collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Frozen thread  (Read 7723 times)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Has NOT Seen Frozen??!!
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2014, 12:27:33 PM »
I haven't seen it and I don't intend to.  Other than Toy Story and maybe Shrek I am just not interested in cartoon movies - which seems to put me in the minority of people for some reason!

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 01:05:58 PM »
I haven't seen it either.  And our movie theater is literally a 3-minute drive away.  I have no excuse, other than it's been a busy few months, lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline ShepVet

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Dolly Market
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2014, 01:36:03 PM »
My family hasnt seen it either always since a lot of people who share similar movie tastes loved it, I will be buying it. I rarely watch a movie in the theater as I can own it for cheaper ;) I go for maybe 6ish movies a year at most, some years none.

Siggy by Hermoine & SDS. Thank you!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2014, 04:21:11 PM »
You weren't until a couple of weeks ago.  It's too beautiful to NOT see.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline sparkykandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2014, 04:56:32 PM »
Haven't seen it either and on the fence about seeing it later too.  My friend saw it in theaters a week or two ago though.  My response: "It's still playing in theaters?!"  :what:
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2014, 06:26:31 PM »
I haven't.  Disney's newest movies (Tangled, Brave, and Frozen) just don't appeal to me.  *shrugs*

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2014, 01:54:43 PM »
Nope!  :biggrin: and frankly, I don't care for it either :D
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2014, 11:10:49 PM »
My family hasnt seen it either always since a lot of people who share similar movie tastes loved it, I will be buying it. I rarely watch a movie in the theater as I can own it for cheaper ;) I go for maybe 6ish movies a year at most, some years none.

Same here, only I average about 2-3 tops!  Going to the movies is so expensive!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2014, 12:19:44 PM »
I work with kids, so I finally had to go see it because I wanted to know what the older ones were talking about lol.  Mr. Zenna didn't want to go (imagine that), so I asked my mom if she wanted to go see it with me.  We were joined by a lot of other mother/daughter groups, though I think we were the oldest lol.  I absolutely LOVED it!  I'll be buying Frozen when it comes out on DVD and I already have the soundtrack.  I liked the music, I liked the animation, and I loved the story.  It was really nice to see a princess movie where the princesses themselves were the heroes, rather than them needing to be rescued.  I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Cumberbatch2012

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2014, 11:17:11 PM »
I haven't seen it yet, so you're not alone.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2014, 10:23:47 PM »
It's wayyyyyy better than Nemo or Wreck-It Ralph. I fel it was more light-hearted and funny than some of them have been lately. I didn't care much for the rock troll people but I still really liked it. Much of the movie is music but not in an annoying way.

Whoa...No it wasn't. Compared to those two it was mediocre at best, especially when you compare it to the fine storytelling of Nemo. I always tell people that Frozen is far and away better than Tangled, but it is certainly not as great as the hype makes it out to be.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2014, 11:09:04 PM »
It's wayyyyyy better than Nemo or Wreck-It Ralph. I fel it was more light-hearted and funny than some of them have been lately. I didn't care much for the rock troll people but I still really liked it. Much of the movie is music but not in an annoying way.

Whoa...No it wasn't. Compared to those two it was mediocre at best, especially when you compare it to the fine storytelling of Nemo. I always tell people that Frozen is far and away better than Tangled, but it is certainly not as great as the hype makes it out to be.

IA, although I didn't really care for Nemo either as a personal preference (story about fish, meh). But Wreck It Ralph topped Frozen for me. And Frozen topped Tangled. Tangled was another big meh in my world.

For some reason I feel like Frozen didn't have much substance. Like there wasn't a lot to it. I don't know. It's hard for me to figure out what exactly made Frozen and Tangled so mediocre to me. It definitely leaves me puzzled being in the midst of all the hype.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2014, 02:18:40 PM »
IA, although I didn't really care for Nemo either as a personal preference (story about fish, meh). But Wreck It Ralph topped Frozen for me. And Frozen topped Tangled. Tangled was another big meh in my world.

For some reason I feel like Frozen didn't have much substance. Like there wasn't a lot to it. I don't know. It's hard for me to figure out what exactly made Frozen and Tangled so mediocre to me. It definitely leaves me puzzled being in the midst of all the hype.

I really liked Frozen, but -- don't get me wrong -- I kind of agree that the hype is a bit overblown. *dodges fakies* I'm excited to see it again this weekend, definitely. I got the soundtrack and I've been singing the songs for months. (Literally -- I babysit a six-month-old and have to sing her to sleep. :blush:) But Frozen is mainly just a solid movie with great songs and a great storyline, especially with the focus mainly on the relationship between Elsa and Ana. It's not a classic movie quite on the level with Beauty and the Beast. But it's a good movie, in the best sense. So to everyone who hasn't seen it yet, my advice is to not get your hopes up *too* high, but to expect a good movie. Sometimes when I expect something awesomely wonderful and don't get what I thought I was getting it's a downer and I can't see the good parts of what I got.

. . . hope that made sense.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2014, 02:37:41 PM »
I saw it even though I knew I wouldn't be crazy about it. Indeed, I wasn't. I literally don't understand all the hype. I did like the Snowman though, which is surprising because he looks ugly/creepy in trailers and I expected to dislike him, but he was great. Probably the only highlight of the movie to me.

This is how I feel about it. I liked it but I like Tangled more. Heck the LEGO movie has topped anything recent Disney has done in the last few years in my opinion. That movie reminded me why I love Disney so much growing up and now.. ironic that it isn't a Disney film! I did pre-order the DVD for my Disney movie collection :D It was good enough for that, unlike lets say home on the range which did up in the collection but I got it for free which was the only way it was going to ever be on my Disney shelf.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2014, 02:43:35 PM »
When I watched Frozen last week, I didn't go into it having heard a lot of hype about it, I think that worked in my favour. I didn't know anyone personally who had seen it, I didn't even remember seeing previews for it and I didn't read about at all until this thread was posted.

It's a good movie. Did it make it's way onto my all time fav movie list? No. But then again I absolutely adored Nemo and Tangled, but I couldn't stand classics like Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.

I have never been a fan of romance fairytale movies, so that's probably why I enjoyed this one so much.

Speaking from experience regarding overhyped movies, I will admit that as a teenager, when The Nightmare before Christmas and Independence Day came out, I was bored to tears, didn't like either one, way too much hype. Now I enjoy both movies :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal