collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 164338 times)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #915 on: February 09, 2012, 10:19:59 AM »

I don't know. The single sock gives her a JRPG heroine/popstar vibe. I think it works with the style of the line, and with Clawdeen's personal fashion sense.

I'm surprised there's not a single brush or stand in the box. But no fuss for me- I have a box full of brushes and stands, and I never use the stands. But I have a very sturdy shelf that the dolls pose on, with a back. So they're less prone to falling down. I imagine it's an annoyance to people who have a different set-up, or like the look of the stands.

That's true! I just prefer a bit more balanced asymmetry myself. Say, one sock, one arm warmer. The pattern and coloring of it isn't doing a lot for me either.

I'm not missing the brush, you really only ever need one of those, haha. I do have extra stands, but some of my girls need them, and I don't know if my particular Howleen and Clawdeen will until I have them.

I wonder if they're aiming for a slightly lower price with this set? Since they left out some fairly standard features. I wouldn't think they'd need to have rushed it out, like Cupid in time for Valentine's Day.

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 09, 2012, 10:48:15 AM »
No stands? No brush? No real diary?!?! I am not too happy about this. I will probably end up getting this set but the lack of accessories is just terrible. Plus, I just don't feel that awesome "monster" vibe from these two. They look like moxie girls with wolf ears.

toralei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #917 on: February 09, 2012, 10:53:56 AM »
At the time of posting this, Operetta and Toralei are both in stock online at
FAO
Toys R Us
Etoys
 :)

miss

« Reply #918 on: February 09, 2012, 11:57:11 AM »
Gah can't believe there are not stands!! I'm going to contact Mattell and say what's is going on with that!! Yes I've ended up with sPare stands, but paying that much you have a level of expectation....

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #919 on: February 09, 2012, 12:39:50 PM »
Yay! I was able to get out today! I present to you a full stock of MH at TRU!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I only picked up another Fearleading pack, though. I lol at your prices, TRU. LOL.

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #920 on: February 09, 2012, 12:44:02 PM »
Gah can't believe there are not stands!! I'm going to contact Mattell and say what's is going on with that!! Yes I've ended up with sPare stands, but paying that much you have a level of expectation....

Pls let us know what Mattel has to say :D

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline Applejax

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 09, 2012, 12:49:05 PM »
Heads up for new dolls on EntertainmentEarth.com
Party Dolls, Spectra, Lagoona, Opperetta!
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTX4528A
They also have a case of Dead Tired dolls to be released in April.
Could we be getting 2nd edition DT?
Would love to have a Abby DT!

Info is bound to chance but here is hoping.
Cant wait to see pix!

Post Merge: February 07, 2012, 07:07:52 PM

OMG we are getting a PLAYSET
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?searchfield=monster+high+dolls&eeshop=&x=0&y=0
Sorry should have added the main link

I'm super excited for the Halloween themed dolls. It says "with a nod to their famous monster heritage" - so I'm thinking Dracula Draculaura, Bride of Frankenstein Frankie - that could be awesome. Also finally PLAYSETS! Ghoulia with a scooter? - That sounds like the pony line - Rainbow Dash with her scooter - not so interesting.
    In a side note, I think we are learning what Cupid's name is. On the out of stock Walmart sign she is listed as C. Amore Cupid. Now we know her middle name so maybe her first could possibly be Cherub. What do you think? See a recent post on  the CUPID - becoming more widely available thread for a pic of this sign (not mine).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 02:59:39 PM by Applejax »

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #922 on: February 09, 2012, 02:03:25 PM »
I'm pretty psyched for this set, but I do hope the US version has stands and a full diary and I think Clawdeen will need redressing. I hope I still have an extra DotD outfit lying around.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 09, 2012, 03:54:14 PM »
Today seemed like a missed opportunity day (Only wanted Abbey, they had loads of everything BUY Abbey). Went to a few stores, each one had LOTS of Toraleis, Operettas and Neferas and a few 2,0 Cleos, like I struck gold at each store was searching for Abbey and no grail in any of the stores.

As for Nefera, every time I went to a store I kept picking her up to see if I really wanted her, each and every time was always no and put her back on the shelves until the last store before heading home. I guess I got used to her face and everything every time I looked so I picked her up and I'm actually kinda glad I did now. lol
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 09, 2012, 03:59:35 PM »
the k-mart next to my work stocked a few 1600 draculara/frankie/clawdeens.  nothing else, though.  was exciting at first to see the black and color striped boxes, followed by an 'oh... '  lol
looking into a re-branding.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 09, 2012, 04:59:16 PM »
Today seemed like a missed opportunity day (Only wanted Abbey, they had loads of everything BUY Abbey). Went to a few stores, each one had LOTS of Toraleis, Operettas and Neferas and a few 2,0 Cleos, like I struck gold at each store was searching for Abbey and no grail in any of the stores.

As for Nefera, every time I went to a store I kept picking her up to see if I really wanted her, each and every time was always no and put her back on the shelves until the last store before heading home. I guess I got used to her face and everything every time I looked so I picked her up and I'm actually kinda glad I did now. lol

Not that it hurts to hunt for Abbey (you never know when a store will find stuff hidden in the warehouse, or put a return on the shelf) but the current case wave doesn't include her. According to the FB page, she'll be available again in May. If you look at that Entertainment Earth link back a page or two, she's listed in the wave 7 case.

Offline MsTwilight

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 09, 2012, 06:32:22 PM »
My bf came home with Home Ick Frankie today! I am in love with this doll! Her scissor earrings are just too cute!

I checked Big Lots on the way home... they only had the basic Frankie & Draculaura and Frankie's bed. I'll pick up the bed when I have the perfect house to customize. I'd like to do a room for each DT doll.

I hope to check out a few stores a couple towns up tomorrow. I hope I can come across DT Frankie!

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #927 on: February 09, 2012, 07:07:33 PM »
GAH - have Operetta & Nefera coming and a HUGE thanks to crimsondeity!!!!!

And I am FINALLY happy with my CAM vampire!

Meet Draculina, Lala's older sister!

Liv wig, the dress from the were/vamp CAM set under the skirt from a Moxie girlz outfit, boots from the sea/dragon CAM.

Offline MsTwilight

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 09, 2012, 07:15:42 PM »
^Love it!!!

AllIsLove

« Reply #929 on: February 09, 2012, 07:48:15 PM »
She's darling, Kala! (Now for a 'dumb' question - did you make up Lala's sister, or does she actually have one? I can't remember! :blush:)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal