collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Fairies  (Read 6218 times)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Re: Disney Fairies
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 01:06:23 PM »
Honestly, though, my sister and I have just been waiting for the tragic backstory moment to explain Tinker Bell's drastic personality difference  :P She went from a nice, friendly fairy, to someone who kinda encouraged murder. And I know Disney wanted a more appealing character for the spin-off, but they were using her as a pretty prominent character before the franchise. But I think her personality was the main thing that kept me from really liking the movies.

Yeah, I just imagine that there's something that happens when Peter shows up. Tink is older and apparently has conflicting feelings about Peter, which causes her to be grouchy and jealous.

I will definitely have to read the books, though. Levine is a good author, so I'm sure the books are good, too! :)

::Edit:: I just watched some of the shorts on Youtube. The "Aarrgh" one is AMAZING.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 03:46:28 PM »
I caught some of the shorts while I was out of town last XD

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2014, 05:05:23 PM »
I've been watching some more of the movies now. I'm not going in order... but that seems to be okay. I'm currently watching "The Great Fairy Rescue."

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 01:38:48 AM »
Okay, this is really cool! In the first post I linked to an early trailer of the first movie, which seemed to be based on the axed version with its significantly different plot. Here's a lot more footage! All from the same few scenes, but with much more detail, and ugh I don't speak Russian. Fairies dying when people stopped believing in them was a recurring plot point in the Levine books, so maybe that's what was going on here with Tink's hand fading out?

Also, here's the source for that last Neverbeast picture! It turns out there's at least one scene set in the daytime. Who knew.

EDIT: We have Trailer!

EDIT2: A few thoughts from the director, plus the name of the actress taking over the role of Fawn. Looks like Gruff will be stacking rocks and has a "purpose."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 08:25:34 PM by VioletCLM »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 08:37:15 PM »
Also, here's the source for that last Neverbeast picture! It turns out there's at least one scene set in the daytime. Who knew.

EDIT: We have Trailer!

EDIT2: A few thoughts from the director, plus the name of the actress taking over the role of Fawn. Looks like Gruff will be stacking rocks and has a "purpose."

Yay! I still need to catch up on the rest of the movies... but this one looks exciting!

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2014, 05:25:23 PM »
Have some more images. Some are newer than others and I'm not really sure where they came from, but hey, I hadn't seen them before! Sourcing from some Russian page--there are some more pictures of there that also show Fawn in her new model/outfit, but I'm sticking to those that look reasonably Neverbeast-related.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And saving the best for last:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 10:39:25 PM »
Hehe, cute pictures. I ordered the first book online, so I'm waiting for it to arrive. So excited!

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2014, 11:15:28 AM »
Time for a legitimate trailer. Not a teaser, not a snapshot, just two and a half minutes of Fawn, Tink, and an elite scout fairy. There's also a 1:30 trailer floating around, which I'm guessing was attached to Big Hero 6 or something, but it's literally the same footage only with various scenes cut or shortened.

Elite scout fairy, because we're getting to the point that spoiler tags feel appropriate:
Spoiler
Nyx! Lawful Good, methinks.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 11:40:15 AM by VioletCLM »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2014, 02:35:49 PM »
Looks super exciting!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 03:24:16 PM »
I can't imagine Disney ending this part of their franchise. Tink kinda reminds me of Barbie. Doll and videos and more videos and more merchandise. Disney is missing out on a goldmine if they discontiue pushing Tink...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2014, 02:05:05 PM »
Don't think I've posted this one yet: opening sequence. Nothing spoilery about the plot, just Fawn being Fawn and doing awesome Fawn things.

Also, I got my hands on the book Tink North of Neverland, which is the source for the plot of the Lost Treasure movie, and it cleared up a couple things. The scene of Terrence talking with Silvermist is largely from the book, which explains why it's such a different role for her than most of her movie scenes. There's also a discussion of how the Pixie Dust Tree was destroyed in an event the fairies don't like to talk about--I'm not sure if this was a volcano eruption or a battle, I may need to find more sources--and the fairies were only saved by Mother Dove's subsequent appearance. Voila, continuity between timelines established! (If you assume something went wrong with Zarina's "extra" tree in Skull Rock, I guess.) Also Pixie Hollow was physically larger in the days of the movies than in the books, so that's interesting.

EDIT: Some very HD screens, wallpaper-ready (click the center tab). The fourth and fifth look particularly backgroundy.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 09:07:06 PM by VioletCLM »

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2014, 08:10:56 PM »
While waiting for the film to get a wider release :(, how about some toy and other merchandise images? Including this lovely Fawn:

ETA:
A short preview clip from near the beginning of the movie. Nothing spoilery.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 01:41:51 AM by VioletCLM »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2014, 11:43:55 AM »
Ooh, pretty doll. I need to get some of the other dolls -- I don't have any yet and I am totally into this series now. :D I had some of them on my Xmas wishlist, but no one ever gives me anything off my wishlist (except for my roommate, who got me a MH doll and the G2 Collector's Handbook).

Offline Darker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Hello there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2014, 12:32:14 PM »
I never liked Tinker Bell in the Disney's Peter Pan movies. She was too much of a douche to me. The movies themselves were enjoyable, but full of corny moments and full of clichés.

When I saw all of this stuff announced I really thought this was going to disappear the moment it began, but nope, it actually got some popularity, and I don't see why.

Maybe I have to watch those Tinker Bell movies, they might be interesting. I fear they might be a bit too childish to me.
It is the evil that lies in ourselves that is ever least tolerant of the evil that lies in others.

-Maurice Maeterlinck

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2014, 03:20:04 PM »
Maybe I have to watch those Tinker Bell movies, they might be interesting. I fear they might be a bit too childish to me.
See, that's what I originally thought. But now that I've watched most of them I can actually say they're pretty high quality (if you're a fan of Disney movies, of course). Pretty good script writing, beautiful animation, decent plots. They held my interest, at least. And as I've said above, I LOVE the shorts on Youtube! They're so funny!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal