collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Favorite celebrity encounters?  (Read 2896 times)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite celebrity encounters?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 12:44:58 PM »
Oh Alice Cooper reminded me I kind of met him at a PGA golf show in Orlando when I was younger. 

I've also met some people from SNL after standing outside.. current cast members Bill Hader, Vanessa Brayer, Bobby Moniyhan.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

kaninchen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 03:05:27 PM »
Ben Folds, of Ben Folds Five and - uh, himself, bumped into me in a little knickknack shop once. bumped not being really the right word, i was entering the shop as he was leaving and he slammed into me. the impact made me drop my purse and there i was, with one of my favourite musicians and icon of 90s indie music picking up a dozen tubes of lipgloss rolling all over the sidewalk.

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 10:06:12 PM »
Okay, I need to add Weird Al.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He's such a sweetie! He's actually quiet and kinda shy off stage which is adorable, and he didn't charge an arm and a leg for autographs! While most of the other Expo guests cost $30-$80+, all I had to do for Weird Al's was buy something from the merchandise booth. Buy some merch and get a number that secures a spot in the autograph line. Even better, he allows pictures as long as the flash is turned off. I got an autographed 8x10 and a picture taken with him for $10. :drunk: If that weren't enough, he shakes hands!!! That is so rare at conventions. I was so blown away, I went back to the merch booth and bought a t-shirt.

Incidentally, the concert was EPIC. Seriously, if anyone ever has a chance to see a Weird Al concert, DO IT!
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 11:35:59 PM »
I haven't really had so much in the way of celebrity encounters (as kiwimlp said earlier, in NZ there ain't that much in the way of big stars, here lol) but I did run into various tv nz personalities in a retail job I once had.

I think my fav memory of someone well known though was owing to my initial embarrassment!  In my former worklife (before kids) I worked at a university. One of the academics in our dept was a very well known NZ author, and despite my efforts, I couldn't help but be a little starstruck  :blush:  I felt so stupid!  The funny thing is, once I got to know him a bit better he was the dearest, sweetest thing, and we became very good friends at work  :)

spookysage

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 11:38:39 PM »
Love these stories! So wanna meet Weird Al someday, and my girlfriend's a huge Ben Folds fan.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 08:19:35 AM »
I met Lana Parrilla (The Evil Queen from Once Upon a Time) at a gala last year. She was at the table next to me and was so kind. She signed my evil queen pony! 
Little green jealousy monster emerges...

For many years I followed the band Blessid Union of Souls. I have tons of signed stuff, hung out with the band at concerts, ran a fan site... The lead singer was kind enough to include me in his thank you's on one of their CD's... Some of you may have heard of them, they did have some hits in the mid 90's early 00's (I Believe, I wanna be there, Light in your eyes, Hey Leonardo)...
Yes, oh yes, me in full on nerd mode in center stage up at a concert in MI; wow that's from over a decade ago...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 03:14:30 PM »
Wow, mlp4me, you just nade me feel old.   I'm planning a trip to Vancouverrr..... :p

I remembered more! I met Jimmy Fallon and Jane Lynch at the Book Expo of America one year, Fred Armisen at a show he did at my college, Chris Colfer at a book signing, and Mindy Kaling at Book Expo too. Plus I passed Kathie Lee and Mike Holmes (HGTV host) on my way to more signings. Oh and then Hoda Kotbe that same weekend as Kathie Lee in the NBC building.

A friend of mine also has included me in her thank yous in a book and one book was dedicated to me. Heh!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 10:42:40 PM »
I met Dan Pallotta today!  WOOOOOOOO!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 10:53:00 PM »
I'm gonna meet the voice of Goldar from power rangers saturday!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 08:06:44 AM »
Wow, mlp4me, you just nade me feel old.   I'm planning a trip to Vancouverrr..... :p
Eh, we're not that old. Take me with you?

I also met Michael Pritchard actor/voice acting and such... In HS he came in and spoke to our entire school... 

G4 customs 4 sale

Melissa

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 02:59:11 PM »
Most of my celebrity encounters have been at Cons. I've met Felicia Day, Robin Thorsen, and Amy Okuda (the girls of The Guild); Nicholas Brendon and Juliet Landau (Xander and Drusilla from Buffy the Vampire Slayer); Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto from Torchwood); Tara Strong (most people here know her as Twilight Sparkle, but I liked her even before that as Timmy Turner from Fairly Oddparents and Raven from Teen Titans)... Most of them are just kind of quick, passing "hello, I love your work!" as I get fed through the autograph line.

Nicholas Brendon was pretty sweet. He gave me a hug after I told him that Xander was one of my favorite characters. Felicia Day told me that she likes meeting girl gamers (I actually met my fiance playing an MMORPG called Rift), and took a picture with me when my fiance was too shy to get in a picture with her.

I have never approached celebrities outside of Con settings. I once saw Dulé Hill at Newark Airport, but my mom and I were both too geeked out to say anything to him and didn't want to bother him.

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 03:23:16 PM »
George Takei was super kind and polite.  He even complimented me on my Rikku from Final Fantasy X-2 cosplay!  He was very approachable.

Also, Walter Emanuel Jones, AKA the Black Power Ranger, was incredibly funny and supportive towards people who were looking into becoming an actor or starting out in martial arts.  He was very down to earth and funny! 

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 03:30:25 PM »
I met Jackson Rathbone 3 times a few years ago. The first time he was with Nicola Peltz doing press for The Last Airbender. My daughter was with me and she was too shy to sit on his lap for the pic, so she got to sit on Nicola's lap.

A few months later my friend and I got to hang out with 100 monkeys backstage in MI.

Then we met the band again the following year, but I can't seem to find my pics :(

I also met Peter Facinelli. He was really nice!

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 03:44:47 PM »
While I haven't actually MET him (yet), I catch glimpses of Bill Murray (who lives around here) going into the AT&T store next to where I work.

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 05:01:25 PM »
George Takei was super kind and polite.  He even complimented me on my Rikku from Final Fantasy X-2 cosplay!  He was very approachable.

Also, Walter Emanuel Jones, AKA the Black Power Ranger, was incredibly funny and supportive towards people who were looking into becoming an actor or starting out in martial arts.  He was very down to earth and funny! 
Those are two very awesome encounters!
Walter is my favorite Power Ranger! :o)

G4 customs 4 sale

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal