collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone actually excited about La Dee Das?  (Read 16981 times)

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Is anyone actually excited about La Dee Das?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2012, 06:18:51 PM »
They're weird, yet super cute at the same time. I kind of want them. D:

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2012, 06:29:23 PM »
I actually don't like the World Trip set much at all. Dee is just flat to me, and I'm not digging Cyanne either.

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 06:53:45 PM »
I actually don't like the World Trip set much at all. Dee is just flat to me, and I'm not digging Cyanne either.

Same here. I do like Tylie in the world trip set though, she looks pretty cute!

Lon-san

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2012, 09:02:10 PM »
With so many dolls looking like technicolor cartoons, I've never really understood the whole "UNREALISTIC BODY IMAGE!!1" about so many dolls. I mean, MLP look nothing like real horses.

Technicolor MONSTERS! The line shouldn't even exist because girls shouldn't have toys based on icky, terrifying monsters! No, really. I have actually seen parents complain about that. Like Draculaura and her ruffly dresses are going to scare anyone. Maybe a dry cleaner? >D

Besides, what do they REALLY want? It's impossible to make a fashion doll with entirely accurate proportions, because they're too small. The clothing drapes wrong. Part of a fashion dolls skinniness is to prevent them from looking off when they're dressed. :p

The big question that the designers face is "Will anyone buy them?" I think with the new fabrics and differences in attitude, a more accurate doll would have a better chance then in the past. They were able to maybe Barbie's body more human and it was accepted. But if they made this realistic bodied line that "concerned parents" are always clammering for and the kids decided it was "fat and ugly" and didn't want it? Are there enough parents out there who are committed enough to the cause that they will buy a doll their children don't want in large enough numbers to support it? That makes the companies veeery nervous. They put out the Happy To Be Me doll way back and NOBODY BOUGHT IT. People whined that the old Barbie body, current at that time, was going to make little girls hate themselves but when they had another option they didn't actually take it. :/

Speaking of old Barbie, I HATE when people keep regurgitating the old facts about Barbie's proportions vs. human proportions like they are current. I am honestly curious about whether or not Barbie is still "too underweight to menstruate".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/venivididolli/7342638938/in/photostream

They look pretty similar!! Also wow, and people knock Monster High for having unrealistic proportions...
I hope she's feeling rested enough to play dress up soon! VVD has so many different kinds of dolls, hopefully she'll be able to find a few things they can swap back and forth with. Maybe even some line we're not even expecting.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 09:07:44 PM »
If not tonight, in the next couple days. She and I have been yakking about this line for a while. She just got back from a trip and some busy days at work; she'll be getting the comparisons up soon ;)

Lon-san

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 09:22:26 PM »
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1897608@N25/pool/with/7347173314/#photo_7347173314
^ She just put up new photos! The answer seems to be YES to LDD in Monster High, if you can find something from a monster that suits them. Juku Couture seems to work for them. Mostly Bratz TOPS could work because Bratz have larger hips (Really? Seriously? :O) And a mixed back for the LDD on MH. Apparently MH is actually WIDER in some places than these girls so tight stuff won't work. A commenter brought up Howleen but VVD couldn't get the boots off her own to try. Maybe someone else will supply an answer on that one?

Offline Clementine

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 11:17:57 PM »
And the one girl's outfit reminds me of G3 Minty so that's cool!
Eeee, that's why it looked so familiar! :lovey:
Is it bad that when I first saw that doll I immediatly planned on buying it simply to steal the clothes and make a custom Minty doll? x)
I also wonder if there would be a way to make these dolls more articulated? They are super adorable but the lack of articulation would annoy me to death :P There are certinatly some nice outfits though :)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 11:40:36 PM »
I also wonder if there would be a way to make these dolls more articulated? They are super adorable but the lack of articulation would annoy me to death :P There are certinatly some nice outfits though :)

You could probably stick the head on an Obitsu, or some other jointed body like a Liv. You'd just need to find a matching skintone. :3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Private_Bubbles

• Scribbles Pony
  • I'm Bubbles, Private Bubbles.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 04:22:50 AM »
Too bad the Livs didn't sell well, they were great dolls (I think it was mainly just the eyes that put people off, and maybe a lack of promotion). These dolls looks so cute though, I love the colour and patterns :D

Repulsive333

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 08:15:57 AM »
Why does this person have these dolls already???
I NEED THEM!!!
When are they coming out? LOL

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 08:56:14 AM »
They're adorable!  I'm especially partial to the 2nd one with rainbow colored hair. (Oh noes, my wallet is crying already >_<)

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2012, 09:36:16 AM »
Why does this person have these dolls already???
I NEED THEM!!!
When are they coming out? LOL

They've randomly been popping up on TRUs website. She's ordered all the ones that have shown up (and disappeared). I believe Lollypop Sloane is still available, but the other ones she has no longer show up on the site.

The same thing happened with MH when they first launched; she was able to order the first set of characters, but then they disappeared for a while. These are slated for a July launch, so they should be more widely available then.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2012, 09:44:15 AM »
Oh my god! I have never seen these before! I LOVE THEM! CANDY CANDY CANDY! <3
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2012, 09:59:50 AM »
CANDY CANDY CANDY! <3

Fffff thanks, I now have Candy candy from Kyary Pamyu Pamyu in my head. ;_;

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2012, 11:55:24 AM »
I personally think the reason Livs didn't do well had more to do with that they were kind of "ordinary" if you know what I mean. That's why the Moxie Teenz also didn't do well since they were rather "ordinary" too. The Monster High dolls, even if you take away the monster references, are still colorful fantasy dolls. If you notice the other companies have taken notice and are trying things that are more out there. La Dee Da, Cutie Pops, Bratzillaz, and Novi Starz are all very imaginative and I can see them doing better than Livs or Moxie Teenz or even the regular Bratz. "Ordinary" is just not in anymore.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal