collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 163528 times)

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #285 on: January 21, 2012, 02:34:59 PM »
ugh.  everything is still bare at stores around here.  I want skull shores draculaura so bad.  I didn't even realize that operetta has that huge decorative scar?  is everyone liking that?  I don't know if i can get over it in person... but i don't like it in photos.

Ugh, that sucks dIGITS! My best friend who lives in your area keeps saying she can't find anything either. When I was hunting one day I saw a girl around 20 with her mom buying up a bunch and talking to the cashier about how she collected. Didn't expect there to be many collectors in this area! The ONLY reason I've been able to find anything is because I am around the Yankton stores a lot more and there doesn't seem to be *quite* as high of a demand there. When I scored my Nefera and Operetta they still had one more of each plus a Toralei so I picked the extras up for my friend... since Sioux Falls is bare EVERYWHERE.

Hopefully you'll get lucky and find a great stock somewhere soon!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 21, 2012, 02:41:28 PM »
I braved the  weather and went to Target today. But, they didn't have power, only a few lights and checkouts on from a generator, and the shelves were bare. I don't think they were even open yesterday though, so it may have backed things up.
Oh geeze, you actually went throught all that snow?! lol

I wish I could've gone out this whole week but with the snow and all, bleh. Guess gonna have to wait till this weather fiasco is over to continue. Since last week all stores were bare, I'll assume that this week will be bare aswell. =_=;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 21, 2012, 02:57:46 PM »
I would email mattel and complain.  they sold a defective device, and they should be able to make it right for you :)

This! I'm sure they'd send you a replacement stand or a coupon, Mattel is very good with their customer support.

I just emailed Mattel the other day regarding two of our stands....one belong to Gill and the other to DOTD Frankie.....guess we'll see what they say. :)

picklepud

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #289 on: January 21, 2012, 03:24:11 PM »
Congrats to everyone who has had a wonderfull MH day.

And also thank you. xxx

Finally got chance to paly about with my Cupid I got the other day......

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2012, 03:53:08 PM »
Oh man, I CANNOT wait to see the robot girl! I hate her name, but I LOVE robots. I hope she's really unusual-looking...sometimes I feel like the dolls are getting too tame.

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2012, 03:56:52 PM »
Can some one pretty pls help me get my hands on a cupid pls!

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 21, 2012, 04:09:36 PM »
I love what you did with Cupid's hair picklepud!! Awesome photo too

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2012, 04:12:09 PM »
Oh man, I CANNOT wait to see the robot girl! I hate her name, but I LOVE robots. I hope she's really unusual-looking...sometimes I feel like the dolls are getting too tame.

Aww, really? I think Toralei and Operetta are beyond tame... and Howleen coming up too. :) Hope something comes along that changes your mind!

I am hoping Robecca Steam has a heavy Steampunk influence myself. <3

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 21, 2012, 04:46:52 PM »
Can some one pretty pls help me get my hands on a cupid pls!

If I find her I will pick her up for you.

Love the pic PicklePud!!  I think I would like her better with her whole lips painted.

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #295 on: January 21, 2012, 05:15:47 PM »
Aww, really? I think Toralei and Operetta are beyond tame... and Howleen coming up too. :) Hope something comes along that changes your mind!

Howleen is ADORABLE, and Toralei is ok, but sometimes when I see Operetta, Cupid, and some of the CAM sets, I feel like MH is eventually just going to devolve and be a bunch of pale/skin-colored bodies with funky hair.

I mean, look at the dragon-girl set. That could have been AMAZING, but they went for caucasian skin with green accents. It looks like the only place they are willing to take risks on now are the CAM add-on sets, probably because they think if the made the full doll, it wouldn't sell. But the three-eyed girl has the darkest blue skin we've seen yet, the bee girl is awesomly freaky, and I would pay SO much money to have a complete skeleton girl, with thighs and upper arms. (Making the torso would be an issue.)

I mean, I've only been into MH for a couple of weeks, and I understand that as an adult collector I value the not-so-pretty more than the target market does, but the fan-voted new doll coming out looks like an undead Lea Michele. I hope they keep the eyes pure white, because that's really the most unusual thing about her.

So I just hope the robot doll looks totally not-human and the gargoyle doll has DARK gray skin. And that the human-based monsters continue to have the darker skintones -- there's enough caucasian dolls with pink lips out there, KWIM?

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #296 on: January 21, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »

God, that hair is gorgeous! I had a rough time getting mine to re-curl, but I can't stand it when their hair is plastered into its style.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 21, 2012, 06:05:43 PM »

Howleen is ADORABLE, and Toralei is ok, but sometimes when I see Operetta, Cupid, and some of the CAM sets, I feel like MH is eventually just going to devolve and be a bunch of pale/skin-colored bodies with funky hair.

I mean, look at the dragon-girl set. That could have been AMAZING, but they went for caucasian skin with green accents. It looks like the only place they are willing to take risks on now are the CAM add-on sets, probably because they think if the made the full doll, it wouldn't sell. But the three-eyed girl has the darkest blue skin we've seen yet, the bee girl is awesomly freaky, and I would pay SO much money to have a complete skeleton girl, with thighs and upper arms. (Making the torso would be an issue.)

I mean, I've only been into MH for a couple of weeks, and I understand that as an adult collector I value the not-so-pretty more than the target market does, but the fan-voted new doll coming out looks like an undead Lea Michele. I hope they keep the eyes pure white, because that's really the most unusual thing about her.

So I just hope the robot doll looks totally not-human and the gargoyle doll has DARK gray skin. And that the human-based monsters continue to have the darker skintones -- there's enough caucasian dolls with pink lips out there, KWIM?

The only two characters with "caucasian" toned skin are Deuce and Jackson. The Wolf family and and the De Niles have skin tones I'd deem "normal", but not caucasian. The dragon and Lala are actually pink, and Cupid and Spectra are bone white (and Spectra has limbs that fade to clear).

Outside the De Nile sisters and Jackson (who is a human), I think all of the characters has enough defining features to place them in the "monster" category. YMMV of course.

*edited because I shot that last post off on my phone while at work, and somehow put my own words into the middle of the quote. Whoops!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:45:30 PM by crimsondeity »

picklepud

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #298 on: January 21, 2012, 06:10:16 PM »
Thank you. xxxxxxxxxx

Offline Alatariel

• Cookie Queen
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 21, 2012, 06:32:42 PM »
Thanks for the advice about the stands! :) I will definitely send them an email and see if I can get a replacement. And if they won't, I'd be happy to send you a couple bucks plus shipping for a replacement, WickedWonderland! I really appreciate it.

Now I just need to get freakin paid again so I can buy more dolls. I want to go out and look every day but I just can't afford to buy any more right now. Maybe rearranging my existing dolls will help.

I would email mattel and complain.  they sold a defective device, and they should be able to make it right for you :)

This! I'm sure they'd send you a replacement stand or a coupon, Mattel is very good with their customer support.

I just emailed Mattel the other day regarding two of our stands....one belong to Gill and the other to DOTD Frankie.....guess we'll see what they say. :)

Thanks to Sirithfin and cannibalcow for my avvie and siggy!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal