collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird Stuff You've Done - That Made Perfect Sense at the Time  (Read 3563 times)

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Stuff You've Done - That Made Perfect Sense at the Time
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 04:56:07 AM »
I used to cut the tags off of my stuffed animals because they were "itchy".
Not just the store tags, I mean - the "tush tags". I still have a few stuffed animals whose tags are cut nearly all the way down to their bodies.
I'm glad none of them were collectibles :drunk:
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 05:33:47 AM »
Heh, I did that on a few plushies too.

One time I put my favorite Little People figure down the sink. Luckily my dad got it out again. But I sit here and think Why the **bleep** did I do that?! I loved the figure because it was blue, and yet for some reason I got mad at it and wanted to get rid of it?

I also had a dinosaur figure I liked, and then later I thought it was stupid and chewed on it and stuffed it somewhere and forgot about it. Later on I stopped being stupid and wanted the figure back, but I couldn't remember where I'd put it. I was really happy to find a figure set in the store that had it in it again. And then later, Dad found the original under my favorite chair. So then I had two of them.

Another time I put a book I liked in the kitchen trashcan. Thankfully, a clean bag had just been put in and there wasn't anything else in the can, so it got back out just fine. It was so weird.... Just like with the figures, even though I liked it, suddenly for some reason I thought it was stupid. **headdesk.**

Even now, sometimes I'll be carrying something I love and be tormented by thoughts of losing my mind and putting it in the trash. This is usually immediately followed by a horrified cuddle of whatever the thing is, as I never want to do such an awful thing again.

I think I was around four or five when all of those weird incidents happened.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 05:35:28 AM by Lucky_Ladybug »

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 06:33:26 AM »
I use to rub lip gloss all over my toys for no reason.

Oh gosh! You just reminded me of something I used to do up until I was about 16! I used to condition/polish the eyes of my plush toys that had hard beady eyes with lip gloss/pawpaw ointment. They could "see" better afterwards. It was a very gentle, tender bonding process :P
:fox:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 07:25:04 AM »
As a kid I shared room with my younger sister and we had a bunkbed, I slept on top of course and thus had a bedlamp fasten to the wall. One morning I played with baby Northstar and as she had wings she flewed to the sun (aka the lamp) and sat on it.. and then I forgot about her for a few hours and when I remembered, she was all warm and squishy and had a burntmark on her rump. Last time ever any pony of mine flew to the sun.

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 08:11:44 AM »
I gave my childhood Skyflier zebra stripes with a brown crayon!!!! She stayed that way for a really long time too, thankfully the crayon came right off!

I also drew all over my childhood Majesty (the one that came with the castle) with a blue felt tip pen...my mother is STILL angry at me for that! :(
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Weird Stuff You\'ve Done - That Made Perfect Sense at the Time
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 10:02:55 AM »
I used to cut the tags off of my stuffed animals because they were "itchy".
Not just the store tags, I mean - the "tush tags". I still have a few stuffed animals whose tags are cut nearly all the way down to their bodies.
I'm glad none of them were collectibles :drunk:

I did this too!!! They were indeed itchy as a child when I would cuddle in bed with my stuffies. Especially my Pokemon because I wanted them to look like 'real' pokemon, i would cut the tush tag too clpse to the seam and had to sew the hole shut in the fabric. I regret it because i did this with my Pokedolls from Japan and if I ever want to sell them I cant proove they are legit.

Now since I'm an adult collector, I sleep with my plush toys with the tush AND the hang tag xD none have been bend or ripped off yet! Lol I will never cut tags off again....

Post Merge: September 09, 2014, 10:09:03 AM

Oooph my gosh. I also had a 'Duddly the Dragon' large stuffed animal with hard, plastic hallow nails. A part of my 'Toy Salon' I cut his nails off with scissors and.... they never grew back in two weeks as I planned LOL. I also stole his shoes and tried to make my sister wear them LOL! Here is a photo of the same plush, image is not mine: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ySnooXBoL._SY300_.jpg

As far as pets since we had a hamster discussion, LOL, my sister and I dressed up our dog in her clothes as a Cheetah Girl! She even had pants! LMAO!!!!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:12:04 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 11:19:16 AM »
These stories are all so cute!

As a child, I put a glitter body lotion on Glory's horn.  Some of the glitter is still there despite multiple scrubbings.  She's extra magical now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 01:13:39 PM »
I had a thing about hiding stuff. I used to always put the pocket pals inside the powder bottle from the Nursery and one day the bottom got stuck.
It's still in there :)

I also used to steal my parents condoms to make mermaid tails for my Barbies...

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2014, 01:17:05 PM »
^OMG!!!  That's too funny.  Your poor parents.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

parryscereal

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 01:39:31 PM »
I had a second G3 Rainbow Dash as a child. I thought she was too similar to the other Rainbow Dash I owned, so I colored her hair black and her eyes a different color with a marker.

Offline loser

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 01:42:28 PM »
When I was a kid i tried to "improve" my favorite ponies and "make them prettier" by giving them makeup and tattoos... Which meant i gave them sharpie eyeliner & eyeshadow, occasionally accompanied by stars around their eyes or up their legs.  :redface:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 02:00:18 PM »
It kind of makes sense but the main regret...putting sea ponies in the bath tub :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 08:25:12 PM »
Not so much what I did as what my friend did...she used to make me be Tootsie and Cherries Jubilee when we were playing ponies because "They're the ugly ones." I wasn't allowed to bring my own ponies outside (I didn't have many...we didn't have a lot of money) so i had to play with her ponies and her strict rules. Her family had a lot of money (at least i thought so...she may have just had a big family that gave her lots of ponies and stuff as gifts) so she treated her toys like crap. One day i ticked her off, and she took scizzors to my favourite "Hearts and Candy" outfit and smashed the necklace! I cried and took the shredded outfit home even though it was hers...I made my own toys with the leftover pieces of fabric that my mom gave me (she'd alter and hem people's dresses and suits to help make ends meet) so i sewed it back togetther as well as a 6 yr old could...we made up a few days later and I gave her the shabbily sewn clothes back. I think she put them on her pony...io can't remember, but we weren't friends for much longer after that. I wasn't upset about losing her as a friend, i just wished I could rescue her ponies from her!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 09:47:09 PM »
I had a baby doll when I was younger, that was given to me by my aunt.  I used to feed real food to her, take her in the bath with me, chew on her hands and feet (for some weird reason) and basically I treated her like another human because I thought it was the right thing to do and I didn't want her to be sad.  When I was about 11, my step-dad finally threw her away, and I cried, but thinking back to it, who knows what sort of filth that poor doll was covered in?  I mean, I gave her real food:blink:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 11:03:56 PM »
I took my childhood star glow and put her on the bulb to my lava lamp to try to melt her a bit to get the glowing stars and hearts out if her because I was convinced they were candy. She started smoking and ip was terrified so I stopped.

Also non pony related but I used to have a box framed dead dried sea horse, star fish and sand dollar that my moms friend made for me. I thought they'd come back to life if I filled up the bathtub with water and table salt and soak them in it for a bit. They didn't just FYI!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal