collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A cool flea-market find  (Read 2195 times)

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
A cool flea-market find
« on: May 05, 2012, 06:07:50 AM »
So, couple of hours ago I went to a flea-market with my younger sister, in search of ponies (how else). At first when we came, I was really disappointed because the whole place was near empty, with only a few sellers here and there. But, nevertheless, I decided to give it a try, we searched thoroughly almost every single toy basket we could find without any luck.

Then we came across a sellers who just opened one of the storages with his stuff (in the place we went to you can either put out your own stand or rent a garage-like storage to store the stuff you have to sell), and there was a huge baby crib full of toys.

The thought of digging through all these toys seemed like quite a challenge, but I decided to give it a try. The search was really difficult because there were just sooo many toys... the owner even joked at how eager I was to dig through all of them. After I found, like, two fakies I started to think about giving up the search and go elsewhere... and I'm glad I didn't because as I stood up and looked at the pile of toys I saw this Italian beauty:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Italian Blue Belle! :D :D She's a little dirty, the symbol on her left flank is scratched, and her left eye is a bit smudged (probably due to poor paint application). Nevertheless she's in a very good condition. Her hair is nice (only a bit messy) and she doesn't even have any sign of rust or cancer on her.

I nearly squealed with joy when I first saw her. I just couldn't believe my eyes! Without further thinking I took her out and then gave her to my sister to hold her for me, as I searched some more. After a while I decided to give up on searching and paid for my precious find.

Overall I'm happy as hell - especially that, calculating it from Polish zloty, I roughly paid, like, 50 cents for her. 50 cents!! Now that's what you call a bargain! :D :D

I'll try going back there next week and see what else I can find - maybe I'll be just as lucky as I was today.

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A cool flea-market find
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 08:42:55 AM »
Sweet! That's such an awesome find, congrats! ^-^

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 11:06:04 AM »
Great !  :cheer:

RedheadedBeauty

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 01:19:55 PM »
Wow! Huge congrats!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 02:49:04 PM »
Aww, she was definitly worth hunting through all of the other toys for.  Congrats :D

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 02:55:40 PM »
That's a great price for such a pretty pony!  But don't forget to take off her bridle - it can cause pink discoloration spots to appear, and you'll have to sunfade them off.   :D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 09:02:57 PM »
Congrats on your find!  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Moonracer

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 01:42:51 AM »
Thanks a lot girls! :3 :3

@lovesbabysquirmy: I already took the bridle off - I just left it on her for the purpose of those photos I put up here, just to show what she looked like when I found her. I figured she'd look much nicer without it so I took it off anyway. But thanks for the tip! I didn't know that such little think could cause discoloration... I'm learning so much from this forum! :3

Also, there's thing that's been on my mind - after cleaning Blue Belle and fixing her hair I placed her on a shelf next to another "collector's pose" pony that I have, Peachy (I also have Lemondrop, but she's currently undergoing the sun fading process). However when I did that I was surprised to find out how small Blue Belle is in comparison to her!

Well... maybe not that small, but you can see the obvious size difference between them.

So, I wanted to ask - is this size difference a normal thing, or did I just happen to stumble upon a miniature Blue Belle?

Or is my Peachy just a mutated giant? XD

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 03:03:30 AM »
Hmm, she should be the same size as Peachy... unless she is a flat foot?  Going by the pic you posted, it does not look like she is though.  *is puzzled*

Moonracer

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 04:40:42 AM »
Nope... her feet are concave, except for the front right hoof that has the name of the country the figure was produced in - that one is only slightly concave.

Here are some comparison photos I took a moment ago:

I'm not sure if you can see it, but Peachy appears to be slightly taller than Blue Belle

Here's another photo comparison. You can also see that compared to Blue Belle, Peachy has a bit of a belly and her feet are further apart than Blue Belle's.

And one last shot:

Here's the photo of Peachy and Blue Belle's feet. In case you can't figure them out, Peachy's feet have: 1982 HASBRO (left front foot), PAT. PENDING (right front foot), Made in (left hind foot), Hong Kong (right hind foot).

I'm not certain if this will help in solving the mystery, but I'll decided to post it just in case.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 05:42:55 AM »
Ah, so she's a dwarf Italian pony!  Such a cool find!  Some of the Italian CP ponies were made a little shorter than the original counterparts.  Not a bad find at all for $.50!

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,287405.msg73367.html#msg73367

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

ThatFameMonster

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 07:16:49 AM »
Congrats! I should probably go looking for flea markets near where I live to pick up ponies like that! Great deal!

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 07:35:37 AM »
Congrats!  :cheer: She looks really pretty all cleand up :3

Moonracer

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 10:58:28 AM »
Ah, so she's a dwarf Italian pony!  Such a cool find!  Some of the Italian CP ponies were made a little shorter than the original counterparts.  Not a bad find at all for $.50!

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,287405.msg73367.html#msg73367

Oh wow... a dwarf Italian pony? That's awesome! I had no idea there were Italian ponies that were smaller than their counterparts (I knew there were some color variants, but nothing else besides that... I'm still learning about all the Nirvana types that are out there). I've learned so much today! :) :)

Also, come to think of it, this little trait only adds to Blue Belles cuteness.  :lovey:

@ThatFameMonster - you definitely should do that. You never know what you might stumble upon - who knows? With a bit of luck, you might find some cute G1 ponies. :)

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 11:08:06 AM »
Woot!  That is so freaking AWESOME!  Congratulations!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal