collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Minnesota Pony Meet 2012- HUGE success! Pictures added on p. 15  (Read 29605 times)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota Pony Meet- Planning stage!
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2012, 03:11:17 AM »
babystarz, I think I found the site you were talking about, it hasn't had any attention since 2008. I DID bump into something about a Midwestria meet, but don't have time right now to look for more info- pesky job.
I'm not sure if I made it sound like WI didn't need to be part of the site, I totally think they should. Where does "Midwest" end? Like on a map, is Missouri still Midwest?

sabathamk, hi! I think the date is set for the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend, it seems to work out for most people- sorry to those it doesn't! But really, who needs family vacations? But I also think that when Babystarz gets the midwest site set up, it won't be too complicated to find other pony people or to make more region-central pony meets, which means northern MN could have a meet, and that would make it easier for you! For all of us!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2012, 07:31:55 AM »
I looked it up it is a pony meet in
St. Charles, IL
September 14-16, 2012

that is a littel too far for me MN is already 8 hr away

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2012, 09:10:55 AM »
I'll have to check with my hubby to see if we can arrange our fall trip around then instead of later in the year.  It will depend a little on harvesting times and whatnot... when the corn needs to come off the fields... but I think it could be doable!  I'm very excited about this being possible!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline bubbles171

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2012, 12:33:22 PM »
lol ya I know how it is I work for a wholesale company that sells  seed inoculant and chemical. There is no way I can do anything from about april to end of june. I was lucky to go to the pony fair in FL as it so close. I hope you can make it Labor day weekend love to meet you. Do you know if there are any pony meets close to the border in Canada? I live in Minot ND so close to the boarder.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2012, 02:16:22 PM »
Frenzy, where in SD are you? 
Fingers crossed I have that w/e and holiday off.  Likely hubby would drop Charlie and I off and head for the nearest hobby store.  Men...
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2012, 05:57:58 PM »
rybett, how old is Charlie? (your son, right?) because the site is really close to the zoo, which is free to get into, so if they don't want to go shopping they can go zooing!

I love how many people are on here! What generations does everyone collect? I collect all of them, but right now I'm focusing on G4 because they are easiest to find. My favorite is G1, but I love the cartoon and the way the new ones have pulled so many people in.

How about you?

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2012, 06:51:02 PM »
babystarz, I think I found the site you were talking about, it hasn't had any attention since 2008. I DID bump into something about a Midwestria meet, but don't have time right now to look for more info- pesky job.
I'm not sure if I made it sound like WI didn't need to be part of the site, I totally think they should. Where does "Midwest" end? Like on a map, is Missouri still Midwest?

I think it depends on who you ask XD The Mason-Dixon line cuts through Missouri so it could be considered part of the midwest or the south. I suppose I'll have to look at what most people usually consider the "midwest" and go from there. We could always add more states later if collectors in those locations want to be included ^^

Offline Frenzy

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2012, 08:32:15 PM »
Frenzy, where in SD are you? 
Fingers crossed I have that w/e and holiday off.  Likely hubby would drop Charlie and I off and head for the nearest hobby store.  Men...

I am in Sioux Falls. For the next couple of weeks at least!  :biggrin:

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2012, 08:49:19 PM »
Ah!  We normally take a trip to Soiux Falls once a year for Lifelight!  Love that music fest.  Come to think of it...it normally falls over labor day weekend...   :blink:

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2012, 09:08:24 PM »
I collect G1, G2, G3 and G4.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2012, 09:47:53 PM »
Sioux Falls as well.  Actually, Charlie is my  6.5 yo daughter.  Nickname for Charlotte.  She collects G3-4 with a few G1 thrown in.  I mostly customize 3.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline bubbles171

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2012, 08:12:10 AM »
I collect G1 ponies. I really love sea ponies, flutter ponies, and sitting ponies. All the differest ones. I do have a few hard to find ones that I could bring to the convention for people to see.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2012, 12:35:17 PM »
Did you sell Ladybird, Bubbles?
Rybett, after I typed that, I realized it might be a nickname. I'd love to see some of your customs!
Nessa, good to know I'm not alone here in the "love them all" world!

There are lots of people in North Dakota! You can carpool!

Offline bubbles171

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2012, 07:24:32 AM »
No I did not sell her I almost did with the flood but then fema came and helped me and my work helpd with money for my repairs so I stoped selling. I  would like to upgrade her though and maybe sell her in the future. She is missing several plugs and has a hair cut. I did sell a few and I will be looking to get them back but I have expaned my collection now. I am in the process of getting greek candel with egg in the package yeah!! I never thought I would get her. I also bought sea mist in package and I have sand doller. I also bought brazil sitting bowtie. I also have 4 of the Venezuela ponies and they are on there way to me in the mail, but I think I might sell one or two. I really only wanted the blue one but the prices on the other ones droped so I bought them instead. Now I finally have blue cotton candy.

Post Merge: March 14, 2012, 07:25:30 AM

who is all from north dakota I saw one or two? nessa16 is ani know of a few others but they stoped collecting and another that does not go to meets.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:31:55 AM by bubbles171 »

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2012, 08:40:39 AM »
Are any of you good with digital pony art? As I said, I'm comfortable using Photoshop, but that's only with editing/colors/shapes/buttons. I'm no artist. Ok, I do make cool abstract things, but I can't draw figures like humans or ponies any better than your average third grader :P It would be great to have someone who could donate their time and talents to making a few pony graphics for the website :D Nothing too crazy, maybe 4 graphics maximum (unless you want to do more!)

If no one here is able, that's ok. I'll poke around the Pony Art forum. I just figured I should ask here first since I think people over there expect some form of compensation.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal