collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Regarding Accusations About My Saran Hair  (Read 3484 times)

Offline enchantress41580

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
Regarding Accusations About My Saran Hair
« on: September 10, 2012, 02:40:46 PM »
It saddens me to have to make a post such as this, but it appears that there are some concerns raised as to the quality of my hair. I have asked a mod if I can address this situation. Awhile ago there was a post made about my nylon hair not being nylon but in fact polypropylene. After a few tests, a few came back as polypropylene and thus were changed to the correct label. I am still conducting my own tests through trusted members in the community. It was brought up that it should be tested in a lab, which, I have contacted a professional lab that tests all types of synthetics. It costs $150.00 per color to test, I will gladly send them all in, if the person accusing would like to pay for it. Now, the issue at hand is now my saran thermal hair. While it is true that we DO carry polypropylene thermal (just got in this week- 9 new colors), we also have saran thermal. I have done a burn test myself and it melted, the exact same way as blizzard from another competitor did, only it pulled up and away from the flame using a bic lighter. As saran will do. If you would like to look at this chart from a credited university on the burning properties of different types of plastics/nylon/synthetics/etc, this will show you how they should burn and what the results will be. Ironically, if you notice on the very bottom of the chart it says that the ONLY hair that will char/turn to ash is aramid, novoloid, and vinyon. True nylon will not char and turn to ash. True saran will not either. Both will melt.

http://missourifamilies.org/features/materialarticles/feature7.htm

According to this chart, saran should melt, which mine does. There are several types of nylon fibres
Nylon 6 is trademarked by Perlon and to get around it other companies created nylon 6,6 and nylon 6,10 - all with slightly different characteristics - traditional nylon 6 does take dye and also fades easily - leads me to believe that this is traditional pony hair
Nylon 6,6 - does take dye but not as well as nylon 6 and has more of a crystalline structure - more prone to breakage.

Also, you will get different effects depending on what you are burning the hair with, for example a candle flame is typically 2,600 farenheit whereas a lighter (bic) flame is 1400 farenheit (that is on the orange part of the flame.) Nylon typically melts at around 500 degrees farenheit - 492.8 to be exact. saran melts at 320 degrees farenheit. I believe polypropylene is around 350 farenheit

A good test would actually be to bake it in the oven. (For your safety I would NOT recommend this in a home oven)

I will gladly send samples of my hair for people to try, my first and top priority is my customers and will always be my customers. I am truly saddened to even have to address these claims but I assure everyone that I am looking into all of this to get it sorted and labeled correctly. I have no interest in public fighting matches, if anyone has any troubles with my products, please contact me and I will respond to you quickly to make sure your needs are met and that you are happy. Thank-you for the wonderful support that has been given me thus far, I'm really enjoying meeting everyone and seeing the wonderful creations you come up with.
Thank-you
Sincerely,
Shannon
owner of Retro Dolls US
www.retrodollsus.com

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 04:48:21 PM by enchantress41580 »

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Accusations About My Saran Hair
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 02:43:14 PM »
I love your hair!

I just used some of it this afternoon and it is great. (Jonquil is close to Lemonade color)

I hope the accusations stop!

Offline enchantress41580

• View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 02:44:17 PM »
I love your hair!

I just used some of it this afternoon and it is great. (Jonquil is close to Lemonade color)

I hope the accusations stop!

Thank-you kittybethy!! I can't wait to see what you've done!! :)

Offline Syrcaid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Here I go drawin' ponies again!
    • View Profile
    • Syr's Linktr.ee
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 02:44:51 PM »
Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly are the accusations?  That it doesn't behave the way it's supposed to?

Offline enchantress41580

• View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 02:48:14 PM »
The accusations were made in two different threads- the first was that my nylon was not nylon but in fact polypropylene and that I was lying to everyone, the second was that now my saran thermal is not saran but also polypropylene and that again I'm lying to everyone.

Offline Syrcaid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Here I go drawin' ponies again!
    • View Profile
    • Syr's Linktr.ee
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 02:55:37 PM »
That's bad form on their part.  They should have come to you with questions first. >:  I'm sorry that's happening to you. /hugs

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 02:57:28 PM »
Thank you for sending me the samples of hair Enchantress! The colors are stunning, and I rooted the few plug samples in a fakie and plan on trying to curl it as soon as I have the time to do so.

I still don't know much about saran hair, I've never seen any of it or used it myself, curious about it though. I can't remember which hair curls and which doesn't and what ones need different treatment... does saran curl well? does it need the same or different method from nylon if it does curl? and what does saran feel like compared to nylon?

so many questions @_@

super curious about the thermal hair too, I might have to get some for the sea pony I'm going to customize as soon as I can decide on a design
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline mermaid_splash

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+167)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 03:01:17 PM »
I love my thermal tinsel hair.  LOVE IT.  Working on a project and will share later.

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 03:02:07 PM »
i don´t received my hair yet, but i will be sure to let you know when arrives
having your customers happy is a very clever sales strategy , the customer support is the best!!!
i really appreciate your honesty and the way you defend your products, surely will more dealings with you in the future ;)
in terms of publicity, a good reference causes a new purchase, a bad reference creates 10 people hesitate to buy from you. So you are in the good road :)

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 03:02:22 PM »
Your saran feels like saran to me... I don't know anything about chemical make-ups or whatnot, but it acts/feels/smells/tastes (lol) just like all the other saran I've ever used.
And iz gorgeousness!!

Offline JoshsPonyPrincess

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 03:06:54 PM »
I have used your saran many times and it behaves and feels like real saran. I did a burn test too and it acted exactly like it should have. I am extremely happy with your products and service and the fact that you care what we (the customers) want. :)

Offline enchantress41580

• View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 03:09:28 PM »
Thank you for sending me the samples of hair Enchantress! The colors are stunning, and I rooted the few plug samples in a fakie and plan on trying to curl it as soon as I have the time to do so.

I still don't know much about saran hair, I've never seen any of it or used it myself, curious about it though. I can't remember which hair curls and which doesn't and what ones need different treatment... does saran curl well? does it need the same or different method from nylon if it does curl? and what does saran feel like compared to nylon?

so many questions @_@

super curious about the thermal hair too, I might have to get some for the sea pony I'm going to customize as soon as I can decide on a design

I'm glad you like your samples!! I can send you some of saran and kanekalon as well as some thermal to try too if you want. Saran will curl in a boil perm- however it doesn't curl as easily as nylon. Saran is what is used in barbies, it's very silky/waxy and heavier than nylon.

I love my thermal tinsel hair.  LOVE IT.  Working on a project and will share later.
oooh I can't wait to see! I LOVE tinsel and thermal, it's so much fun to play with!! Feel free to let me know when you are done- we have a customer showcase on facebook and our website that I'd be happy to show off your work (and I can include any website/DA site you have for people to go see more of your work).

i don´t received my hair yet, but i will be sure to let you know when arrives
having your customers happy is a very clever sales strategy , the customer support is the best!!!
i really appreciate your honesty and the way you defend your products, surely will more dealings with you in the future ;)
in terms of publicity, a good reference causes a new purchase, a bad reference creates 10 people hesitate to buy from you. So you are in the good road :)
Hey hun, Melanie sent the pre-orders out this past week so I'm hoping they should arrive sometime this week or early next and then I will be shipping directly to you, I will let you know when it comes in :)

Your saran feels like saran to me... I don't know anything about chemical make-ups or whatnot, but it acts/feels/smells/tastes (lol) just like all the other saran I've ever used.
And iz gorgeousness!!
LOL, are you nomming on my hair? Silly Kala...

I have used your saran many times and it behaves and feels like real saran. I did a burn test too and it acted exactly like it should have. I am extremely happy with your products and service and the fact that you care what we (the customers) want. :)
Thank-you JPP!! I am trying my best to get a diverse selection of hair types and colors for everyone!

I also wanted to let everyone know that there has been some glitches with my website, but I am working on building a new one from scratch that is easier to navigate and works much better. I hope to have it done by the end of the week and then will have the url redirected there.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 03:10:38 PM »
Just ordered the saran from you, can't wait to try it :)

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 03:14:33 PM »

so many questions @_@

I'm glad you like your samples!! I can send you some of saran and kanekalon as well as some thermal to try too if you want. Saran will curl in a boil perm- however it doesn't curl as easily as nylon. Saran is what is used in barbies, it's very silky/waxy and heavier than nylon.
That would be awesome! I would totally love to try it out and compare them! if you don't mind sending the samples could you label them with what kind of hair they are? The last samples I got were a little confusing I couldn't find a couple of the colors on your site either, I think it was Iris and one other one, but I'm thinking you sent me all synthetic and a couple polypropelene hairs, and me of course being silly I went and threw out the little name card things, but I know I loved that screaming red and blue, rebel and delta :3

kept meaning to pm you and ask you but then every time I went to sit down and do that I got busy >_< *headdesks*

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 03:16:45 PM »
\but it acts/feels/smells/tastes (lol)

Don't eat hair Kala! Haven't you seen all those TV shows about the bad things that happen when you eat hair???

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal