collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

thoughts on the SDCC exclusive?

want the pony & spike
want the doll
want both
don't want either
*shakes fist @ hasbro!*

Author Topic: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVES ON HASBRO TOYSHOP  (Read 44413 times)

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC exclusive
« Reply #345 on: June 25, 2014, 12:16:55 AM »
And then some said Big Mac or Octavia even though Funko already made them.

I guess I didn't realize Funko held the right to those characters by having made them already so that Hasbro couldn't make them ever.  /sarcasm

I love you. :heart:

But seriously Aquatic Neon, just because Funko made those characters already doesn't mean Hasbro suddenly lost all rights to make their own version. You need to let up on your obsession with them.
Where did I say they lost the rights to them? All I said was Funko made them already so wouldn't it make more sense for them to make someone totally new. If they made a character right after or before Funko like the Dj situation it would be not smart. Sorry but who are you to say I need to let up my obsession with them? So here's what I have to say why don't you quit telling people what they can and can't do.

You are basically implying that Hasbro should just not make any more MLP related toys because Funko may or may not be planning to use that character, which is ridiculous. The DJ pony of last year was unpopular for MANY other reasons than because Funko was planning on making one, her biggest issue being that she did not have brushable hair. Maybe the biggest issue for last year for you was because Funko was planning on making one so Hasbro should have done something else, but don't go around acting like that is the only reason it was a flop. Funko is a good company, but they are certainly not the gods you make them out to be.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 25, 2014, 12:23:16 AM »

I guess I didn't realize Funko held the right to those characters by having made them already so that Hasbro couldn't make them ever.  /sarcasm

But seriously Aquatic Neon, just because Funko made those characters already doesn't mean Hasbro suddenly lost all rights to make their own version. You need to let up on your obsession with them.
Where did I say they lost the rights to them? All I said was Funko made them already so wouldn't it make more sense for them to make someone totally new. If they made a character right after or before Funko like the Dj situation it would be not smart. Sorry but who are you to say I need to let up my obsession with them? So here's what I have to say why don't you quit telling people what they can and can't do.

You are basically implying that Hasbro should just not make any more MLP related toys because Funko may or may not be planning to use that character, which is ridiculous. The DJ pony of last year was unpopular for MANY other reasons than because Funko was planning on making one, her biggest issue being that she did not have brushable hair. Maybe the biggest issue for last year for you was because Funko was planning on making one so Hasbro should have done something else, but don't go around acting like that is the only reason it was a flop. Funko is a good company, but they are certainly not the gods you make them out to be.

:like:

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #347 on: June 25, 2014, 01:01:35 AM »

That's getting a little harsh there. I agree with Neon that one of the reasons DJ failed to sell well was because Funko had already announced they were making her. I would have bought her otherwise, but didn't see the logic in paying over the top prices for what Funko were basically doing but with glitter on.

And Neon never said that Hasbro couldn't make the characters Funko has. He was simply implying that it'd make more sense from a company point of view to make characters that another company hasn't done already and already done well. This is an exclusive so should be something amazing. In 2012 no one though tthat the pony they did would ever get a toy version so people were excited. But when DJ came out, not only was a brushable of her already out, but Funko had announced they were also doing a version of her, both factors probably had an impact on her sales. That and the sheer garishness of her.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #348 on: June 25, 2014, 01:39:50 AM »
^ Out of curiosity what does PFT stand for?

Also, off topic, I find the red-headed step child phrase interesting both because it isn't a commonly used phrase in these parts and also because all of my siblings including myself and the three steps are red headed.
Unfortunately that phrase has a very negative and a bit of a derogatory background. I'm a red head myself but even though I looked up a little on the history, several people where happy to enlighten me on the history of that phrase. It's just not something I really like to see now that I really know the meaning of it (which I would hope some people will eventually figure out the history behind the phrase)

as for PFT, yeah I meant pfft but my happy typing hands decided to shorten it and caps it xD

diidnt mean it  in a bad way. just meant it as. they dont   really  seem to   care aobut it.    proably  should ahve said   black sheep or something. didint  mena to offend anyone.

Saying black sheep might have offended someone too. Because black sheep have feelings too, you know?! /sarcasm

sorry..i'll jsut shut up now *hides*
I know you really didn't mean anything by it, I think after years of use people forget the origins of some phrases especially the more negative ones.

Anyway, on a more positive note... It's 3:49am here and my brain is suddenly wishing the exclusive would be G1 animal friends. Sadly I know that will never happen :(
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 25, 2014, 01:49:21 AM »
@_@ ehhhh this thread is becoming a tad volatile, maybe everyone needs to tone it down a bit. We should just stay on topic with the one coming out and not argue so much about reasons......

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 25, 2014, 01:56:35 AM »
Just saw on Facebook that they are going to announce who it is "soon" :D

I wonder how soon "soon" is!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 25, 2014, 02:03:16 AM »
Please not another of those `Brony` favourites like Dj-Pon3 or Dr. Whooves. They are so overrated and stupid. *shiffers* I hope we will get an Art Pony like G3.

Offline gemini_pony

• Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 25, 2014, 02:23:20 AM »
Please not another of those `Brony` favourites like Dj-Pon3 or Dr. Whooves. They are so overrated and stupid. *shiffers* I hope we will get an Art Pony like G3.

It's kind of rude to say they are stupid and overated :/ , I for one like those characters.

Anyway to keep on topic I would love to see an art pony on a g4 fashion size.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 25, 2014, 02:35:33 AM »

It's kind of rude to say they are stupid and overated :/ , I for one like those characters.

I like some of those characters too but they have been getting more than enough merch already. I rather would like to see a new or not very often used character.  Something that would actually be "exclusive" and a bit more creative.

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 25, 2014, 02:36:02 AM »

Just gonna say what I mean with this. I mean that Hasbro and focusses just too much on these characters when they almost have "no personality" I mean both never spoke in the series and I jsut find the idea of Dr. Whooved not nice. I mean, I don't like Dr. who and if you never watched the series you don't know anything about them. I also find his design boring but that as personal opinion. Perhaps Dj-Pon3 will turn out different when we see her in the Rainbow Rocks movie.  I just feel like they take the place of Ponies that deserve more love. For example, the CMC who never have gotten any Blind Bags (except Apple Bloom) But what about Applejack who was left out and replaced with Dj-Pon3? I just feel like Hasbro is going more the side of the Bronies but thats another discussion.

But perhaps we will be getting Maud Pie or Coco Pommel. But I just hope something Unique.

Offline gemini_pony

• Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 25, 2014, 02:42:14 AM »
I just see no reason for you to post that you think they are stupid an overrated, it has nothing to do with this topic and it still is rude. Even my husband said it comes of as sounding snarky...

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #356 on: June 25, 2014, 03:04:26 AM »
I too like the 'fane favorites'! They are kind of like the alternate mane 6!! Now I would be mad though if we got another DJ though! xD

Offline daisyd

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Daisy's Crazy Crafts
« Reply #357 on: June 25, 2014, 03:06:51 AM »

I'm quite the fan of G3 art ponies, but I don't reckon it'd be one of those this time. G4 is current and popular (not so much with me, mind, but then I have to accept that I'm no longer in Hasbro's main target group, haha), and it'd make more sense for the fair pony to be something that will be popular with the majority.

Personally though, I'd be happy with an art pony, they were so varied and pretty.
Thank you *wyvernchick* for my lovely avvie!

Offline gemini_pony

• Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 25, 2014, 03:10:17 AM »
I still think a G4 art pony would be cute!!! I only own the graffiti one which I picked up in a junk toy box for 25 cents (and she is pretty much mint).

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 25, 2014, 03:11:07 AM »
Wow, still not announced? I'm kinda shocked

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal