collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Engagement ring - wedding ring question!  (Read 1563 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Engagement ring - wedding ring question!
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 09:20:16 AM »
I wear both but I have very skinny fingers.  I wouldn't want to join my rings, though, i find it reassuring to be able to play with them!  :D  My wedding band is just very plain, nothing to it because my engagement ring is the shiny princess cut diamond.  :) 

I have little hands so it's easy to overwhelm with jewelry, plus I really don't like wearing it.  :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline TraderTif

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2013, 10:49:24 AM »
I wore my engagement ring while we were engaged, and it came with a matching band, which I used for the actual wedding.  But, after the wedding was over, they both went into storage, and I wear a plain gold band for everyday use.  I just like to keep things simple, lol.  And I hated the way the engagement ring, with the jewel sticking up, kept catching on things.

(None of these are "fine jewelry" - these are, like, $15 rings we're talking here.  This also eliminates anxiety about accidentally losing expensive rings!!) 

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2013, 11:12:19 AM »
I have an antique engagement ring, which has a fairly unique shape, and we had a matching wedding band made so that after the wedding I can wear both.  :)

same here. my engagement ring is an antique and my husband had a wedding band made to match and to nestle.  during the wedding i wore my engagement ring, and he slipped it off to put on the wedding band and then slipped it back on. i wear both all the time, unless i am wearing latex gloves (which happens often.) then i take my engagement ring off because it can compromise my gloves!

Those rings are gorgeous! :dropjaw:

Post Merge: March 24, 2013, 11:15:08 AM

I've worked in jewelry for many years:).  Many people chose to have their engagement ring and wedding band soldered together just because its safer for your rings; less metal on metal rubbing together.  It's not permanent and lots of people like how it looks because your rings are always facing the same direction.

I got my wedding band first and had intended it to be my only ring.  It's a wider band with 2 rows of diamonds.  Then last year, my hubs surprised me with an amazing diamond engagement ring!!  They're not a set, but I think they look nice together.

Please forgive my terrible picture taking and my nasty dry skin:(.  They look better in person.

Gooooorgeous! :inlove: Tell me they're real diamonds :inlove: My dad was just able to afford a real diamond wedding ring for my mom about 6 years ago :) 25 years late, but real diamonds finally ;)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:15:08 AM by Shenanigans »
My Wish List

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2013, 09:21:32 PM »
I have "the usual" small, gold wedding band. My engagement ring, like the many who have posted above me, is also an antique. My husband had the choice of small and silver band with a small diamond, or small and gold band with a normal-size diamond. He knew me well even then; he chose the small and silver. ^_^ It comes with a "ring guard," which is two silver bands that the ring fits into. *Scratches head* I'm not sure if the gold ring had a guard. I'll have to ask my mother-in-law.

I'm pretty sure I wore my engagement ring during the wedding.

Personally I don't wear my engagement ring, for a few reasons. 1) At work technically we're not supposed to wear rings that are bigger than a simple band. I say 'technically' because no one obeys that rule and none of the bosses care. (I'm a waitress: gloves and food.) 2) I'm not a big ring person. I had to teach myself to wear a ring a few months before my boyfriend even proposed; I'd never before worn a ring more than a few minutes in my life. 3) I wear sweatshirts and I love tucking my hands inside my sleeves. Engagement ring + sweatshirt sleeves = torn sleeves. I still have it; I love it, I just wear it randomly for special occasions. Or on Sunday when I'm not at work and usually not wearing sweatshirts. *Shrug*

My mother-in-law lost her original engagement ring but it was replaced within a year or two. She wears it on her opposite hand... I think cuz her wedding ring is a wide band, not the "usual" thin gold band. But she wears an anniversary ring next to her wedding band, too. She likes rings. :)

My mom... has the "usual" thin, gold wedding band... and that's usually it...? Oh, I think she wears her engagement ring too, but it's a small band and ... diamond. She's a masseuse, so like me she changes what she wears according to work. She isn't big into jewelry like me. (Guess where I learned it from. ^_~)

Once upon a time I met a secretary somewhere and she had this honkin' HUGE engagement ring. Sister, I'm glad you're happy. But that was just ridiculous! Har.

In the end, go with what you want, what makes you comfortable, what looks good, and what fits your budget. :) Personally I like the idea of matching, interlocking rings. I think they look gorgeous! Especially the pictures that have been posted, lovely! Kaninchen and Teddy, I'm really enjoying your rings!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:38:14 PM by Rad »
Poo on you Photobucket!

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2013, 01:42:24 PM »
My engagement ring and wedding band don't go together at all so I wear my engagement ring on my right ring finger now. My wedding band is just a plain wide titanium band and my engagement ring is a vintage style silver band. I like the interlocking ones but I'm happy with the setup I have as well. It's just a matter of personal taste  ^.^

Back before I got my wedding ring. The light kept catching on the stone so I couldn't get a good picture but you can see that another band wouldn't play nice sitting against it.

The company picture looks much better

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2013, 03:14:12 PM »
Wow, everybody has such gorgeous jewelry!  And I love hearing the different traditions and such...Like lots of folks, I wore my engagement ring on my left hand, moved it to my right on our wedding day, then put it on top of my band after the wedding.

Here's a silly pic that I just took today, lol.

Happy Easter!!! by barbgirl1999, on Flickr

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2013, 11:53:34 AM »
I don't have an engagement ring (the proposal was spontaneous and we didn't see each other again until the wedding 6 months later, so no chance for him to give me a ring), so I wear only my wedding band.

Also, I gotta say, etsy is the place to go for wedding/engagement rings; my husband and I got ours from a wonderful seller who makes everything themselves, and they are totally custom and utterly perfect, and still cost only half as much as we would have paid for something similar at a local jewelry store.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2013, 11:59:23 AM »
I'm engagement ring-less also. Just a simple gold wedding band. I can't wear it anymore since I lost weight and my finger shrank. Also, I'm kind of leery of resizing it. I don't want to take the risk that it would be ruined.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal