collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Minnesota Pony Meet 2012- HUGE success! Pictures added on p. 15  (Read 29437 times)

Offline ringlets_

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota Pony Meet- September 1, 2012! At the Zoo Again! Yay!
« Reply #195 on: August 31, 2012, 05:25:09 PM »
I haven't had time to do much pricing either.  I have one bait box that will be free (I don't tend to make customs, so please take them to a new reincarnation!).  The rest are listed by year and "ID tag" on a tradelist.  Most prices are just suggestions and will be negotiable or trade-able.  I'll have some non-pony stuff along, but I'll wait to see if anyone is interested before unloading them from the car.

Off to pack the car!  If there is room I'll try to bring some of my hard to finds too.

Can't wait!  :frolic:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.mlparena.com/gallery2/v/Collections/album105/
http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/ringlets_1
Current pony count 1,101 - 519 G1, 23 G2, 407 G3, 14 G3.5, 139 G4. Plus a lot of duplicates. Also doesn't include blind bags, petites, dream beauties, etc.

Offline seaponey

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 31, 2012, 07:21:50 PM »
I don't have a ton to sell, but I'll probably do the pricing by the box/taking offers thing mostly too.

I would love to see any hard to find/international ponies if anyone has any for sale!

Can hardly wait!  See everyone tomarrow!

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2012, 07:40:56 PM »
Packing up my TE collection...thinning the herd!!!

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2012, 07:53:34 PM »
P.S.  Nessa - you are looking for Berenstain bear books?  I think I've got a bunch that are just sitting here...are you picky about condition?

Post Merge: August 31, 2012, 08:56:12 AM

yes, I have a list of titles I am missing.  I am not too picky as long as pages aren't falling out or scribbling on pages, stuff like that. 

Yes I am brining some hard to find ponies so people can look at them. I am bringing greek candel and ladybird one is mip with egg.

OMG...can we take pictures of them!!!  I probably will never see another one again and would love to get a close up as proof that I have actually seen one.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2012, 03:08:10 AM »
Just getting ready to leave now! Nessa, that's funny about the pictures, I did the same thing when I met Bubbles last summer! LOL!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2012, 02:02:58 PM »
Ladies I had such a wonderful time!  I'm so sorry I had to go early.  =(  Such a bummer!

Aurora...what in the world was in that box???  I must know!!!

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2012, 07:21:14 PM »
I had so much fun! I'm still on a pony high, and my husband is humoring me! Tee-hee! I finished shopping for my swap partner, and got some adorable things for myself. I'll post some pictures tomorrow- gotta put some ponies away!

The thing in the box was one of the soda sippin' pony's sodas. the brown one. Who got that? I have the world's worst memory right now!!! LOL!

Offline seaponey

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »
I had so much fun! I'm still on a pony high, and my husband is humoring me! Tee-hee! I finished shopping for my swap partner, and got some adorable things for myself. I'll post some pictures tomorrow- gotta put some ponies away!

The thing in the box was one of the soda sippin' pony's sodas. the brown one. Who got that? I have the world's worst memory right now!!! LOL!

me!  :)

I had a wonderful time, sold a few things, and spent some more :P !  Got some great ponies for me  and a couple for my swaps!

Can hardly wait until next year :)

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2012, 08:39:57 PM »
I had such a fun time today, I was bummed that we had to leave early :(  Thanks for all the pony goodness and I can't wait to see you all next year and do this again!!  Cloud Weaver, PM me when you want to have a play date!  I think our kids could wear each other out :)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 02, 2012, 07:26:05 AM »
Seaponey- That's right! Green shirt! I've already started thinking about games for next year- and contemplating a new location. I just don't want to deal with the money thing again, I would rather have an up-front fee. Since it's never going to rain again, we could do a pavilion in a park. I was thinking somewhere in the southern half of the cities- near Shakopee, so the people coming for the Renaissance don't have as much craziness. I would love somewhere with more space, too, so we can have a whole table dedicated to puzzles and games and sitting around and talking- a coffe-shop table!

My favorite part, other than getting to buy and sell some ponies and help my poor paradise estate find a new home (thanks, Balto!) was after the initial buying and selling had ended and we all had time to just sit around and sift through magnets, chatting and getting to know one another. I would like to find a site that is condusive to that- where everyone can have their own table and no one has to share (not that we aren't all great sharers, I'm not worried about that).

Now we have a little while to find that space! GO!

Did everyone think this weekend worked out ok? Was there anyone who couldn't come specifically because it was Labor Day, or was it because it was a work weekend or a wedding weekend or something? Because I really liked this- we've never really done anything awesome for Labor Day, so it's just another weekend to me. But the Fest is open an extra day, so the people coming for that would have an extra day.

What else could we do differently to make it a better experience? This was an awesome day, the best we've had in our long history of MN pony meets (three years!), how can we make next year even better?

Post Merge: September 02, 2012, 07:27:46 AM

And if anyone wants the master list of the ponies on the crossword, let me know! I'll email it to you, or I suppose I could post it here. Either way! Or if you want your own copy to print and do at work...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 07:27:46 AM by Aurora »

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 02, 2012, 08:12:24 AM »
I can't wait to see pictures if anyones going to post them :) I was hoping to make it this year but something unexpected came up and we weren't able to make it. Really hope next year i can make it up there!

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 02, 2012, 11:53:14 AM »
My Dad had to go in for pacemaker surgery on Thursday. :( He's feeling much better! :) Yay! :cheer: Now hopefully he'll stick to the doctor's advice this time (as not following it was what caused him to need the pacemaker in the first place). :lookround:

This meant no state fair for friend and her mom Wednesday, as I wanted to make sure the car was here for taking him to the hospital early Thursday morning. So, friend's mom insisted going to the state fair yesterday and not go to the pony meet at all. :( So instead of going like I said we would, we missed it - again! :sad:

The state fair was fun though - we ran into a few bronies. (Did you know there's a monthly meet at MOA? I didn't! O_o) I won some frogs in the Midway, had some flavored cotton candy, and took many pictures of horsies in the stable (but most of them were facing the back of their stalls, so it's mostly pony butts. XD )

Almost made up for missing the meet - but not quite. ;P

Aurora, are you planning on the same place for next year? *head tilt* :)
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 03, 2012, 03:04:09 AM »
We bumped into some... issues with this site. It's a beautiful place, the people are really friendly, and it's easy to find and park at. But we discovered this year that if you do any sales, they would like you to donate 20% of the proceeds to the site. In the end, we decided to donate $5 each, and if we had done most of our "sales" as "trades," we wouldn't have owed them even that much. It's also a fairly small space, but we made it work, and it's quite warm, the windows don't open. So I'm going to look into other sites, not quite as close to the State Fair but probably closer to the Renaissance Festival.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but glad to hear that he's ok, and that it can be prevented, at least a little bit. And congrats on your frogs and cotton candy, and of course your horse butts!

Pictures will be coming- it's been a long weekend!

Offline Shadowfax_22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 03, 2012, 06:01:45 PM »
I would have loved to be there this year too, but we went to the Renaissance Festival that day and then drove to see family for the long weekend.  I hope everybody had fun and maybe next year I will be able to attend.

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 03, 2012, 08:16:27 PM »
I had a great time and managed to make some decent purchases and trades.  Next time can I suggest a place that lets us bring our own food and drinks so we can bring snacks to share.  Once I ate I felt wonderful and really enjoyed my nap on the way home.  I loved seeing all of you and am glad to hear you all had a wonderful time.  I can't wait for next year and hopefully I will have more wonderful things to sell.  Now to clean my new toys and get my house cleaned up.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal