collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OH my, facebook  (Read 7294 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: OH my, facebook
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2015, 06:13:26 PM »
I really wish they'd let you organize friends into groups and make settings so that certain groups can't see certain posts. It would make things a lot easier if you're around very different kinds of people.

You can do that. It's been a feature for a while, actually.

Thanks for pointing it out! I can be rather oblivious.

Yeah, it's a great feature, really! I use it whenever I go on rants and um... some people I go to church with don't need to see me get like that. :lol: I've separated my friends into groups for that reason.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2015, 06:20:43 PM »
That's what you get and you can't get past that point.
They don't need to know the part 1 information for anybody. lol.
I'm stuck as of now because photo bucket is doing its usual.. I make an edit, save that edit. Then I go to add on another layer, it saves it but then messes up the layers=absolute disaster. If anyone has photo editing software and can lend me a hand on this I would greatly appreciate it. I have customs images on this account that I don't own anymore and don't have the images stored anywhere else...

Are you just trying to cover personal information on your card, or are you trying to create a fake one?  I can cover personal info easily if you PM me the picture, but I don't know if I'm skilled enough to fake anything.  I can try though.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2015, 06:48:16 PM »
That's what you get and you can't get past that point.
They don't need to know the part 1 information for anybody. lol.
I'm stuck as of now because photo bucket is doing its usual.. I make an edit, save that edit. Then I go to add on another layer, it saves it but then messes up the layers=absolute disaster. If anyone has photo editing software and can lend me a hand on this I would greatly appreciate it. I have customs images on this account that I don't own anymore and don't have the images stored anywhere else...

Are you just trying to cover personal information on your card, or are you trying to create a fake one?  I can cover personal info easily if you PM me the picture, but I don't know if I'm skilled enough to fake anything.  I can try though.
Thanks for the offer Zenna. I really appreciate it. I was able to get a supportive online friend to edit info on a card for me. If I get a request for another document I may send a utility bill your way, lol. I at least was able to get in and save all my customs images that I have there (which is my biggest concern, I don't back-up stuff on the computer, but I guess I will from now on). Now I wait and see...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2015, 06:54:54 AM »
This is really hitting the transgender community hard :( It's the reason I haven't changed my name on Facebook. I use the nickname feature for BlackCurtains when pony people and whoever else want to find me, but my page is under my birth name. It's... irritating, to say the least.

I was just coming here to say that. A lot of transfolk for whatever reason don't/can't use their name on their license and fb would just rather they not use the service at all.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2015, 09:04:00 AM »
I use my real name but lately I have been getting a lot of "friend" requests from people that are supposedly in Pakistan/India/Middle East. They don't even look like real accounts and all of them claim to be students at the University of Alaska at Fairbanks. Sorry, request denied. There are quite a few Indians in the graduate programs for Engineering and Computer Science but none of the accounts even look real - no pictures, no friends, no cover photos..

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2015, 12:06:05 PM »
I just deleted my furry Facebook because stalkers kept finding my human one with my personal info on it because I was forced to use my real name. Forget it!

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2015, 12:30:01 PM »
I just deleted my furry Facebook because stalkers kept finding my human one with my personal info on it because I was forced to use my real name. Forget it!
This exactly. Facebook doesn't care about peoples' safety at ALL. NO type of personal information is their business. They are not a government agency or an employer (to most users). I mean, I'm trying to get my own JOB to take my photo off the website because of safety concerns -- I shouldn't have to fight Facebook over my personal information, too!

Most of the information about me that is available for stalkers to find online is there because I had a Facebook account under my real name long ago. Facebook has NO scruples when it comes to selling information -- of any kind -- to third parties. I already hated Facebook with a passion, but this whole mess makes it so much worse.

EDIT: Idea: let's all migrate back to myspace! :silly:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2015, 12:36:44 PM »
I really wish they'd let you organize friends into groups and make settings so that certain groups can't see certain posts. It would make things a lot easier if you're around very different kinds of people.

You can do that. It's been a feature for a while, actually.

You can do that with your posts (pick which groups you want to see) - but there is nothing you can do about whether or not your friends see the comments/likes you make on other people's pages, unless they turn that off (which I did).

I think they are doing the "prove you are you" thing now because of online bullying/fraud issues.

Post Merge: November 30, 2015, 12:39:22 PM

This is really hitting the transgender community hard :( It's the reason I haven't changed my name on Facebook. I use the nickname feature for BlackCurtains when pony people and whoever else want to find me, but my page is under my birth name. It's... irritating, to say the least.

I was just coming here to say that. A lot of transfolk for whatever reason don't/can't use their name on their license and fb would just rather they not use the service at all.

That really stinks- I do like the idea of more security- but what they are doing seems like the bad will outweigh the good by a lot.  Hopefully they realize that before people start leaving in droves...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 12:39:22 PM by Galactica »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2015, 12:52:56 PM »
It's also frustrating if you have a friend that you only know by the name they use, but it's not their birth name. For instance, I have a friend who is Chinese and her birth name is rather complicated and hard to spell, so she goes by an American name (she's also trans, so that could complicate the situation even more!). If Facebook requires her to use her birth name, how is anyone going to know it's her; how will people find her? It's ridiculous.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2015, 05:01:01 PM »
Day two of them "reviewing" my documents... Eh, what harm am I going to do? If posting pictures of custom ponies is a crime, I'm guilty!  LOL. My DOG has a Facebook account and they haven't questioned it, yet.

G4 customs 4 sale

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2015, 06:53:45 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that Mark Zuckerberg's dog has his own FB account?  lololololol

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2015, 07:00:07 PM »
Ok, unless his dog has a form of valid legal photo id to prove he is him, that is not fair!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2015, 07:19:56 PM »
Actually, maybe it's a page and not a personal account.  I can't always tell.  The dog's name is Beast.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2015, 05:43:40 PM »
Actually, maybe it's a page and not a personal account.  I can't always tell.  The dog's name is Beast.
Heh well, Sarge Greyhound is obviously not a human...  He's not accepting new friends atm, but now that I've posted this FB will troll the internet because they know where I am all the time. They will require him to prove he is in reality an 11 year old greyhound with a 'crybabypeepants' complex...

Still reviewing additional documents today...

G4 customs 4 sale

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2015, 06:05:13 PM »
Well, I guess Mark Zuckerberg can prove that his dog is legit by being Mark Zuckerberg.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal