collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which is your least favourite generation?

G1
G2
G3
G4

Author Topic: Which is your least favourite generation?  (Read 3988 times)

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your least favourite generation?
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2014, 02:38:17 PM »
If I have to choose I would say G2, they are cute but for me too far away for the G1 spirit.
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2014, 02:57:06 PM »
I didn't vote because G3.5 wasn't an option.  I love G3, but hate G3.5.  Can't stand those molds.

I would also vote for Newborn Cuties if they counted as their own thing. 
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2014, 03:18:37 PM »
I love all gens, but the lack of diversity in gen 4 is killing it for me.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2014, 03:46:38 PM »
I can't fault G4 yet for lack of diversity in poses, characters, and species- because they are still in production! There's still time to redeem themselves! It's not too late! We gotta get a petition together or something. FiM responds to the fandom, why should the toyline be different?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2014, 03:47:24 PM »
It's not that I dislike any of the generations... It's just that I've not totally found G4's appealing...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

GlitterHoof

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2014, 04:14:16 PM »
Can I just say that I feel guilty for even picking one?  :blush: It was G2...I just don't have any G2's atm so it seemed like the only option even though I think they are super adorable.

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2014, 04:17:43 PM »
I dislike G4. I currently have G1 and G3 in my small collection. At one time (before there was a G3), I had a handful of G2. I've never had any interest in G4 because they don't look much like actual ponies.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2014, 04:41:53 PM »
G4, because of what it did to the community.
I wish we could go back to the days where pony collecting was an obscure little hobby off in a rarely travelled corner of the internet.

I realize this was a poll for ponies, but to me the visceral reaction to G4 is intertwined, part and parcel, and why I don't collect them. That and they look like ugly deer doesn't help either.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 04:43:59 PM by Baby Sugarberry »
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2014, 07:46:38 PM »
I can't really talk about the toys, since I only have G4, don't really want much of anything from other gens, so I'll just go with the tie-in cartoons, in which case it's G3/3.5, for me, definitely.

I don't hate it (apart from Newborn Cuties), but it's just cutesy fluff with next to no substance. However, there are some bits that are absolutely hilarious, like RD acting like G4 Rarity and saying "Daahling" all the time.  It is also excellent to riff on with friends.

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2014, 08:08:12 PM »
G3 is my least favorite with this poll ;) , but they have some cute ponies.
G3.5 i dont like at all.
G4 i dont collect.

G1 & G2 i love. :D

Thank you :heart:

Offline Magdalen

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2014, 08:18:37 PM »
and it's made being a long-time collector awkward for me when people assume that I'm only into ponies because they're currently trendy.

Ugh yeah this!  The look and reaction a friend gave me when I told him about my ponies.  Hahah  I don't think he realized I've been collecting ponies before bronies (ugh hate that word).  Outside of the pony collecting world I guess the bronies get kind of a negative reaction.

G4, because of what it did to the community.
I wish we could go back to the days where pony collecting was an obscure little hobby off in a rarely travelled corner of the internet.

I realize this was a poll for ponies, but to me the visceral reaction to G4 is intertwined, part and parcel, and why I don't collect them. That and they look like ugly deer doesn't help either.
This is also part of my problem with G4.  The FiM fandom is so negative towards any other generation, they are kind of ruining G4 for me.  Seriously acting like FiM and Lauran Faust is god/best thing ever.  It's a kids' show that is ok, and that's about it.

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2014, 08:59:16 PM »
PRobably G2.. not cus i dislike them persay... mostly cus i never saw them here in the states and in UK they were STUPID expensive even as a kid.. besides by then i was already in my anti pony phase and didnt get into it..
G3 got me back into it for a while.. i had a few on my desk at a job i worked at..
I know im gonna get rapped in the mouth for this probably but I think i like G1 and G4 best.
my only real beef with G4 is .. the dificulty in FINDING THEM... I love the mane six.. i do.. but all of the others are SOO bloody hard to find.. I had to go through contortions for my minty and DONT even get me going about my rainbow flash.. NO ONE TOUCHES those two around here.. they know better I have most of the ones that have been released its just one or two that i cant get!!
GRR..skywishes! WHY!!
ugh
G1 is purely nostalgia loved them always have always will!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2014, 11:08:16 PM »
I saw this thread and thought 'oh, that's easy, G3.5'.  But then I came here and saw it wasn't an option!  :P

I had to go with G4.  There are some G4s that I really like, but overall they are my least favourite of the gens.  I would once have said G2s but the avid G2 collectors out there have posted so many great pics in Brags that I've been won over :)

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2014, 12:47:34 AM »
It's G1 for me... I had a couple as a child, but.... They just look weird to me! They have enormous bottoms, stumpy necks, and the poses with the front legs on the ground unnerve me... it looks like they have no knees in their front legs. I know this community is pretty much based around G1, but I just can't bring myself to like them. Everyone says that G4 don't look like ponies... well, to me, neither do G1... They have this weird look of trying to look like a pony, and yet trying to be their own thing... and it makes it all creepy to me. G4 looks so different and unique to itself that I find it appealing; they're really their own thing with a unique look. I like that. Sorry to the many, many G1 fans, but that's really how I feel....
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline PixiePony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2014, 02:03:06 AM »
I clicked G2. I haven't ever really been into G2s, I grew up with G1s, and then started collecting when G3 was out.
A few months ago I would have clicked G4 straight away, but they have been growing on me since buying a few ponies.
I'm sure that'd be the same after I purchase a G2 *goes and researches G2*
But yeah I can honestly say I like all Gens but G1 and G3 are my fave!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal