collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Favorite celebrity encounters?  (Read 2867 times)

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Favorite celebrity encounters?
« on: April 25, 2013, 11:21:19 PM »
Calgary Expo starts tomorrow and I'm gonna meet Weird Al and Walter Koenig! :frolic: I got my badge and wristband today and I'm soooo excited! It's making me think about all the other awesome celebrities that I've been lucky enough to meet. Adam West, Ray Park, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, the entire bridge crew of Star Trek TNG plus Denise Crosby and Will Wheaton, Tara Strong, Andrea Libman, John deLancie...yeah, I have a nice collection of autographs. :biggrin:

Out of all the celebrities I've met, my favorite has to be Maurice LaMarche. (Patrick Stewart was a close second...the man is warm and friendly and just radiates charm. :lovey:) I met him at Calgary Expo 2 years ago. Somehow I missed his name in the program, so I didn't know he was going to be there. I think I actually squeed and did a happy dance when I saw the autograph table. ^.^ He wasn't scheduled to be there until the next day, which was perfect because I had time to run home and get something that I wanted autographed.

Even waiting in line to see him was entertaining! He was between Jess Harnell (voice of Wacko Warner) and Rob Paulsen (voice of Pinky, of Pinkie and the Brain), and all three of them were having a blast with the crowd. Their autographs were free and they were more than happy to pose for pictures. A great time was had by all. Maurice had by far the longest line, and most of the people were having Futurama merch signed. Since he does a staggering number of voices (I'm STILL finding voices that he's done that I didn't know about), people would tell him who their favorite is and he would speak to them in that voice! I spent a good hour in line listening to Calculon, Morbo the news anchor, and Lrrr the king of Omicron Persei 8. *sigh* Nerd heaven!

Finally it was my turn. I told him that I loved all of the voices he does, but I would always think of him as Egon Spengler. He smiled like nobody had brought that up yet, and he spoke to me in Egon's voice. The Real Ghostbusters was my childhood obsession, and I still have a major passion for it. Suddenly I was hearing one of my childhood heroes actually speak to me. I was so happy I almost cried. To this day, that autographed Ghostbusters firehouse dvd case is one of my most prized possessions.

Have any of you had a memorable encounter with a celebrity? I wanna hear your stories!
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite celebrity encounters?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:38:39 AM »
george tekei was realy nice and craig parker (haldir in lotr)he showed me pics of his kitty back in new zeland as i one of my cats is called haldir :) xaflamex

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 01:44:59 AM »
I loved The Real Ghostbusters! Unfortunately my favorite was Peter, and Lorenzo Music is long gone. I watched any cartoon his voice was in.

It's so cool when smaller roles are appreciated, and it's cool to hear when actors do too! When I got Robert Axelrod's autograph, I was too shy to say I'd never watched Power Rangers and was a fan of Wizardmon instead of Lord Zedd... :blush: But he's coming to Dragon*con this year, and I have a beautiful Digimon poster from an Artist's Alley at a third con, so now I have a second chance!

There's some more cool guests I'm looking forward to this year, like in a couple weeks there's one with Colin Baker. He's tied for my favorite Doctor (with Pertwee) so I can't wait.

And also at Dragon*con... we already met Timothy Zahn last year, but it was our first book signing and we didn't know people bring stacks of books to sign, so we'll do a couple more this time. Plus my girlfriend had already talked me into cosplaying our main SWTOR characters this year - both Chiss, which means they'll be seen by the guy who created their species! No pressure!  :freak:

I also have a Tron poster (a fan one with an awful pun) signed by Bruce Boxleitner. My girlfriend and I were so tonguetied for that one, though.

I'd really love to get Richard Dean Anderson's autograph, for my mom. She loved MacGyver back in the day, and we both ended up watching Stargate SG-1 because of it. But it's so expensive...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 01:48:45 AM by spookysage »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 07:50:44 AM »
Sounds exciting! Have fun!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 08:50:01 AM »
Oh, there have been a few.  I think one of my favoutites was an interaction with Bon Jovi...I fell over backwards and into myy mom who had to catch me xD

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 09:05:36 AM »
^^ DETAILS!!!! MUST HAVE DETAILS!!! Lol, I am a huge fan :biggrin: sadly, I've never met anyone famous. Unless getting into the clubrooms of my beloved footy team after a game and getting some autographs from semi naked men counts?? :P

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 09:38:28 AM »
I loved The Real Ghostbusters! Unfortunately my favorite was Peter, and Lorenzo Music is long gone. I watched any cartoon his voice was in.

I adored Lorenzo Music too. Dave Coulier as Peter eventually grew on me, but he just wasn't the same. I heard they replaced Lorenzo because Peter sounded too much like Garfield. That's why I thought it was hilarious that Bill Murray voiced Garfield in the movies. :lol:

And I second demanding details about meeting Bon Jovi!
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 02:20:58 PM »
I met Alice Cooper in a vintage clothing store in Houston.  He was just shopping ... it was so random.  He was super cool about it, though.  :)

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 12:59:28 AM »
Living in an isolated country like NZ it is difficult to meet celebrities. I would love to meet our equestrian great Mark Todd though :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 03:46:35 PM »
I met Alice Cooper in a vintage clothing store in Houston.  He was just shopping ... it was so random.  He was super cool about it, though.  :)

That would be the totally most coolest thing ever.  "So yeah, I met Alice Cooper today.  He prefers green peppers on his pizza to garlic."  "WHAAAAAA?"  "Yeah, the grocery store had a rock n'roll star in it.  They gotta eat too!  C'mon like you're going to meet a supermodel at a grocery store, it's gotta be a dude who loves food."  ;D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 04:32:58 PM »
Not really a celebrity, but there's a musician with whom I was, and am still presently quite enamoured. I said 'hi' to her after a show, and we hit it off. We're pals now, she even asked for some prints of some of my pony pictures. That tickled me.

I also asked one of my favourites bands if they'd like me to treat them to dinner before one of their shows. So, I got to have dinner with one of my favourite bands, that was pretty cool.

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 09:48:03 PM »
I met Lana Parrilla (The Evil Queen from Once Upon a Time) at a gala last year. She was at the table next to me and was so kind. She signed my evil queen pony! 
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 05:52:36 AM »
I live so far off that meeting celebrities is a neverhappen so it was pretty random when we celebrated my brothers 30th birthday and one of his bandmembers brought his girlfriend. Turned out she was Lori Lewis from Therion http://youtu.be/JJEQcJB4Pk4 :) She was so sweet and nice.

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 06:31:55 AM »
What awesome stories!

The only one that really stands out is I had tickets to see Montgomery Gentry in concert.  Shortly before the concert, I got a call from my dad saying he got ahold of backstage passes.  My friend and I met him at the gate and were led backstage where the buses were parked.  We got to meet and hand out with band members for 15-20 minutes before the show (plus free drinks).  Shortly before we left to watch the concert they asked if anybody wanted to get their picture taken.  Of course, I did!  After I got my picture between them, I said "I didn't know I was coming backstage, so I didn't bring anything for you guys to sign, so can I get a kiss?"  They both laughed and gave me a kiss on the cheek!  I was grinning ear to ear for the rest of the night! 

The best part?  That Christmas, there was a package under the tree from 'Montgomery Gentry."  It was an 8x10 of my picture with them that one of my dad's friends that was involved with the tour had them sign for me!   :lovey:

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 12:44:00 PM »
I sat next to Brian May in the theater a few years ago... He was really cool! Kinda feel sorry for the people who sat behind him though with all that hair!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal