collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Life and G4.5  (Read 33308 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony: Pony Life (Announcement)
« Reply #240 on: December 23, 2019, 12:35:28 AM »
I watched a few videos from bronies on YouTube and these are the theories that most are tossing around as to why the video might have been taken down:

1. They think this might be similar to the live action Sonic situation. Maybe there was such a negative reaction to the ad, that Hasbro took it down and is going to re-design the Pony Life characters before the cartoon is released. (I wouldn't hold my breath.)

2. Similarly, maybe the negative reaction to the song made Hasbro take down the video, realizing that it wasn't really appropriate for the MLP brand.

That one seems a little more likely to me, out of the two. If they didn't like the song choice anymore, it wouldn't really be possible to just dub in new music because the ponies in the ad are reacting to specific lines in the song. So just making the video private might have been an easier choice.

In the end, of course, who knows why Hasbro does what they do... We'll probably never know.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 23, 2019, 09:30:09 AM »
I think parents might be the reason why it was taken down.  The song was really, really inappropriate for young kids.  I think it got signed off on by someone who wasn't paying attention.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 23, 2019, 10:05:06 AM »
There is no way in hell (haha) Hasbro is doing a redesign on a filler show (with toys already on shelves!!!) just because the usual subjects threatened death again.
They already told us Pony Life is there to sweeten the waiting time on the new movie that will start G5. Bronies think they have so much power, I really want to know what is going on in their heads. That Sonic thing can't be compared to Pony Life. Bronies are not the target audience and never will be. They are just screaming the loudest on the internet. It's like me complaining that there is no green M6 for years and suddenly they make a single Minty again. I'd be an idiot thinking this was all my doing.

These ponies were designed to appeal to the kids that love Teen Titans Go! and similar. Adult fans complained and are still complaining about TTG! and it only serves as episode fodder at this point. They had a recent special where they let the Go!Titans fight the 2003Titans and it was full of references to the complaining fans and making fun of them.
Pony Life could quite easily go into that direction.

Just like they had that episode in the later FiM seasons where all ponies complained about the Mane Six and every single one was taken straight out of the Brony Complain-y handbook, like that one pony that said Fluttershy was unrealistically shy or the one that said Twilight was better when she wasn't an alicorn XD
I can already see the Pony Life characters cracking jokes about 30something humans being obsessed with them .

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 23, 2019, 11:09:19 AM »
I think parents might be the reason why it was taken down.  The song was really, really inappropriate for young kids.  I think it got signed off on by someone who wasn't paying attention.

I guess we could tell,
Those parents were raising hell.

:lol:

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 24, 2019, 03:13:38 AM »
Sorry I didn't make it through all the thread but.. what the..??!!  (no I wasn't in time to hear the song , but I get the idea :P    )   ok. If you love this then great  - I'm genuinely happy for you :bigups:
We're all different though so personally I see this and I'm like "that's the new design for MLP? :blink:  " :dropjaw:  :faint:  :yikes:  Nope. Sooo much nope :bolt:  Sorry :blush:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #246 on: December 24, 2019, 06:03:38 AM »
Just throwing out that the following writers are on the team:
Josh Brown (RotTMNT)
Katie Chilson (EQG, LPS, Hanazuki)
Dave Horvitz (Rick and Morty)
Greg Levine (Parks and Rec)
Whitney Ralls (EQG)
Taneka Stotts (Craig of the Creek, SU:F)
Doesn't sound like a horrible mix, but horvitz and Levine's inclusion makes it sound more sitcom-y and is a bit shocking at first read.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 24, 2019, 07:00:27 AM »
what in the sweet bloody rainbow of light is that

My Little NO-ny.

Post Merge: December 24, 2019, 07:02:53 AM

Josh Brown (RotTMNT)
Whitney Ralls (EQG)
Doesn't sound like a horrible mix, but horvitz and Levine's inclusion makes it sound more sitcom-y and is a bit shocking at first read.

Not familiar with some of those shows.

They got somebody from Rick and Morty?  I can't stand that show.  :huh:

Hasbro's gone off its rocker.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 07:03:17 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 25, 2019, 05:55:21 AM »
A more sitcom approach could be fun.  Just don't make Twilight a nihilist with an unhealthy possessiveness of Spike.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #249 on: December 25, 2019, 06:37:44 AM »

Post Merge: December 24, 2019, 07:02:53 AM

Josh Brown (RotTMNT)
Whitney Ralls (EQG)

Not familiar with some of those shows.

They got somebody from Rick and Morty?  I can't stand that show.  :huh:

Hasbro's gone off its rocker.
RotTMNT = The animation for that show was a huge turn off for me, never watched it
Rick and Morty = Never watched because it looked stupid to me
Hanazuki = Never heard of
Craig of the Creek = Never heard of but it looks like a Cartoon Network show which explains why I never heard of it
SU:F = Steven Universe never clicked for me
Parks and Rec = Never watched it

Yeah this is a no for me because the animated show listed in that list were not my thing for various reasons... The few LPS episodes I watched was ok but it never clicked for me and I didn't have much of an interest in EQG
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 25, 2019, 10:18:21 AM »
I first commented on this show that I was worried that its style pointed toward a gross-out show. I still don't believe that Hasbro would ever allow a MLP property to be like that, but... Having a Rick & Morty (a show that is very heavy on over-the-top random violence, and is just gross in general) producer on board certainly doesn't help soothe my worries.

|My Collection|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 25, 2019, 11:42:32 AM »
I first commented on this show that I was worried that its style pointed toward a gross-out show. I still don't believe that Hasbro would ever allow a MLP property to be like that, but... Having a Rick & Morty (a show that is very heavy on over-the-top random violence, and is just gross in general) producer on board certainly doesn't help soothe my worries.

Well I never thought Disney would stoop to those levels, but they did. Hasbro's resume has never been all about sugar and light anyway.

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 25, 2019, 04:31:49 PM »

Well I never thought Disney would stoop to those levels, but they did. Hasbro's resume has never been all about sugar and light anyway.

Where did Disney stoop to those levels? I guess I don't keep up.

|My Collection|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 25, 2019, 04:34:07 PM »

Gravity Falls and the one cartoon with the fish had gross moments and GF has a Ren and Stimpy-esque art style.

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 25, 2019, 04:53:57 PM »

Gravity Falls and the one cartoon with the fish had gross moments and GF has a Ren and Stimpy-esque art style.

Oh? Hm... I watched Gravity Falls a couple of years ago and didn't really get that vibe from it at all. I guess to me the biggest thing that bothers me is random over-the-top violence with organs showing and stuff. Rick & Morty is the biggest offender, but even the Seth MacFarlane shows (American Dad, Family Guy, etc.) got pretty bad. I ultimately stopped watching them for other problems with them, but that was certainly one thing that I was just like "Really? Why?"

I was never allowed to watch Ren & Stimpy when I was a kid (and taking even one look at that show didn't make me too sad about that lol). I think the gross out shows that bothered me when I was younger were stuff like Invader Zim, Cow & Chicken, etc.

I just can't see My Little Pony ever being like these shows, even if the artstyle and one producer worries me. Not even Gravity Falls, as that's just a completely different kind of show from MLP.

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal