collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Regarding Accusations About My Saran Hair  (Read 3448 times)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Accusations About My Saran Hair
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2012, 05:44:16 PM »
lol it's [ you ] , we had to throw it in.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2012, 05:47:25 PM »
I will not be responsible for people hacking up colored balls of hair hehe

OMG I COULD SELL THOSE ON ETSY
FEATURED SELLER

193747833 USERS ADDED THIS TO THEIR TREASURIES

Offline Dollyhair

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dollyhair.com
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2012, 05:50:14 PM »
It was brought up that it should be tested in a lab, which, I have contacted a professional lab that tests all types of synthetics. It costs $150.00 per color to test, I will gladly send them all in, if the person accusing would like to pay for it.

BUT, as I said in the past, a good friend of mine owns a company that manufactures the hair swatches for L'Oreal, Clairol, etc. He taught me quite a lot about different synthetics, and he has a machine that can analyze a polymer's chemical makeup. So, my offer still stands: Shannon is welcome to send to me samples of Retrodolls' hair, and she can mark them in whatever way that she chooses so that it is absolutely impossible for me to be accused of substituting her hair with some other kind of hair. Maybe she wants to paint the ends of the swatches with a special type/color of paint, maybe she wants to put a special sticker around the swatches... whatever. In fact, I'll even allow Shannon to receive the results AND the hair swatches DIRECTLY back from my friend. That way, she'll know what he received from me. So:

1) Shannon sends me samples of all of her hair
2) I send the samples to my friend
3) He analyzes the hair and sends his reports to BOTH me and Shannon, and he also sends Shannon's original hair samples back to her.

That's my offer. If my friend's company is good enough for L'Oreal, then I think that it will be more than sufficient in this situation.

Tina
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

[email protected]

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2012, 05:54:10 PM »
I will not be responsible for people hacking up colored balls of hair hehe

OMG I COULD SELL THOSE ON ETSY
*lines up to buy it* O3O

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline Dollyhair

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dollyhair.com
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2012, 05:57:34 PM »
The accusations were made in two different threads- the first was that my nylon was not nylon but in fact polypropylene and that I was lying to everyone, the second was that now my saran thermal is not saran but also polypropylene and that again I'm lying to everyone.

I wish that Shannon would be truthful in this thread. I never accused her of being a liar. On the contrary, I expressed compassion toward her because I believed that she had been lied to by her supplier. Do I really need to find the thread and show it to everyone, or can we all just tell the truth?

Post Merge: September 10, 2012, 05:58:43 PM

That's bad form on their part.  They should have come to you with questions first. >:  I'm sorry that's happening to you. /hugs

Yeah, it would be bad form if it were TRUE.

[email protected]

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2012, 05:59:07 PM »
It was brought up that it should be tested in a lab, which, I have contacted a professional lab that tests all types of synthetics. It costs $150.00 per color to test, I will gladly send them all in, if the person accusing would like to pay for it.

BUT, as I said in the past, a good friend of mine owns a company that manufactures the hair swatches for L'Oreal, Clairol, etc. He taught me quite a lot about different synthetics, and he has a machine that can analyze a polymer's chemical makeup. So, my offer still stands: Shannon is welcome to send to me samples of Retrodolls' hair, and she can mark them in whatever way that she chooses so that it is absolutely impossible for me to be accused of substituting her hair with some other kind of hair. Maybe she wants to paint the ends of the swatches with a special type/color of paint, maybe she wants to put a special sticker around the swatches... whatever. In fact, I'll even allow Shannon to receive the results AND the hair swatches DIRECTLY back from my friend. That way, she'll know what he received from me. So:

1) Shannon sends me samples of all of her hair
2) I send the samples to my friend
3) He analyzes the hair and sends his reports to BOTH me and Shannon, and he also sends Shannon's original hair samples back to her.

That's my offer. If my friend's company is good enough for L'Oreal, then I think that it will be more than sufficient in this situation.

Tina

is ok if Shannon do that, but she haven´t the need to prove anything
As far the hair is ok to make a pony custom and works as used to be , as a  client i haven´t problems. And  honestly  i don´t care wich LÓloreal believes

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2012, 06:01:30 PM »
no custom is complete without a little [you] spit, right?

Ahaha, these things that say the name of the user creeps me out SO MUCH. I always start and go "WHY ARE YOU SAYING MY NAME!"

Though...I do lick my hair when rehairing a bit too. Only when I forgot to get a bowl of water.

You know, I understand the problem behind not being totally sure of the plastics composition of your hair when it comes to marketing, but count me in the boat of people who just care that I can do stuff with it.

I will be honest, I've considered changing over to your services, and I think the way you are handling customer service and claims is rather professional, and I think you've won a customer in me. (Well in the future, when I need more hair, for now I'll use the stuff I already have).

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2012, 06:02:35 PM »
ok. I am not having the "hair wars"
we have had enough of this. dollyhair and retrodolls will please BOTH stop posting about their products on the Arena.

Locking this thread.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal