collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Olympic Games Thread  (Read 2061 times)

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Olympic Games Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 10:08:55 PM »
I've been trying to watch all of Phelps events. He's not from the part of Maryland where I'm from but he did get a DUI and was sentenced to community service in my hometown!  :lookround: He spoke at my son's school awhile back. I think we have an autograph somewhere.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-654380.html

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2012, 06:47:41 AM »
I want to know who made up these two dumb rules for gymnastics - 1) that only the top two from each country can compete in the all-around and b) in the event of a tie, drop the lowest score and then tally the top three?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Binny

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2012, 06:55:18 AM »
It's almost inhuman what some of these athletes do. I've been able to catch some of it, including the opening and it was amazing. :)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2012, 07:00:32 AM »
I want to know who made up these two dumb rules for gymnastics - 1) that only the top two from each country can compete in the all-around and b) in the event of a tie, drop the lowest score and then tally the top three?

I agree! These are terrible decisions that have been made :( At least Gabby got to live her dream, though :)

Offline Aster

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2012, 11:51:21 AM »
It's almost inhuman what some of these athletes do.

I often feel like they do amazing things, and then the commentators say something like "OHH THAT WAS A DISASTER, THAT'LL COST SOME POINTS"

But you KNOW someone had a good routine when the JUDGES have their mouths open in awe

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2012, 12:08:10 PM »
How did I miss this thread?!

We've been watching Gymnastics, Swimming, Beach Volleyball, Synchronized Diving & Rowing. And probably some others I'm forgetting right now.

I was really excited to see Gabby take the gold, though I'm not sure she truly won it. Komova's routine had a slightly lower difficulty level, but she easily stuck her landings and seemingly performed the best out of everyone. I was very surprised to see she had lost something insane like 2.3-2.5 points on her floor routine when it looked so stunning. I'm even more annoyed that we never got a breakdown of her score or why she lost so many points. It just feels wrong.

Another fun time has been watching Phelps not win gold and watching Lochte perform terribly whenever he's not in the pool against Phelps. I swear those male swimmers are just a riot. The U.S. female swimmers are doing well, though! Dana Vollmer won gold and set a World Record, as did Rebecca Soni. Watching the women swim has been awesome.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:11:26 PM by Yurusumaji »

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2012, 04:12:59 PM »
But you KNOW someone had a good routine when the JUDGES have their mouths open in awe

Like McKayla doing her perfect Vault and the Judge was all--> 

:O

Awesome.

I was really excited to see Gabby take the gold, though I'm not sure she truly won it. Komova's routine had a slightly lower difficulty level, but she easily stuck her landings and seemingly performed the best out of everyone. I was very surprised to see she had lost something insane like 2.3-2.5 points on her floor routine when it looked so stunning. I'm even more annoyed that we never got a breakdown of her score or why she lost so many points. It just feels wrong.

I was here last night too, I thought Gabby did really well but KOMOVA was soooo beautiful and elegant. A breakdown would be great!

I wanted the bronze Russian girl to pull out a win because she had fire in her eyes at the beginning but then didn't use the same awesome foot grip that Komova did and gave up on the beam. Poor Aly ; ;

I would like to know some kind of reasoning. Just to know WHAT they were thinking for each deduction.

Mckayla was totally a 16.5 on that vault and until they show why not that's what I'm giving her!

Then again I know NOTHING about scoring, which makes this so confusing!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:47:15 PM by TrixieStix »

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2012, 09:03:18 PM »
Gymnastics and swimming have been good so far. Loved women's gymnastics Team USA being all around awesome but I really felt bad for the Russians whenever they screwed something up. You could just see their expressions fall--very heartbreaking.

And maaaan, the men's swimming team for USA... is making me dehydrated from all the drooling I do whenever they make an appearance. Lochte and Adrian <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal