collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 163015 times)

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #900 on: February 08, 2012, 04:27:24 PM »
omg been out of the loop for too long. We're not even at wave 4 or 5 yet and already there's wave 6 & 7?? Unless its labeled as something else.

The waves they're referring to are the case configurations. So wave 1 was the original four single girls (2x Frankie, 2x Draculaura, 1x Clawdeen 1x Lagoona). wave 2 was the same girls, but with the addition of Ghoulia and Holt. And so on. So the wave 6 box is the one stores are getting now- the one with Operetta and Nefera.

My walmart was wiped clean of all Monster High. They had a sign posted that said that due to unforseen inventory issues, they will not be carrying Cupid, but will offer other 1600 dolls for that price.

Oh my gosh, my Walmart has the same note posted in their empty MH section!  I thought I was alone in this.  I am so frustrated.  I feel like I'll never find Cupid. :<
What is the point of having a Walmart exclusive doll if you can't even find her at Walmart...

I thought the signs were stating that she wasn't available the week of the ad? Not that she would never be carried by the stores, ever. Anyway, I'm assuming what happened is that some stores dropped the ball and put Cupid out back in January, when she was supposed to be held. According to the Facebook page, she was due to start showing up on shelves this month.

It does mention the ad and that she won't be available then, but it also seemed to imply that she is not going to be carried at all at that particular store. :/  Maybe the note just isn't clearly written and I misunderstood.
But I hope you're right and that they do eventually get her.  I don't mind waiting as long as she actually does show up.  These store exclusives have been nightmares for me. :<
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 06:28:49 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: February 08, 2012, 04:56:44 PM »
Well, I went to Wal-mart today...  Nothing.  Not one single MH doll or doll accessory.   Just the same note as tehrin saw.  It is a crying shame to not be able to find these things in stores. 

Do you all think they are justh *that* popular or is it scalpers buying them all up to resell? 

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #902 on: February 08, 2012, 05:00:26 PM »

Do you all think they are justh *that* popular or is it scalpers buying them all up to resell? 

it could possibly be a combination of that.
I know my stepdaughter and her friends love the MH dolls...so the intended age group are into them as well as collectors

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: February 08, 2012, 05:03:59 PM »

I know my stepdaughter and her friends love the MH dolls...so the intended age group are into them as well as collectors

Darn that intended age group!  LOL   I am joking of course.  he he!

Still, the scalpers make me angry.  I just hope they aren't that much of a problem.   It's just scary that so many of the Wal-marts (and other stores) don't have any MH dolls in stock.  :/

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #904 on: February 08, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »
I took an Entrepreneur Class at the college and i was planning on opening up my own business featuring the hottest toys ont he Market and Monster High being one of them. After the class I decided Not to, its too much work.

But NOW I'm considering rethinking the total idea and possibly going to go for it lol
Now with a store front and online store.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 08, 2012, 05:54:59 PM »

I agree. MH is insanely popular with kids as well as adult collectors. And when something's hot, scalpers take advantage.

Also, stores still wont have ordered things in large quantities this close to post-holiday season. People don't buy as much, and a lot of places are doing inventory management. Not to mention, a lot of places do have some dolls. My Target has some 1600 dolls and Lala's car on the shelf, as well as a couple CaM starter sets. They've also gotten a few shipments of the newest signature case. And when I went to TRU last weekend, they had a bunch of dolls, CaM stuff, and the vanity and car.

harvestmgirl

« Reply #906 on: February 08, 2012, 07:21:38 PM »
Hello everyone. I mostly a lurker here on the Dollhouse boards, but I just had to share. Today was pay day so I headed over to Target. Most the stores have been barren of Monster High dolls. Today they had Skull Shores! So I got Abbey. I might go back and get Lagoona and Ghoulia. Abbey is definitely my favorite. I also found the Werewolf/Dragon CAM. I really wish I could find a Draculaura though, she's never around.

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 08, 2012, 07:42:34 PM »
I got lucky and found some MH dolls on the store shelves today! At TRU I found Phys Dead Ghoulia and Mad Science Lagoona! (In the cart they went!) Over at Target I picked up SS Lagoona and SS Abbey for $11.99 each. I already bought these last week at TRU for $16.99 each so those will be going back. The savings is almost the cost of another doll!

Kohl's is having a BOGO half off sale. I picked up a GB Frankie and GB Draculaura (she will be up for trade.. anyone have GB Cleo or Jackson or DT Frankie?).

Rite Aid only had GB Draculaura for $16.99 and her stand looked broken. :(

Walgreens had GB Draculaura and GB Clawdeen for $14.99 each. Clawdeen came home with me. :)

Great night! Now if only I can find some wave 1 and 2 dolls or SS Draculaura!

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 08, 2012, 08:11:06 PM »

I think some stores also get in more shipments or restock faster. In the last month, Walmart has been barren every time I go. But I've picked up some of the new dolls at Target and Toys R Us everytime. On the other hand, Walmart is the cheapest, usually about a dollar cheaper than Target. Toys R Us is sometimes $4-5 more depending on the doll.

If an adult (or child with an allowance saved up) collector really wants a popular doll, they won't mind spending a few dollars extra just to get it. Whereas a parent buying for their younger child will probably go for the cheapest option seeing as the toy will get played with and handed down/given away/lost in a year or less.

I'm also thinking a scalper would want to make as much money as possible, so getting them cheapest would rake in the bigger profit. XD  But granted, when you're selling it 2-3x the cost, those few dollars probably aren't a huge deal.

That's something else to consider. n_n
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:14:17 PM by tehrin »

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 09, 2012, 08:17:13 AM »
Operetta and Nefera are in stock on Mattelshop for $17.99 each at the time of this post:
http://shop.mattel.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12427414
http://shop.mattel.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12427413

Offline crimsondeity

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 09, 2012, 09:15:26 AM »
Looks like European peeps can get Howleen/Clawdeen at Argos. A bunch of members on some other boards I'm on found her today!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/purple_monkfish/6846171289/in/pool-1387915@N20/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46473364@N07/6845856007/in/pool-1387915@N20/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46473364@N07/6846173703/in/pool-1387915@N20/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46473364@N07/6845905315/in/pool-1387915@N20/

Clawdeen has no diary, and what looks like a diary for Howleen is just her bio over and over again in various languages :( I imagine we'll get a diary here in the states though. Also, no stands for either of them, which is weird.

MissSleepless

« Reply #911 on: February 09, 2012, 09:20:10 AM »
Looks like European peeps can get Howleen/Clawdeen at Argos. A bunch of members on some other boards I'm on found her today!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/purple_monkfish/6846171289/in/pool-1387915@N20/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46473364@N07/6845856007/in/pool-1387915@N20/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46473364@N07/6846173703/in/pool-1387915@N20/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46473364@N07/6845905315/in/pool-1387915@N20/

Clawdeen has no diary, and what looks like a diary for Howleen is just her bio over and over again in various languages :( I imagine we'll get a diary here in the states though. Also, no stands for either of them, which is weird.

This is true! Hoping to pick mine up tomorow. Kind of sad about how little is included though, especially as it's kind of expensive and difficult to get hold of (Argos are not the most helpful shop in the world).

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 09, 2012, 09:37:52 AM »
I hope the US releases at least come with stands. The newer stands aren't super well-made, but at least they're there. XD

I love Clawdeen's hair, purple for the win! <3 But her outfit is a little too simple for me. I may put her in her Fashion Pack suit whenever I get her. (I agree with the Flickr poster - one sock? She could at least have two socks. :P)

Offline crimsondeity

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 09, 2012, 09:48:41 AM »
I hope the US releases at least come with stands. The newer stands aren't super well-made, but at least they're there. XD

I love Clawdeen's hair, purple for the win! <3 But her outfit is a little too simple for me. I may put her in her Fashion Pack suit whenever I get her. (I agree with the Flickr poster - one sock? She could at least have two socks. :P)

I don't know. The single sock gives her a JRPG heroine/popstar vibe. I think it works with the style of the line, and with Clawdeen's personal fashion sense.

I'm surprised there's not a single brush or stand in the box. But no fuss for me- I have a box full of brushes and stands, and I never use the stands. But I have a very sturdy shelf that the dolls pose on, with a back. So they're less prone to falling down. I imagine it's an annoyance to people who have a different set-up, or like the look of the stands.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 09, 2012, 10:13:26 AM »
Yay! I've been waiting for Howleen! :) And in europe too!
Not noo keen about Clawdeen though, if anyone want to split a pack just send me a PM! :)
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal