collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Restoring Baby Princess Sparkle (UPDATED PICS) - Glitter help?? 7/18  (Read 913 times)

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Restoring Baby Princess Sparkle (UPDATED PICS) - Glitter help?? 7/18
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2013, 08:37:43 PM »
She looks so cute!  I love how she is turning out...I never have gotten her for my collection but I think I might now.

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2013, 08:43:11 PM »
nice job!...shes lookin great! ;)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2013, 08:49:02 PM »
There are various ways of applying glitter - mixing it with glue, applying the glue then the glitter, or spray on adhesive.  I'd probably go for the spray on option, though it'd require making a mask for the exact marking outlines/shapes. 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2013, 08:58:03 PM »
Looking lovely so far :) I have restored two BPS so far and for glitter I used FolkArt Extreme Glitter acrylic Paint. Get a silver and your gold, pink/purple for the castles and paint it on in thin layers starting with a base of the silver (for the authentic MLP look) and then your colors. The folk art can be found at Walmart and pretty much any other craft store. I also use a super fine brush for the painting- Artist's Loft makes a fantastic 20/0 script liner that is amazing for detail work (the little could lines) and eyelashes :)

Hear is one of the girls I used the glitter paint on~ she has almost no symbol when I started.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2013, 09:01:23 PM »
Looking lovely so far :) I have restored two BPS so far and for glitter I used FolkArt Extreme Glitter acrylic Paint. Get a silver and your gold, pink/purple for the castles and paint it on in thin layers starting with a base of the silver (for the authentic MLP look) and then your colors. The folk art can be found at Walmart and pretty much any other craft store. I also use a super fine brush for the painting- Artist's Loft makes a fantastic 20/0 script liner that is amazing for detail work (the little could lines) and eyelashes :)

Hear is one of the girls I used the glitter paint on~ she has almost no symbol when I started.

Looks great! I may pick your brain further when I embark on redoing her symbols, if that would be okay?
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2013, 04:38:49 AM »

These are some embossings on one piece of paper. I took the picture at night time too so you cant see all the glitter. It took me two mins to do this and there is no glue or paint. The castle has no glitter at all. The paper is just plain paper, The glitter can not come off, All of the embossings are not very big maybe 2 inches-It just looks big because of the close up shot.  Ive used the Paint from walmart, And that stuff is great And cheap too. Its just messy and time consuming. But the end results are amazing on your pony-You did a wonderful job.
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2013, 12:30:03 PM »
Wow Sanadaookami she looks fantastic. I have never had much success with glitter paint but that really makes me rethink it and guess the issue was me and not the paint!

As for the glue, Sunshine I normally just use nail glue as I find it dries the best and is the easiest to work with.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Honey Buzz Oregon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2013, 09:37:35 PM »
I can actually help for once. I am a bit of a glitter queen..... Please don't use Nail Glue, I've never used it on a pony(Used it on several other things), but it will turn the glitter different colors & it can make the glitter deteriorate. Plus nail glue wasn't made to last, it was made for a temporary fix. I can tell you pretty much what every single glue out there will do with Glitter. They actually make a glue that is made just for Glitter. Use it, there is a reason they make  :biggrin: It won't peel, turn yellow, scratch off or anything else. You can get it in clear or in white. Which will effect the end color of the glitter. I will get you the exact name this weekend, I'm drawing a blank & I can't run out to my scrapbooking/stamping room 'cuz Rylee would think she needs to go with me. LOL

I also have over 100 different colors of micro fine glitter so since you are doing such a small job I would be happy to just send you just enough to do the job so that you don't have to buy jars of all the different colors since good glitter is quite expensive & you don't want to use sub-par glitter.  Good/Great glitter can run you $5.00 - $15.00 a jar. Fantastic Glitter can run you $5.00 for the tiniest jar ever to $50.00  The majority of the glitter I use is from a company by the name of Art Institute they have the BEST EVER glitter out on the market.

And while embossing is a cool look, I don't think it's the look you are wanting & it super easy to mess up. It can also leave a film or sheen on what you're embossing. If you'd like to try that I can send you some of that also, I've got over 100 different colors of that too. Plain, Metallic, Glitter, Neon, Opaque, Ect..... You do need a heat gun to use that though.

If you have any questions about glue, glitter, embossing I'm your girl.....

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2013, 07:28:55 AM »
Awesome!! Thanks for all the info everyone! Honey - I will definitely pick your brain once I get back in town on the 26th, since that's the earliest I'll be able to work on her again! :biggrin:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2013, 09:19:10 AM »
Embossing is not that hard to mess up, unless your in a hurry. I've done wall art to making chandlers, costumes and tons other stuff with it. A heat gun is nice, but not needed. Some use blow dryers or lights to heat it up. I don't think I would use Nail glue either, But I have not tried so I cant say if it works or not. 
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal