collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Multiple versions of a character in your collection?  (Read 3424 times)

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Multiple versions of a character in your collection?
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2013, 08:42:32 AM »
I dislike that I have multiples, because it feels like a waste of money.
GASP!!!  Waste of money????  Bite your tongue!!  MH is never a waste of money!!! :haha: :bateyes: :haha:

Lol Fauna...   XD
  :biggrin::bateyes: :bateyes: :biggrin:

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2013, 10:01:16 AM »
Overall, I aim to get one (preferably signature) of every character. I didn't plan on buying extra characters, however, some have still made their way into my collection. I have:

4 Frankies: Signature, SDCC 2010 B&W, B&W Skull shores, and DOTD
3 Clawdeens: Signature, 2.0 Signature, sister 2-pack
4 Cleos: Signature, 2.0 Signature, Dead Tired, DOTD
2 Deuces: Signature and Scaris
2 Jacksons: Signature and Gloom Beach
2 Ghoulias: Signature and SDCC 2011 Deadfast

Some of them I bought for their outfits, some I got because I liked the doll itself. In the case of Jackson, I didn't know if they were going to release him in signature form, so I picked him up his GB doll to avoid missing him if they happened to never make another. Sister pack Clawdeen came with signature Howleen, so she came along for the ride and I just decided to keep her.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:10:12 AM by Mandy85 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2013, 10:27:34 AM »
Like I said... its a bit of a dollie paradise... I still have a couple of things to get before I can set this up the way I want... and a new shelf ;)

animal_lover

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2013, 11:27:40 AM »
I try to only collect my favorite characters like Frankie, Ghoulia, Operetta, Robecca, and Venus including all of their variations I like. There are a few random characters/variations I do like (for example, PD Draculaura) but in an effort to sort of keep the number of dolls down I still don't get them. Unless they are part of a small collection, then I'll usually get all of them just to have the complete set. For example the SC collection. I love this version of Venus and I don't normally really like Draculaura but this particular version of her I think is really cute. And I really dislike Lagoona except maybe one or two of them but I'll probaby get her anyway just to complete the set since I'll probably get Draculaura as well.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2013, 12:34:11 PM »
There is no method to my MH madness. I get the dolls I like and I never had any kind of only one doll per character rule. If only, then I wouldn't be obsessed with Draculaura and all her pink loveliness.

Mejonhson's MH bookshelf looks totally wonderful as I have said before I think. Can't stop looking at all the pretty dolls. It even made me consider double collecting, having MIB and opened dolls, but sadly I just don't have the room.

I agree that MH dolls are very individually designed, and I don't feel like I'm collecting the smae character over and over again. Although recently I hade this really weird realization. I don't particularly like Clawdeen, but when I look at my want list there are not one, but three Clawdeens I want! Why is this? Because she has many lovely designs, like Little Dead Riding Wolf and signature 2.0.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 01:44:58 AM »
I've always stuck to my one doll per character rule and stuck to mostly only getting Signature releases. I currently have every ghoul released so far (except for Scarah stupid exclusives :razz: and minus the guys because I don't like them  :poke:), and each release I have of them are their Signature releases.

There have been a few duplicates that showed up into my collection, but as you can see in my list below: I mostly got them because they were too good of a deal to pass up and leave on the store shelf. :P

Here's a breakdown of my current collection with multiple released ghouls  that aren't Signature released and why I have them:

Frankie: 4
MIB
-Home Ick: Got on clearance for $8
-B&W SS: Got on sale for $4
Opened
-DT: Got for Cheap here for $7
-RM: Needed her dress

Clawdeen: 1
MIB
-Target with Howleen: She came with Howleen

Lagoona: 2
MIB
-Mad Science: She was my first doll along with Sig Frankie and I really like this release.
-School's Out: An impulse buy, she was my 3rd Ghoul when I first started off collecting and I really liked this outfit.

Ghoulia: 1
MIB
-Physical Deaducation: Got on clearance for $8

Venus: 1
MIB
-Swimline: Venus had become my most favorite Ghoul and wanted more versions of her.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2013, 03:40:21 AM »
I don't have a "1 per character rule" so I have different versions of many characters XD I just buy the ones I really like

Frankie - Home Ick, I <3 Fashion and Scary Tales
Draculaura - Swim Class, Scary Tales and Picture day
Rochelle - Sig and Scaris
Ghoulia - Dead Tired and Dot Dead Gorgeous
Lagoona - Schools Out and Dot Dead Gorgeous
Cleo - Schools Out and Picture Day
Abbey - Signature, Picture Day and I <3 Fashion

Adoptable made by me

operaghost

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2013, 12:43:44 PM »
Like I said... its a bit of a dollie paradise... I still have a couple of things to get before I can set this up the way I want... and a new shelf ;)

Wow! You have an awesome collection!  :shocked:  ^.^

Offline kurojaki

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 02:45:52 AM »
I have

10 Frankies
10 Lalas
11 Clawdeens
7 Abbeys
7 Cleos
6 Ghoulias
5 Lagoonas
2 Rochelles
2 Deuces

Next characters i own 1 doll of each

Robekka,Holt,Jackson,Clawd,Howleen,Spectra,Venus,Operetta,Nefera,Gil,Purrsephone,Meowlody,Toralei,Cupid,Scelitas,Hoodoo,Scarah Sreams

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 06:26:34 AM »
For awhile, I had more than one of several characters. But I was running out of room (and money) so I've now sold most of the duplicate characters and am trying to stick to a one doll per character rule, with just a few exceptions. So pretty much, I've decided if I find a new doll of a character I already have and I like her more than the one I have, I'll sell the one I had. I have just two exceptions on this.

First is Draculaura. Sig Lala was the very first MH doll I got and I couldn't bring myself to remove her stock from her and since I had several of her outfits I needed another Lala to wear those. I ended up with DT 2 Lala because she has the closed mouth, which I like much better than the open mouth, though I may end up replacing her with the new swimsuit Lala. I keep my sig Draculaura on my nightstand in my bedroom and DT 2 Draculaura is on my computer desk with the rest of my MH dolls.

My second exception is Cleo. My first Cleo was PD, but shortly after that, I got Fearleading Cleo. I really liked both of them and in the end, I decided that they look different enough to be two different characters, so Fearleading Cleo is Cleo, while PD Cleo is her cousin, Isis.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2013, 10:01:38 AM »
Multiple characters in my collection so far:

-Abbey Bominable (Sig 2.0, Scaris)
-Spectra Vondergeist (Sig 2.0, DDG, PD  and planning to get more versions *g*)
-Rochelle Goyle (Sig, Scaris)

I always try to keep my collection as "small" as possible. When a new version comes out I'm always thinking about them for weeks, until I decide to buy them or not. I used to have another version of Cleo, Lagoona and Lala, but I sold them off.
I'm sure I will get another Cleo or Lagoona soon, though. That means I just made room for replacements instead of minimizing the doll space  ^^;

Offline bigmlpfan

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Currently offline due to illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 10:44:26 AM »
Frankie and Draculaura  ^.^

bigmlpfan xx

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 10:48:28 AM »
I have a goal of having every Abbey they release (I'm waiting for the Heath/Abbey and Music Festival Abbey).  I have what's out so far.  I try to stick to one per character but Clawdeen and Frankie make that really hard!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Multiple versions of a character in your collection?
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 01:23:09 PM »
I have a goal of having every Abbey they release (I'm waiting for the Heath/Abbey and Music Festival Abbey).  I have what's out so far.  I try to stick to one per character but Clawdeen and Frankie make that really hard!

I took a group photo of my Abbey's this weekend and all I could think of was you!

elonni

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2013, 12:38:18 PM »
So far I have 3 Frankies (Ghouls rule, Sig and Ghouls Alive), 2 Spectras (Picture Day and Ghouls Alive) and 2 Deuces (Scaris and Sig). I try to mostly have one doll per character, but I am open to buying another version if I really like it.

Funnily enough, one of my favorite characters is Lagoona, but I only own her sig version. None of her other releases have been must-haves to me. The Ghouls Night Out version looks pretty cool, though, maybe I'll finally get a second one. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal