collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Well, Collecting Only G4's Didn't Last Very Long!!  (Read 387 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Well, Collecting Only G4's Didn't Last Very Long!!
« on: October 06, 2013, 11:42:20 PM »
Back around June, I sold off my G1 collection.  I needed the space and I needed the money even more!

I swore that I would only collect G4's.  They're tiny, they're cute, and I usually don't pay a lot for them.

Yeah, that didn't last long.

Yesterday I went to my favorite flea market.  I was only looking for G4's.  Well, it was like G3 heaven.  I came across at least 50 G3's (no kidding).  But, I don't collect G3's, so I was safe...

Then I found three G1 Ballerina ponies.  Seller wanted $10 for all of them - too much! Plus, they were never my favorite.  I escaped that booth with my money...

I spotted from a distance a Dream Castle Collector's Case that was FILLED with G1's.  I tried to act casual.  Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh.  A mint SS Twist, a mint Gusty, mint Skyflier...holy moly! 16 G1's and they're all MINT!  I peeked into the little drawer for ponywear and it was FILLED with goodies!  I tried to keep cool as the booth owner walked towards me. 

Me: "How much are you asking for this?"
Lady: "$50"
Me: o_O
Lady: "....buuuuuut, I'll let it go for $40"
Me: "That's a lot" [oh, wow, $40 isn't THAT bad...that's....$2.50 a pony! Score!]
Lady: "I can't let it go for less.  These are hard to find these days, plus there are a lot of accessories."
Me: [act cool, don't look like you know what these things are] "I'll think about it"

I walked off to finish the flea market and think things over.  I thought of that BEAUTIFUL Gusty. So pearly white.  So Glittery.  SHE HAS TO BE MINE!  No! No, Spiff! G4's only!  ...but I do have all that extra shelf space now.  What did I do? I left  them behind! What if SOMEONE else buys it from her! Ack!

It took me a while to get back to her...but I found her again!

Me: "How much are you asking per pony?"
Lady: "I really don't want to split them up."
Me: "Well, I only have $21 and some coins in my pocket.  What can you do?"  [which was true, but a girl can dream, right?]
Lady: o_O "Uh....$21? Yeeeeeah, no, I need $40"
Me: "Hold it for me! I'll find an ATM!"

Well, I found some money in the car arm rest that brought me up to $40! 

The seller was so excited that I bought them.  She told me that she has ANOTHER case (lol, "It's a smaller case that looks like a stable.  It's a six-pack of ponies")  LOL, six-pack of ponies.  Love it.  I just might go back next week to see what she's got.  She also has a Dream Castle, but told me that she can't convince her daughter to part with it.  I don't blame her daughter!

This is what I got!

Case with SS Twist & SS Fifi flat stickers (don't know if I can salvage them)
Baby Cotton Candy WITH PINK HAIR!
Baby Moondancer
Baby Surprise
Baby Cuddles
Bowtie
Firefly
Moonstone
Sunlight
Gusty
Powder
Skyflier
Sundance
TE Sweet Stuff
SS Twist
SS Lofty
Rosedust....and one of her WINGS!  Yeah, it's broken, but I have the tab!  I've repaired them before, and I can do it again!

...and nearly all of their accessories!!  Ribbons AND brushes!  Plus a few extra!  AND a complete Neon Lights and Great Skates outfits, Best of the West (near complete), a bunch of items from the Prima Ballerina set, and a few items from the Sweet Dreams set.

I am so stoked.  All the ponies are in perfect condition (well, a few have an ink mark under a hoof, but they're faint and small, I wont hold it against them).  Lofty & Rosedust even have their original factory curl!

I knew I was in trouble when washing them last night when I started singing "Dressed Like a Dream."  I've been bitten by the G1 bug again!   :biggrin:

Most of my finds are going on eBay.  Hate to do it, but $40 is just too steep for me right now.  Hopefully I can get some (or all) of my money back if I sell most of these gals ;)  But Gusty - she's mine.  All mine.  My Gusty <3

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Well, Collecting Only G4's Didn't Last Very Long!!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 12:12:01 AM »
That's such a great buy! :)
He he! That happened to me too. I decided to just collect G4s because I can get them cheap and they are so cute and little. :) But slowly but surely G1s started to work their way back into my house.... :lol: Sometimes you just can't say no. :biggrin:

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 12:39:21 AM »
Congratulations! What a great find. Every time I decide I'm going to restrict my collecting something new and awesome pops up  and I can't resist. Currently, it's G2's. They're looking cuter and cuter to me. I don't have any, but that will only last until one shows up in a lot, then I'll need a dozen . . .

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 01:49:55 AM »
Wow im so jelly right now! great find! and i say if they are in that great of shape and you have a little room for them let them come home! no reason to say no to great pony luck! :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 02:40:29 AM »
Congrats on your new ponies!!!! That is a great price!

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 02:44:48 AM »
I have to set limits for myself, haha. 

I decided to keep Gusty...

...and Twist...

...and Powder...

...and Skyflier...

...and Bowtie (oooh, and she's the long haired version too)...

...and Rosedust...(I'm repairing her wing AND found another wing AND another Rosedust tab in my broken wing collection.  She's going to have a PAIR!!!)

...and all of their combs/brushes...and ribbons.  But that's it!

I already have the others scheduled on eBay to start tomorrow night.  I think I planned this right.  With a 5-day auction, they should end Sunday.

VERY tempted to swap my Baby Cotton Candy with the new gal as an upgrade, but I don't see the point.  I've never been able to prevent pink hair from fading.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 05:41:55 AM »
That was such a good buy you got. I can't believe how many people there were selling ponies!  I would have been in heaven, lol :D

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 07:03:57 AM »
Nice find! It's awesome when flea market finds are in mint condition. And at least you can keep Gusty! I just got one this year and she is a very pretty pony. :)

Offline PrincessKelliee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 07:14:18 AM »
KEEP THEM ALL!!!!! Screw only collecting G4's  G1 and G4's get along just fine together  :P
How much more happy would Gusty be with her friends? Otherwise she would feel like a grandmother, nobody likes feeling old.

So, Congrats!  ;)

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 08:21:35 AM »
wow! How lucky! Ebay you say? (Evil smile)
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 09:54:32 AM »
LOL, you guys! Looks like I'm keeping Rosedust too!  Here are some pics ^_^

"Spiff, you need to fix this.  I'm counting on you!"

80's video montage set to "Eye of the Tiger"

A second wing was found in the box of broken dreams.  By chance, a Rosedust from years gone by had donated a wing tab.  Today was the day that generous gift would be put to good use.

"Your dedicated service shall always be remembered.  I graciously accept your invitation to join your herd.  I shall protect your ponies from any dangers they may face."

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: Well, Collecting Only G4\'s Didn\'t Last Very Long!!
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 04:10:52 PM »
wow! How lucky! Ebay you say? (Evil smile)
:work: :work: :work: :work: :  LOL   :biggrin:

Post Merge: October 07, 2013, 04:16:25 PM

Congratulations! What a great find. Every time I decide I'm going to restrict my collecting something new and awesome pops up  and I can't resist. Currently, it's G2's. They're looking cuter and cuter to me. I don't have any, but that will only last until one shows up in a lot, then I'll need a dozen . . .
  be ware off the G2's  they are so addictive, I'm still hunting them,after every batch  I tell myself  I have enough,I'm done , then few weeks later I come across a new pony I want to still add :)  and they are mostly on the other side of the ocean so.....they get pricey .....waiting on some new ones right now :)

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 04:23:11 PM by HoustonCollector72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Mnemiz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 07:00:28 PM »
KEEP THEM ALL!!!!! Screw only collecting G4's  G1 and G4's get along just fine together  :P
How much more happy would Gusty be with her friends? Otherwise she would feel like a grandmother, nobody likes feeling old.

So, Congrats!  ;)

Hahaha, 'amen, well put - all of it  :thumb:
:good: 'Keep calm & brony on!!' :drunk:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal