collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Killy's non MLP art thread  (Read 13820 times)

Offline Lina

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
Re: Killy's art thread try 2
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2012, 04:29:06 AM »
:lmao: i love that facial expression... and the guy is cute! ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

my wishlist || my sales || thanks to myself for my avi :P and SDS for sig! || Candy Gloss || Asteria
~ I need SHS baits! PM me with offers if you have! ~

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2012, 10:40:32 AM »
David Tennant is the most handsomest guy ever, and your drawing really shows that :) <3 xxx

Arkillian

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2012, 04:31:05 PM »
:lmao: i love that facial expression... and the guy is cute! ^^

Yes

He's... kind of the hottest Ace Attorney character in my humble opinion *swoons* I LOVE it how he refers to Mia as a kitten all the time *u*

David Tennant is the most handsomest guy ever, and your drawing really shows that :) <3 xxx

He's actually REALLY hard to draw. His face is so expressive that it's hard to get it just right. To make it worse, he comes across as so gaunt looking on every angle but that one XD I had one hell of a time getting that right XD Thank you though! The effort was very much worth it I think :)

Arkillian

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2012, 02:53:19 PM »
Just a note- I'm still around. I have another couple more weeks to finish the collab comic I'm doing. I've been VERY busy with it keeping everyone motivated to send me pages, doing my own pages, and artists pulling out on me (I had 2 out of 7 pull out on me T.T ) So it's been hard, but I've only got 2 more weeks or so left to go so it MUST be done by then XD This has been alot bigger of a job than I expected though. It'll be worth it to see the end result though :)

Here's a WIP of the cover if anyone is curious. It's a raw image so I'll be touching this up a bit to make it look better for print. It took me AGES to come up with a suitable cover. This one is of all the characters featured in the comic hanging out at a make believe park :)

Characters from left to right:- Diego Armando, Mia Fey, Shi-long Lang, Franziska Von Karma, Miles Edgeworth, Phoenix Wright, and Maya Fey.

All Ace Attorney characters btw.

Please leave a comment if seeing my non MLP art is of interest to you. Cheers :)

Offline Lina

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2012, 10:58:18 AM »
wow, franziska is beautiful! i just love her face. ^^

my wishlist || my sales || thanks to myself for my avi :P and SDS for sig! || Candy Gloss || Asteria

Arkillian

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2012, 02:24:40 PM »
Thank you :) Franziska is a pretty cool character cause she's so firm, and strict, but she's also very feminine when she wants to be. ^^ I wanted to show her feminine side in this picture as well... besides it being a draw card, it's something you don't see alot, and I like drawing expressions and feelings that you don't see the characters wear often :)

The final textless version of this picture is here http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/072/d/9/tales_of_turnabout_cover_by_arkillian-d4sdwvq.jpg

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2012, 08:57:04 PM »
That's really pretty  :)  I like the way you've positioned them to be at different depths, it adds a lot to the pic.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Lina

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2012, 03:00:36 PM »
what do you mean by "draw card"?

Arkillian

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2012, 04:56:24 PM »

That's really pretty  :)  I like the way you've positioned them to be at different depths, it adds a lot to the pic.

IT's funny- the original lineart didn't have the different levels this did and it irked me, so I scanned, photoshopped, and reprinted the linearts onto a new piece of card to do the colour. I don't normally do that, but if I show you the original lineart , you'll see that redrawing it was totally worth it :) IT makes a HUGE dynamic change to the picture :) Thank you though ^^ Not alot would pick up on it, but take for granted that they're there. Having different levels can make a big difference.

what do you mean by "draw card"?

Sorry- it's an expression ^^; It means that it's something that would attract something to it. Like... IT'd grab the audience's attention to wanting to see what the comic was about :) I try to have them in all my comic covers. Sometimes it's a colour, sometimes a character, sometimes a shape. In this case, it's a character and a colour :)

Offline Lina

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2012, 04:18:55 AM »
oh, i see! sorry, never heard that expression ^^

Erinsgobragh

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2012, 06:23:44 AM »
Oh I so love David Tennant! He's such a geeky stud.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2012, 10:13:12 AM »

IT's funny- the original lineart didn't have the different levels this did and it irked me, so I scanned, photoshopped, and reprinted the linearts onto a new piece of card to do the colour. I don't normally do that, but if I show you the original lineart , you'll see that redrawing it was totally worth it :) IT makes a HUGE dynamic change to the picture :) Thank you though ^^ Not alot would pick up on it, but take for granted that they're there. Having different levels can make a big difference.

You're right, it looks much better with the different levels like that.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Arkillian

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2012, 01:27:02 PM »

Sorry- my use of it isn't exactly what it's used for either, but I couldn't think of a better way of explaining myself ^^; Perhaps it's an old saying? Or a British English expression?

Oh I so love David Tennant! He's such a geeky stud.

Yeah- he's adorbs ^^ Difficult to draw, but adorbs :3

You're right, it looks much better with the different levels like that.

Luckily I caught it before I coloured it. Art being a one way trip with traditional art doesn't upset me, but if I did the picture and discovered that it needed a better layout AFTER I coloured it, I'd be pretty upset XD

Offline Lina

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2012, 01:55:52 PM »

Sorry- my use of it isn't exactly what it's used for either, but I couldn't think of a better way of explaining myself ^^; Perhaps it's an old saying? Or a British English expression?

not that the difference between british english and american english would matter to me - my mother tongue is german. :silly: probably that's why i didn't get it at all. i'm still learning!

Arkillian

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2012, 02:09:43 PM »
... This makes sense then! :D It's an entertainment expression primarily, but art in commercial use is similar in characteristics. To draw a crowd to you, you need something to attract them. Comics need the very same thing, or you become another face in the crowd.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal