collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: RANDOM SWAP - *COMPLETED*  (Read 79136 times)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Re: RANDOM "other collections" SWAP - START SHOPPING!
« Reply #720 on: February 02, 2013, 02:10:23 PM »
Very sad-after tracking down something my partner really wanted, and finding a member in NZ that would ship it to me, it turns out it can't be shipped out of NZ because it contains non-removable batteries.  And NZ is the only place I've been able to find it. :(
But I have found several things for both partners, I figure I'm about half-way done shopping for actual swap items, but I haven't started on the extras yet.

Aw, I'm sorry that happened. :(

I have 2 more auctions I'm watching and then I'll be getting started on my extras. A few of my packages have already arrived and it's so far, so good. Really excited to get this box all finished. ^_^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 02, 2013, 02:55:22 PM »
Very sad-after tracking down something my partner really wanted, and finding a member in NZ that would ship it to me, it turns out it can't be shipped out of NZ because it contains non-removable batteries.  And NZ is the only place I've been able to find it. :(
But I have found several things for both partners, I figure I'm about half-way done shopping for actual swap items, but I haven't started on the extras yet.
Aw, that's a shame. I've had similar experiences myself, so I know your pain :(

I think I've found something for my partner. Just waiting to hear back from someone about condition!

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 02, 2013, 03:58:30 PM »
I have a question to add. Say you collect Cows. Do you also like toy cows and not just figurines made to collect?

If it was a small one probably yes.  For example, I like snails. I would be happy to get a lps snail or a little plush. But I probably wouldn't want a snail keyper toy or a huge stuffed snail.

Adding herkimer diamonds to my list of favorite stones to collect.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 02, 2013, 04:43:28 PM »
Aww, sorry to hear about your trouble, CrazyCatLady!

I was sad that I got outbid on a lot that I was trying to buy for my partner, but I did manage to find some things so my box is officially starting to fill up! ^_^
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 02, 2013, 05:16:29 PM »

They won't ship batteries?  How would they know? 

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 02, 2013, 06:06:04 PM »
I can finally start shopping for this swap. :)
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 02, 2013, 06:16:52 PM »

They won't ship batteries?  How would they know? 
Not sure, I guess the clerk asks if the package has anything in it that's prohibited. Like in the US, the clerk asks if the package has anything liquid, perishable, hazardous, etc. Sigh.
I picked up a couple cute things at Meijer today that fit in with my one partner's collection.  My other partner collects mostly older toys so I've ordered a few things from eBay.

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #727 on: February 02, 2013, 06:21:12 PM »
:( I'm terribly sorry CrazyCatLady about the batteries problem. I'm planning to buy more stuff this week (feel like I am so behind everybody else)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 02, 2013, 06:25:13 PM »
Come to think of it, they have been asking me if there are lithium batteries in the post.  They just started doing that. I guess maybe regular batteries might be an issue too. Sorry they could not ship it to you. :(

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 02, 2013, 06:25:37 PM »
:( I'm terribly sorry CrazyCatLady about the batteries problem. I'm planning to buy more stuff this week (feel like I am so behind everybody else)
It's definitely not your fault! I so appreciate you trying to help in the first place. I wonder if they've had trouble with the batteries exploding or something?

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #730 on: February 02, 2013, 06:32:26 PM »
Got another item when I was out today!  I think I am almost done.  There is one thing I still kind of want to get but it may be a little pricey now.  Who knows, I may get it anyway if it actually shows up on eBay at a decent price. 

Edit: Actually found it on eBay in group lot.  Hopefully I can get it for cheap! 

On another note, is it bad that I kind of want to open one of the items I got for my partner and play with it? lol.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:21:43 PM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 02, 2013, 09:13:22 PM »
I haven't started shopping, I am kinda waiting for next payday, but I have been window shopping. I also want to go the ocean front and check out the shops to see what might be there. I want to make sure I search all places to find the best of things for my partner.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 02, 2013, 09:28:13 PM »
I won another auction on eBay :). This box is shaping up nicely. I should probably slow down though or this box will end up costing double the budget lol.

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 02, 2013, 09:32:01 PM »
I won another auction on eBay :). This box is shaping up nicely. I should probably slow down though or this box will end up costing double the budget lol.

I'm so in danger of that, too!  It's just so much fun to find great things for my partner.  At least, I hope they think they're great things.

CrazyCatLady, so sorry to hear that.  Non-removable batteries seems odd, both in that you can't remove them and that you can't ship it. :(  Good luck with the rest of your box.

I've updated my list to answer more questions.  I hope I got them all.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:06:13 AM by Emberfly »
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 03, 2013, 01:14:11 AM »
Got another item when I was out today!  I think I am almost done.  There is one thing I still kind of what to get but it may be a little pricey now.  Who knows, I may get it anyway if it actually shows up on eBay at a decent price. 

Edit: Actually found it on eBay in group lot.  Hopefully I can get it for cheap! 

On another note, is it bad that I kind of want to open one of the items I got for my partner and play with it? lol.

Not in the slightest, its a good think just think if you want to play with it and it is something you don't collect then your partner is most likely to love it.

I bet everyone is in the same position over at least one item. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal