collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone actually excited about La Dee Das?  (Read 16846 times)

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
Is anyone actually excited about La Dee Das?
« on: June 06, 2012, 09:33:46 AM »
I know that the Livs are being replaced by La Dee Da, which is very sad. I know how that feels because I am a Moxie Teenz fan. I am not personally a Liv collector but I buy the wigs for my Moxie Teenz because they are great quality, and I have started buying the clothes for my Tangkou because they are cute and a great fit.

However, I am really looking forward to the La Dee Da dolls because of this line, the Sweet Party Collection:

I'm crazy about them. I might have to get them all. Anyone else looking forward to these?visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone actually excited about La Dee Das?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 09:38:44 AM »
Wait? They're replacing LIVS with unjointed dolls? Weak. DX

It's probably because they're brighter and more colorful. I kinda like the rainbow haired one, but they're kinda funny looking.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Dibbles

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 09:44:32 AM »
Wait? They're replacing LIVS with unjointed dolls? Weak. DX

The legs are jointed, but the arms aren't. I wish the arms were articulated but I actually think this particular set of the dolls is cute. I don't like the World Trip collection.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 09:45:58 AM »
O_O I love them !! They are so cute !! I want the one on the far right with the precious curly hair !! :D

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 09:53:36 AM »
I've been excited about these since they first popped up at TF12, back in February. I'm even more excited, because one of my besties managed to get a few of them, and she's selling me her extra signature Dee (the one with the Statue of Liberty makeup and the NYC dress). They've slowly been popping up on TRU and she's been ordering them. You can check out her first review here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/venivididolli/7157434705/

I realize there are some Liv fans here, and it's always disappointing when a line we love disappears. But Liv wasn't discontinued to make room for these; the line was doing poorly, and several of Spinmaster's lines were recently discontinued. If Liv hadn't turned into a shelf sitter, they probably would have kept both lines (MGA makes both Lalaloopsy, Bratzilla and Bratz, Mattel has Barbie, MH and Stardoll, Hasbro has both LPS and MLP).

I will say, I do wish the La Dee Da line had more articulation, but at least they have more than Stardoll!

papier

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 09:56:52 AM »
I am! I want the Signature Dee doll and the pink one on the far right of Dibbles' picture.

Signature Dee:

I love her outfit, and I think it might fit Monster High (though the shoes won't, I'm sure of it.)

As for replacing Livs...well a company wouldn't drop a product that was making a profit. Therefore Livs are obviously not selling. With or without the La Dee Das, Livs were going to be dropped anyway, so it's not the LDDs fault.

The one thing I am disappointed about is the lack of articulation, though. It'd be nice to see even the elbows and wrists made movable. :(

EDIT:

I realize there are some Liv fans here, and it's always disappointing when a line we love disappears. But Liv wasn't discontinued to make room for these; the line was doing poorly, and several of Spinmaster's lines were recently discontinued. If Liv hadn't turned into a shelf sitter, they probably would have kept both lines (MGA makes both Lalaloopsy, Bratzilla and Bratz, Mattel has Barbie, MH and Stardoll, Hasbro has both LPS and MLP).

This, exactly this. Spinmaster are dropping Livs because they aren't selling, not because LDDs came along.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 09:59:42 AM by papier »

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 09:59:39 AM »
I think they are super cute (Way cuter than any other toy-type dolls I've seen), but I probably won't get one unless they are very cheap; the limited pose-ability is just so disappointing.

Though, if someone goes about finding a way to put their heads on a better body, that would certainly be interesting. But I doubt they can be 'Obitsu'd' or somesuch.

All the same, I'll be stalking for owner pictures of them when they come out. I'm mad (and I mean this positively) about how 'lolita' they are.

Dibbles

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 10:00:44 AM »

Agreed. Toys are always discontinued for a reason. And yeah, the articulation could be better but at least there is some.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:28:44 PM by Dibbles »

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 10:02:01 AM »
I'm not sure I'm excited about the dolls themselves...But I'm excited about their clothing! :ninja:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

papier

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 10:02:10 AM »
I think they are super cute (Way cuter than any other toy-type dolls I've seen), but I probably won't get one unless they are very cheap; the limited pose-ability is just so disappointing.

I've seen the RRP listed on some sites as $19.99.

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 10:09:15 AM »
I like their clothes a lot, and the hair looks good on most of them too, but their faces don't do much for me I'm afraid :/
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 10:12:33 AM »
I like how colorful and unique they are.  I didn't like the LIV dolls.  They were boring and looked too much like Barbie dolls for me.  I bought a few of their outfits for my Pullip dolls, but that's it.  I don't see myself collecting the LDD's either but I would probably buy them as gifts for the little girls in my family.

And the one girl's outfit reminds me of G3 Minty so that's cool!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 10:16:02 AM »
And the one girl's outfit reminds me of G3 Minty so that's cool!
Eeee, that's why it looked so familiar! :lovey:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Lon-san

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 10:36:21 AM »
Queen Yummiland and King Beauty Cutie had a baby. Good fairy Monster High blessed the child with longer silouette and jointed knees.

I'm not really keen on these. They are cute but I don't know if I'll really WANT any. With the skinny bodies, some people are holding their breath to see if the clothing fits Monster High. Honestly? I think it would be smart move if it did. MH have some fashion packs out but not everywhere is getting them and a most of it is kind of heavily themed towards one character. People who don't buy the dolls might buy the fashion packs anyway.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 11:07:49 AM »
Ohhhh my. If those clothes fit Monster High I will probably buy all of them. XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal