collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To sell or not to sell..  (Read 276 times)

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
To sell or not to sell..
« on: January 22, 2014, 04:44:50 AM »
That's the question. I've been thinking about selling most of my G3s and G4s and some of my G2s. I need the extra space and money. G1 is my favorite generation and I want to keep all of them. But I also like the other gens and I'm afraid that I might regret selling them. :/ What would you do? If I decide to sell, is it a good time for it? Are G3s still selling for super low prices? What about G2s and G4s?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:47:10 AM by Sandi »
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
Re: To sell or not to sell..
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:16:10 AM »
G2's price range does change, but the common ones are quite low priced. It depends also on how many people want to buy them. Most of G2's are low priced depending on the ponies condition and possible acceccories.

Im sorry you have to make this kind of hard decision. :hug:

I know the feeling, im about to sell my childhood pony magazines, and they are important to me, but i do not read them and they take space, so i rather give them in homes where they are loved more. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you :heart:

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 05:28:51 AM »
G3s are still very low priced so I would say don't even worry about selling them as they would be easy to buy back if you changed your mind later on :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 07:08:55 AM »
That's such a tough decision!   If you do decide to sell, maybe set aside a little of the profits and get something special for your G1 collection that you've been wanting.   That way, even though you're slimming down your collection in numbers, you're building up the part of it that's most important to you. 

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 09:30:44 AM »
You might to pick one of the G2's, G3's or G4's you like the most and set them aside, while selling the rest. I'm sorry you're having to sell them, I know it must be hard :hug: But I think that in the longer run, you can replace each of the ponies - maybe get them upgraded or with accessories, so don't think of selling them as the last time you'll be seeing those ponies :)

G3's are going for low prices. The G4's and G2's depend on which ones you've got. Selling some of them might turn out profitable!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 12:21:14 PM »
I know how you feel, I have done it many times.  Go threw them all and look and see what ones just don't do it for you anymore. That is what I do and it seems to work good for me. I wish you luck and hope your sales go good on the ones you do pick.

Offline Rainbowings

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 12:33:51 PM »
I did just that and havnt regreted it. I know I was in love with G1 and I was really excited when the other genarations came out but I just dont feel the same about them, lovely though thay are.
Good luck in what ever you decide to do x :satisfied:

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 01:45:26 PM »
just sell them a bit at a time starting with the ones that you do not feel the most attached to.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 02:05:13 PM »
I agree with the idea of don't just get rid of everything. Go through all the ponies which are on the potential sales list and pick your favourites. Keep those ones :) That way you will have a little reminder of your collection and hopefully should not regret the sales too much. As others have said, unless you have something super super super rare, almost all G2-G4 ponies are going to be something you could recollect in the future as circumstances perhaps change. Or perhaps you will never miss them at all.

If it was me, I agree with keeping your favourite generation and focusing on them. If space is a concern then you are best to keep what makes you the most happy about ponies. It will be hard to do - its always hard to sell ponies which are in your collection - but hopefully keeping some and knowing you can always repurchase will help a little :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal