collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Killy's non MLP art thread  (Read 13725 times)

Offline Lina

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
Re: Killy's art thread try 2
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2012, 01:19:27 AM »
thanks! today's lesson has been learned. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

my wishlist || my sales || thanks to myself for my avi :P and SDS for sig! || Candy Gloss || Asteria
~ I need SHS baits! PM me with offers if you have! ~

Arkillian

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2012, 04:28:21 AM »
:D

In other news, I got the proof of this back, and as usual, my fantastic printer has done a wonderful job on it :)  I need to do a bit of editing to it before I put words on but the colours are so beautiful and punchy ^^ I've very happy how it's turned out :)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2012, 09:11:06 PM »
That's great news!!  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2012, 01:14:45 PM »
Oh gawd you're an amazing artist. I'm trying to draw my own comic, but it involves badly drawn ponies, dragons, griffins and foxes XD

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Arkillian

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2012, 06:00:10 PM »
Well, I've been busy with making comics, and saving up for major surgery to have that all being spent on buying a new car after mine got written off, but I've been dreading to see how unloved this page is now and it was a whopping big 5 pages back! D: There are SO MANY new threads being made... it's madness T.T

Anyways, I have been drawing so I'll post the recap here:-

The front cover for my Phoenix Wright fan comic solo print. This was meant to be in an anthology comic print, but two artists didn't make the deadline so I delayed the print. Since then, only one of the two actually gave me a finished comic so T.T Frustration. I'm just going to print it minus anyone that didn't make my cut off point. *sighs*

Anyways, it's the cover for my comic only. You can read it here

A fanart/ exchange picture with my friend Kayla of her character Jarrick. We both drew a picture of him doing something the other requested. I requested a heist afterglow picture which she spit out over night and floored me ( *u* ). Mine came a month later, but mine was to draw him in Victorian Dandy. So, here he is! My favourite Art School Sub Rosa character in dandy ^^

This one is still work in progress, but for my birthday I decided to redraw an old picture of mine of my favourite DC character, Green Lantern- Kyle Rayner :) It's taking a long while cause it's all in coloured pencils, but so far, so worth it ^^

So yeah... I'm still alive. I just can't keep up with all the new posts in this thread anymore T.T

Arkillian

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2012, 11:03:46 PM »
Well, this'll be the last post I do in this thread, but I felt that I should post the final version of my Green Lantern picture before I leave it here for good.

If you like it, feel free to comment. I don't seem to get much of those anymore >.>  :cloud: Oh well.

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2012, 10:50:21 PM »
Wow, the Green Lantern looks amazing!!  I really love the background and the highlights.  Don't know how I managed to miss your last update.

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2012, 11:19:37 AM »
I love the green lantern picture, that is fantastic stuff! I wish I could draw people well, but for some odd reason I paint better than I draw.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2012, 01:03:31 PM »
Oh wow! You are so talented! The feeling in his eyes is really intense!

And on a side note I always love your avi! David Tennant is from my home town! So I love him!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2012, 01:57:03 PM »
Oh wow. You are very talented!  I really like your 'curiosity killed the kitten' drawing.  Your characters are very attractive.  Great work :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2012, 03:10:56 PM »
I have always admired your work Arkillian  :lovey:  He looks amazing!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Arkillian

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2012, 04:30:39 AM »
Well... this is sort of awkward  :blink: I was going to stop posting art here cause no one really cared about my art    :sad: If peopel are still keen I can still post here though. I just feel weird posting non MLP art here >.>

Thanks for your comments you guys :) The background in the Green Lantern picture was both easier and harder than it looks at the same time (if that makes sense). The stars were really easy cause I have a mechanical eraser now (LOVE IT) and that wit ha normal eraser gave the cool glowy effect for the space. The auroras were hard though cause of the colour changes. Polychromos can be really subtle, but I still fought to get it looking right >.> I'm glad that I put the effort in though. It finishes off the picture perfectly ^^ The purple and green look good together too :)

People is about the only thing I really do know how to draw well... Actually, scratch that cause I know how to draw HEADS well. The bodies I struggle with. I need to do some study on bodies over the next few months. It's becoming really apparent I'm lacking in my art there nowdays. specially in a picture like this where the face hits hard, and the body is so simple >.> I did a poll on it on DA I have a nice long list of things to work on XD Lol. I do love drawing people though!  :art:

Oh- I drew David Tennant for a tutorial on making him look 'Tennanty' and found out that he's impossible to just merely 'draw'. I ended up having to do a mamoth effort for the tutorial. I hope I didn't frighten the person I was critiquing  :what: I got a little carried away with it...

Curiosity Killed the Kitten is a fancomic story actually- the two characters are Diego and Mia so I can't claim fame for their look, but they're great to draw. They're my favourite coupling in Ace Attorney :) I wrote a comic which is 13 pages long- it's the cover for it. I thought it'd be fun to give her cat ears cause Diego calls her Kitten :) IT's fun too, cause it's in copic. I love crossing media like this :)

So... yeah. It'd be stupid to ask if I should post here. I just don't really like the set up of the gallery system here. I feel like having one thread per piece of art is pretty excessive. It's daunting to keep up with. I guess I'll see how it goes.If people are commenting though, I'll keep up with this thread.  :good:

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2012, 10:20:03 PM »
Of course we care!  You are extremely talented and I love seeing your art.  Sometimes, keeping all your stuff in one thread can actually backfire a little because people miss the updates.  I think that's probably what happened in this case.  :hug:

Also, what's a mechanical eraser?  Sounds awesome!  XD

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2012, 10:11:34 AM »
Green Lantern art?  *glued to screen* 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Lina

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2012, 12:27:26 AM »
i agree with zenna - for my part, i completely missed the update because it was all kept in one thread ^^
your art is amazing, please don't stop sharing. personally, i'm totally into super heroes at the moment, so i was really drawn to that amazing green lantern picture :heart:

my wishlist || my sales || thanks to myself for my avi :P and SDS for sig! || Candy Gloss || Asteria
~ I need SHS baits! PM me with offers if you have! ~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal