement ring on my right hand for about 6 months after getting married (our weddings rings are tungsten and so are very thick), but I eventually stopped wearing it at all.

Blog

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 12:04:53 PM »
I have a platinum engagement ring and just got a plain white gold wedding band to go with it. I wear them on the same finger.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 12:39:51 PM »
Mine are separate, but I always wear both (they are fairly thin, so they don't take much room). I wore my engagement ring through our wedding and my wedding band went on next to it.

My promise ring is worn on my other hand, as I love it but it doesn't match with my other rings, so they don't work when right next together. Separate they look great.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 12:49:13 PM »
I see a lot of people stacking theirs, or wearing their wedding band or engagement ring only.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 12:50:36 PM »
I have two - my engagement ring and my wedding band.  They don't interlock nor are they infused, but they compliment each other.  My engagement ring is a round-cut solitaire diamond flanked by smaller channel-set diamonds on either side, and my wedding band is just channel-set diamonds.  I wear them both on the same finger with my wedding band on first.

I'll take a picture so you can see.  :)

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 01:15:15 PM »
I wear both on my ring finger, too. My engagement ring was one we chose together and has diamonds, and my wedding band is a simple, plain band of gold, so they sit together nicely.

On our wedding day, I put my engagement ring on my right hand. After the ceremony, when my new hubby and I got a quick, quiet moment to ourselves, he put my engagement ring back on my ring finger beside my wedding ring and we sealed the gesture with a kiss  ^.^   We partly chose to do it that way as a tradition we heard was that your wedding band goes on first as it is closest to your heart. I think the underlying thing behind that (biologically speaking) is to do with the artery in that finger is the one that links directly (or must be closest or something) to your heart  ;)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 01:26:48 PM »
It's all personal preference :)

My wedding band does not go AT ALL next to my engagement ring. For right now, I'm just wearing my engagement ring on the other hand (as suggested to me from many people). But I think in time I'll just wear just my wedding band. I'm quite minimalist, and I am not sure I like having two rings on anyway... (It's been less than a week)

It was somewhat more important to me to have a matching band with my husband, which fit both our tastes.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:55:50 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 01:27:45 PM »
I have an antique engagement ring, which has a fairly unique shape, and we had a matching wedding band made so that after the wedding I can wear both.  :)

kaninchen

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 01:42:36 PM »
I have an antique engagement ring, which has a fairly unique shape, and we had a matching wedding band made so that after the wedding I can wear both.  :)

same here. my engagement ring is an antique and my husband had a wedding band made to match and to nestle.  during the wedding i wore my engagement ring, and he slipped it off to put on the wedding band and then slipped it back on. i wear both all the time, unless i am wearing latex gloves (which happens often.) then i take my engagement ring off because it can compromise my gloves!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 01:52:11 PM »
Aw, kaninchen, that's so pretty :)

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

RedSH

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 01:59:57 PM »
kaninchen - those are gorgeous rings!

As many others I wear both my engagement ring and my wedding ring together. Wedding ring first then engagement ring, they do not interlock and are not the same although they do complement each other.

I sometimes take my engagement ring off but only if I really have to. For the first couple of years I took it off every night but I stopped doing that after I once knocked it off the dressing table and it slipped through the smallest gap in the floorboards. My husband had to move all the furniture and rip up the floorboards to get it back out!!!

Is it bad that I can't remember what I did with my engagement ring on our wedding day?  :shocked:
I know I wasn't wearing it when he put my wedding ring on my finger so can only assume it was safely stashed somewhere for the duration.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal