collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your best pony find?  (Read 3308 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
Re: Your best pony find?
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2015, 12:27:25 PM »
I once got a tiny teeny pony for .50c. I was at the mall and they had a thrift or rummage sale going on. I am sure I have purchased one or two for a great price but this is the only one that really sticks out in my mind.

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2015, 12:36:08 PM »
I've found Mimic on two separate occasions at my local flea market, each time for $3 - $4.  Mind you I found them years apart.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline palaisdejouets

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Palace
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2015, 02:05:51 PM »
I've found Mimic on two separate occasions at my local flea market, each time for $3 - $4.  Mind you I found them years apart.

W O W! What kind of condition were they in??

Fizzy Adoptable by LyraHeartstrings
Visit my tumblrs:
★*. Toy Palace •*. Toys of the '80s ★. OMG Strawberry Shortcake ★*.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2015, 02:14:12 PM »
Salvation Army.
High Flier.
And yes.... 25 cents.

I still get smiles when I think about it.

However, I never really see ponies there anymore. Either my timing is bad or they just don't do it.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline geekybones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumbllllrrrrrrr
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2015, 02:19:21 PM »
I've only had two pony finds in my career: a good conditioned Blossom plushie and a near mint g3 Shenanigans. I am so jealous of all you people with your awesome pony hauls! I wish my shops would stock up hehehe

Offline SFlame

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+123)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2015, 02:27:08 PM »
Lots!
Baby licorice, hopscotch and candy 50p each
Mountain boy fireball, Spanish 4 speed and hat, spanish fizzy, 5x big brothers and hats, candy cane Ponies etc £5 lot
Tex and about 10 other g1s 10p each

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2015, 04:51:48 PM »
 My mom usually finds some really good pony deals for me, but my own personal best was probably the one at a yard sale right down the road from my own house! I saw they were having a yard sale and decided to walk over... lo and behold, there was a fairly large lot of G1s! The lot included the entire Apple Delight family AND a bunch of pony clothes! And I'm pretty sure I got the whole lot for under a dollar.

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2015, 05:08:47 PM »
Too many to list!  But then I was collecting at a time when ponies were still pretty commonplace at car boot sales/charity shops etc.  Almost all of my UK release G1s were bought at car boots for a few pence in the late 90s-2001ish.  It's weird to think back to those hot summer days where there were probably two or three stalls with ponies in every aisle at a car boot.  I remember sifting through heaps of G1s every weekend looking for ones I hadn't got...crazy.  These days I'm lucky to find one G1 all summer!

Looking back, one of the ones that stands out was a big bag of ponies for £2.  Most were fakies and I didn't think much of them at the time.  I bought it for what I believed was a rare "ceramic Baby Explorer"...turned out she was a prototype.  Also in the bag happened to be Spanish Piggy Pony Perla.  Plus three or four random G1s.

Cheapest pony ever was Baby Fifi for 2p!  I often wonder why that lady even bothered to pay to hire a pitch if she was going to sell things so cheaply!

Nine ponies including Italian Lemon Drop and Bon Bon for £1, Thailand Tornado for 50p, Rollerskating Melody, Kiss Curl, Music Time and a variant Princess Pristina for £1.50, Baby Candy for 10p, Baby Licorice for £1, Baby Ruby for 50p, Mummy Berrytown for 50p, Daddy and Mummy Meadowsweet for £1 each, Mummy Sunbright for 50p...  Just some of the ones I remember but gosh, there were a lot of bargains over the years. 

Then there's the ones I regret leaving behind with hindsight, especially the massive box of G1s (probably 200 or so ponies) I found a lady packing up at the end of a car boot sale.  She said I could have the whole box for a fiver but I was only about eight at the time and just quickly pulled out a few I hadn't got which she charged 20p each for.  I still wonder what else was in that box!  Can I travel back in time now please?

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2015, 10:16:27 PM »
Wow guys!!  Great bargain stories!!

I recently picked up baby Splosh at a car boot sale for 50p, have had baby Meadowsweet at another car boot for 50p and an entire G4 Crystal Kingdom castle for 50p  :shocked:

Then I have picked up a baggie for £5 which contained a lovely Snuzzle to upgrade my current one AND an almost entire artist G1 ponywear set :D

Best bulk buy has to be the lot which got me started on G1 collecting. My fella's brother did a house clearance and found a box of G1 ponies, which he sold me for £20. 17 ponies all in very good condition, most just needing a brush and one of those whisky packing tube things filled with pony wear and accessories!!

Then there's my freebie  :lol:  an almost complete Lullabye Nursery with 10 ponies from one of my school friends - her parents were clearing the attic to move somewhere smaller now their children have flown the nest!!!!

Actually, feeling lucky now :D

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2015, 10:42:19 PM »
I haven't found much just a chewed Up, Up, and Away TE Fizzy, Glory and a G4 Cupcake. Rubbing this thread for good luck as I'm going out to the flea market tomorrow!

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2015, 05:30:14 AM »
Hmmm, I haven't had any crazy awesome pony luck yet, but I did find G1s and G2s "in the wild" at someone's room sale at Breyer Fest last summer.  She had tons of G3s, some G1s, and a couple of G3s all priced at $1.50 each.  I got G1 Up Up and Away (her hair is still pink, too) and G2 Bright Berry.  I regret not buying more, but I wanted to save my money for Breyers because it was Breyer Fest after all haha.  It's a good thing I only got those two because on the last day of Breyerfest I had exactly enough money to get one last Special Run right down to a dollar!  If I'd gotten even one more pony I'd have been out of luck haha.  That's the only time I've gotten a G1 somewhere other than online, and I'd never even seen a G2 in person before that!

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2015, 09:18:45 AM »
I've had alot of really good deals through the years, but mostly back in the early 2000's when it was still common to find G1s everywhere. Some highlights were TAF Munchy for 50-cents, Pearly Baby Glory for 25-cents, SSN Pink Dreams for $2, UK Bon Bon for $1, etc.

But maybe my best pony deal actually happened today! I found this guy at the local second hand shop for $3:

Ice Crystal, holy cow!!! O.O Already made a brag thread about him though, so I won't repeat everything here. ;)

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Ianthe99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2015, 02:43:47 PM »
Probably this.

That bag had all of these plus others.

I've found some good deals during my searches, but that's probably the best. The funny thing is, I had to wait a few days for them. I was in a thrift store, and I glanced into the back room and saw HOOVES! I asked the lady if I could buy them and she told me that I had to wait till they were on the sales floor. I was sure I wasn't going to get them. We kept checking back and I got lucky!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2015, 08:03:42 AM »
Answered a weeks old ad and got a MIB Baby Bonnet School of Dance, MIB Baby Lucky, MIB Spike with cartoon eyes, a loose Pretty Parlor, most Megan & Ponywear, and a bunch of loose ponies . . . for $50.

Then there's the time I found piggy Minty at Value Village . . .
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2015, 01:50:26 PM »
In the past I had some awesome finds. Like lancer I rarely come across g1s as everyone is looking for them/well there's not so many in circulation any more.

In the past  my best would be ice crystal for under 50p twice
Thundercloud 50p 2 x tornado for under £1

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal