collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Multiple versions of a character in your collection?  (Read 3481 times)

operaghost

• Trade Count: (0)
Multiple versions of a character in your collection?
« on: March 09, 2013, 01:47:46 PM »
As of today, I now have three versions of Ghoulia: Skull Shores, Scaris, and Roller Maze. I never thought I'd have multiple versions of one character in my collection, but they are all so different! Ghoulia is one of my favorite characters, and I find her irresistible. I got their names sorted out, though. Scaris Ghoulia is the "real" Ghoulia, RM Ghoulia is Moanica, and SS Ghoulia is Scarilyn (because something about her reminds me of Marilyn Monroe :biggrin:).

Who else has different versions of a character? And do you give each of the dolls their own personality and name?

Thanks!

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple versions of a character in your collection?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 02:14:28 PM »
I have DDG and SS Lagoona as well as Forbitten Love Lala and SS Lala. I don't bond with my dollies so I don't give them new names :blush:
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 02:21:38 PM »
Ahahahaha. This made me think of my army of Lagoonas. :rofl: And now my army of Cleos. I do have multiples of other characters, but those two stick out as they are my absolute faves. I don't give my multiples names and different personalities though.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 02:23:13 PM »
I have a lot of multiples.. I have a MIB version of all of the doll released to date... And I have doubles of quite a few of them... And a few customs... I don't particularly bond with mine either... So...  :biggrin:

Offline Seraphia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 02:26:58 PM »
RM Ghoulia is Moanica, and SS Ghoulia is Scarilyn

I love this!! :lol: Those are awesome names!

I have two Ghoulias, two Cleos and three Frankies. And that's just because MH are so hard to find and super expensive here... otherwise I would have so many more! :mrgreen:

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 02:28:55 PM »
I love multiplies! I hav 8 LaLa, 5 Clawdeens, 3 abbies, 2 lagoonas, 2 rochelles, 2 ghoulias....you can see how this is.  :blush: I don't give them different personalities.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 02:29:38 PM »
I have 2 Abbeys. The Skull Shores one was my first so she's the real Abbey. The I<3Fashion one got rehaired in purple and I think of her as Abbey's older sister named Iris.

Then I have 3 Draculauras. Again, my first was Skull Shores and she is the real Lala. The other two are Gloom Beach ones I think of as twins. They both came inexpensively with some other items and when I had them in my hands I wanted to keep them. One got rehaired in red and the other is going to be rehaired in green eventually. Like I said, I consider them twins and older sisters to my Draculaura.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 03:13:31 PM »
The only character I have multiples of is Draculaura, because I love all things hot pink and she has such beautiful dolls! I don't want all of them, like the swimsuit ones just don't interest me, but most of her dolls are so pretty. I have sweet 1600 Draculaura, Ghouls Rule Draculaura, signature Draculaura and Forbitten love Draculaura. I still want; powder room Draculaura and the roadster Draculaura, but not the roadster or the powder room itself.

Oh, I alo have two Deuces, his signature version and Scaris Deuce and I have two Clawds; Forbitten love and Sweet 1600 Clawd.

There are two other characters I want multiples of but don't yet have them; Cleo and Operetta. I love most od their styles and can't decide which ones are the loveliest, so I decided I'd get all the ones I like, 2.0 Cleo, Picture Day Cleo and Ghouls Rule Cleo. With Operetta I want signature, Picture Day and Dot Dead Gorgeous. They are all so pretty!

I don't rename any of my multiples either, they are all Draculaura to me and Deuce and Clawd.

Kobold

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 03:33:09 PM »
So far I stick to my one doll per character rule, but I have received two dolls for by birthday last year so I curently have sig. Ghoulia and DotD Ghoulia, sig. Frankie and black-and-white SS Frankie.

I guess if I had the room and swam in money I would have a few extras like SS Cleo, ST Clawdeen and DC Howleen, because they look different enough from they usual style.  :blush:

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 04:00:41 PM »
I'm trying to stick to one doll per character. It's wicked hard to do, though! Scary Tales Clawdeen is calling my name. If they release different versions of Skelita and Jinafire, I think my days of abiding by this rule are done for.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 04:18:00 PM »
I don't let myself collect multiples. ^^;

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 04:53:08 PM »
I was going to stick with one doll per character and somehow that... never happened. I have basically every Clawdeen, save Roller Maze (haven't found yet) and Ghouls Alive (pretending it doesn't exist). I have multiple of most of the other characters as well, but usually only a couple. How did this happen!

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 04:58:00 PM »
I have all of the Ghoulias that have been released...and 3 custom Ghoulias....the Ghoulias are all just Ghoulia to me...the customs have their own names...but I love having a huge zombie horde :D
I also have 8 different Frankies... LOL
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:00:59 PM by jupiternwndrlnd »

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 05:05:05 PM »
I have all of the Ghoulias that have been released...and 3 custom Ghoulias....the Ghoulias are all just Ghoulia to me...the customs have their own names...but I love having a huge zombie horde :D
I also have 8 different Frankies... LOL

I absolutely LOVE the one in your profile pic jupi! Green is my favorite color...

Offline creedence

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 05:28:10 PM »
I just buy what I like... well, I WISH I could buy all the ones I like... But even though I'm not a set completer I could never do the one of each thing.  I LOVE Cleo's & Venus dolls & want all of them!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal