collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bad Ebay seller has struck again (Klicic1986)- Ashlyne's update  (Read 15003 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update...  :(
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
OK, so I've been communicating a bit with the seller.  So far, she's been fairly pleasant and it hasn't gotten nasty. But she does seem to be avoiding the issue of the 13GBP overcharge.

She apologized for sending the wrong pony and has offered a refund for it if I send it back. I asked if she was going to cover my return shipping and she's agreed. 

For the two damaged ponies (the ones that got scuffed up from bumping eachother in the bag), she's only offered a 10% compensation.....which adds up to a whopping 0.50GBP.  She said they could probably clean up just fine.  Which isn't the case for the pony missing the paint, and the pony that now has the paint smudge has it on her cheek, so I may risk removing her cheek blush if I attempt to scrub it off or use acetone.    I replied that I didn't think 10% was enough, especially when she's got an extra chunk of money of mine that was supposed to go towards a safe shipping method that would've avoided the damage.

I've opened an Item Not As Described on the mix-up pony, because ebay recommends you go through their resolution center so they can keep track of the return and all communications.  I gave the seller a head's up that that's what I'm doing so they're not offended by it. 

I'm not exactly sure what to do on the damaged ponies, but I'll wait till she responds.  If it doesn't go favorably, I'll probably open cases on those too so we can officially have ebay involved.  At this point, I'd be perfectly happy sending everything back for a full refund.  But I doubt she'd go for that or at least I bet she won't agree to pay for my sending them back and I'd be out money with no ponies.  I did receive 1 pony and three accessories that were OK (grubby and dirty, but probably that way before she sent them).

I tried looking into katiew1992's history a little more, but because the auctions are old (from December), I couldn't pull up the bidding history on a lot of them to see if she bid up auctions she didn't win (shill bidding).  I can't see any proof that's what happened or didn't happen, but at the very least, it seems she used two ID's to bolster her feedback ratings.

Of the 29 auctions katiew1992 won from klicic in December, it looks like 28 were resold again by klicic a couple months later.  I cautiously say "looks like" because most of the older auctions no longer have photos showing so it's possible the seller had doubles of all these ponies .... I personally think that's quite a coincidence, but it's not solid proof either way.  Nearly all those auctions had the same title & description.

Will keep you all updated!   Marlin, if you want to update your original post to point people to page 3 on this issue instead of "at the end", that  might be helpful :)   Thanks for the advice and help. I definitely have some options but am trying to see if the seller will come through with righting this wrong before I consider reporting her and leaving feedback. The good thing is, she's already left me feedback, so she can't take that back. 

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Yep... I'd like updates! I'll be very interested to see how this all plays out.

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Ebay seller has struck again - Ashlyne's update
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2012, 08:49:08 AM »
Okey Dokey.

The seller got even more frustrated and asked me to send all the ponies back for a full refund plus shipping.  Which was fine with me since she agreed to pay return shipping on that one. 

I opened cases on the other 6 auctions so ebay could keep record of what was going on.  The seller responded to those cases and I received instant refunds for 6 of the 7 auctions. The original shipping (20GBP)  was split between all the auctions, so I got most of that back too.   
But one of auctions, for some reason, didn't release an instant refund. It said in order for me to get that refund, I had to send that item back. 

I mentioned this to the seller and said I was getting ready to send them back.  I got a shipping quote.  Now, ebay requires a tracking number, which doubles the cost of me sending these ponies back.  The seller had previously agreed to pay for it, but I felt she would raise a stink if I asked her to pay $23+.  So instead, I offered to pay for the tracking part, which was more than half. 

I felt that was more than fair, right?   After all, I'm getting nothing out of this. She's at least getting sales ponies back.  Well, she responded with:

"rite ok,dont see why it let me refund all 6 of the others but not this.you do realise this has wasted my entire night trying to sort this for you and more stress than any other person has in my entire life,if it wasnt for the fact you need to send them back before you get yourb refund id be telling you just to keep them.i dont want to hear anything else about the matter"

I thought I was being very friendly about this, so I don't know where all this stress was coming from. But anyway, I felt I wasn't going to get any positive response by trying to work this out further. I sent her a short message saying because she just wanted this over and done with, I would opt to "keep the item" on the open case. She keeps the money from that pony plus 1/7 of my original shipping.  It closes the case and doesn't require anything more. I told her I'm still open to working out a way for her to get the other ponies she refunded if she wanted them, but it was up to her. 

I'm not going to do anything with the ponies for several weeks in case she calms down and wants them. Do I need to do anything else? I don't like having an unhappy seller, but I don't know what else I could've done differently.   :blink:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:50:48 AM by ashlyne »

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2012, 11:43:22 AM »
Oh what a mess...  How do I block her?   I want to avoid bidding on her auctions at all cost!

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2012, 12:55:20 PM »
Oh what a mess...  How do I block her?   I want to avoid bidding on her auctions at all cost!

My thoughts exactly... I just don't understand how people can be that way to customers... I mean, sure, there horrible customers but you are still supposed to have good customer service and deal with everyone in a polite way to keep people coming back to you even if they may not have been completely thrilled with everything... no reason to be rude to people who are just trying to sort things out.

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2012, 10:01:45 PM »
I was about to bid on her auction but then I saw this thread. I'm sorry this happened to you guys :sad: but at least I know not to bid on her auctions now. How do I block her?

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2012, 06:30:55 AM »
I don't know if you can block a seller.  I think you just have to make sure you avoid them. You can block buyers though: http://ocs.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CustomerSupport   

I'm hoping this is the end of it, but she messaged me about the refunds she sent on her Paypal account, saying something was wrong.   There's something about what she said that makes me think she expects me to return all the refunds, essentially paying full price for the lot again (which would include that ridiculous shipping!).  If anything, I would be fine sending her payment for the ending price of the 4 auctions that were OK, half payment for the 3 that were damaged/wrong, and her shipping cost (6.50GBP). 

Offline ristvak

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2012, 08:54:30 AM »
The only way you can block sellers is to do an advanced search and click the "exclude seller" box and enter her ID every time you search. It's a shame there isn't an easier way to permanently hide them =(
If you haven't received feedback from me, give me a nudge!

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2012, 10:30:47 AM »
I wouldn't return all of it either. I'm thinking ebay refunded you right away is because she has her preferences set to no returns. As for shipping i'd probably only return what it cost to send them plus maybe a dollar for the handling. no way does she deserve all of it back.

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2012, 03:33:17 AM »
Oof what a nasty seller.

All the ponies she has listed now have ended before recently with a winner... a winner who did not leave or recieve feedback...

I wouldn't be surprised if she has more than one shill bidding account.

Other than the suspicious katiew1992(13) in her feedback history, there is another one I find suspicious:
mlpu2me(2) who left feedback on Dec 07.
That one also has the same speech pattern as klicic:
"very good communication and would recomed. I will be back thanks again ; ) xx"

Who knows how many accounts this seller has used to shill bid  >_<

I was about to bid on her auction but then I saw this thread. I'm sorry this happened to you guys :sad: but at least I know not to bid on her auctions now. How do I block her?

Same here. I was going to bid on her mlp annual but then I saw this thread.

Glad to see she is losing out on sales because of her behaviour.  :biggrin:
I hope ebay will ban her soon.
-

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2012, 05:48:56 AM »
Oof what a nasty seller.

All the ponies she has listed now have ended before recently with a winner... a winner who did not leave or recieve feedback...

I wouldn't be surprised if she has more than one shill bidding account.

That's interesting...   Those three ponies were originally sold to katiew1992 back in December, then to someone with a scrambled id of 0***0 (51) in late February, and now they're listed again.  From the bidding history of that person in the past 30 days, they've bid on 10 auctions, 8 of those were klicic1986's auctions and they "won" 4 out of those 8 auctions.  But we don't know what country they're from or their speech pattern.  Even then, it's difficult to really say if the IDs are connected.  Could be someone who saw this thread and simply cancelled their wins to get out of the hassle.  I'd keep an eye out for more bids from 0***0 (51).  If they keep popping up on her auctions and backing out, there could be something there. 

Other than the suspicious katiew1992(13) in her feedback history, there is another one I find suspicious:
mlpu2me(2) who left feedback on Dec 07.
That one also has the same speech pattern as klicic:
"very good communication and would recomed. I will be back thanks again ; ) xx"

Maybe. They are no longer a registered user (like katiew1992) and they're from the UK. It's a fairly new ID, only 4 months old.  Speech pattern is similar, differences would be there's a space between the sentences and klicic usually uses very short phrases and not full sentences. Butit's similar.  The only thing is that pony, Love In A Mist, hasn't popped up again. And it was just one auction, not a bunch.  Interesting though...

I did hear back from klicic1986.....and now she wants me to resend all the refunds she gave, paying full price for all the items including the 2 damaged items and another completely wrong item.  I let her know that made no sense, since that was the reason I started this ordeal. We were in the middle of an agreed return, so if she still wants them back, I'm willing to pick up where we left off. If she doesn't want the ponies, I would gladly pay her for the four items at auction price that were fine, 50% for the three messed-up auctions, and the shipping cost she spent to get them to me.  I'm expecting a blow-out and am considering calling ebay to see exactly what my obligations are at this point if she refuses both offers.

I also sent ebay my suspicions that klicic1986 was using katiew1992's ID to improve her feedback rating, and that I think they're the same person.  They sent me a message back to give them a call about this, which I'll do tonight. 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2012, 01:28:49 PM »
My poor mum is officially fired as ebay helper....I asked her to watch and bid on an auction as I was in on a conference call when they finished...she bid on the wrong items...guess who I have to pay £10 now to ship about 8 combs?!!!!

I was only watching the auctions out of curiosity! Sigh....I cant believe I have been suckered into this as well....my own fault for not deleting the auctions or clearly leaving the right information for bidding...

Bless her she is so upset! I ll pay and go straight to negative feedback and minimum DSRs I think! And a report to ebay on price gouging sellers...I really thought you werent supposed to make money on shipping...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2012, 01:48:43 PM »
My poor mum is officially fired as ebay helper....I asked her to watch and bid on an auction as I was in on a conference call when they finished...she bid on the wrong items...guess who I have to pay £10 now to ship about 8 combs?!!!!

Oh, so sorry you got sucked into this mess!  It might be worth a shot to see if you can cancel the transaction if you haven't sent money yet. That's what I would do!  If not, you'll probably have to pay. Was it just one auction that had the 10GBP shipping fee? If so, keep your packaging bag if you decide to report her for excess shipping. 

I don't believe ebay goes after excessive shipping issues if it's a combined shipping situation. I think they'll only do it if it's a single package. I could be wrong.  They look at it as "hey, the seller was doing you a favor by giving you a discount when they don't typically combine shipping".  It's a terrible loophole.

I think klicic and I have come to an agreement. Will update when that's done.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2012, 01:53:52 PM »
Its 4 lots of 2 of 2 combs and one of 3 combs...it will cost less than £2 to post...and I have been invoiced £10.00 total as the price on shipping for each item was £2.50 so there is simply no combined shipping. I know as a seller she can do this but it still doesnt sit right.

I ll pay for them...I dont really want a NPB issue to be honest...its my own silly fault I was completely aware of the issues with this seller I was only watching the auctions for nosiness...and one of them does have an item I wanted but I had simply been refusing to buy because I could see she was a headache waiting to happen.

When it arrives I ll speak to her about the price and give her an opportunity if not I have no shame in leaving DSRs and feedback to match the situation!

I hope you are managing to get everything sorted Ashlyne...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal