collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which generations do you collect?

Generation 1
92 (30%)
Generation 2
47 (15.3%)
Generation 3
67 (21.8%)
Generation 3.5
21 (6.8%)
Generation 4
80 (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Which generations do you collect?  (Read 4534 times)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Re: Which generations do you collect?
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2012, 09:20:01 AM »
I collect G1, G2, G3 and G4.  I do have 3 G3.5s in my collection but have yet to decide to actively collect them.  I don't really like the regular core 7 G3.5 but the moms and babies are kind of cute.  G1 will always be my most important generation.  I want to add more to my G2 collection but they are so hard to find since I have most of the US ones I want.  I have very few G3s left on my list and I usually only get them at flea markets and thrift stores, etc.  Some of them that are left I will have to actively buy for online.  G4s I am keeping up on as the come out in stores.  So I guess you can say I actively collect everything besides G3.5s at this point but that may change the more I learn about them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2012, 09:28:12 AM »
Currently it's Gen 1 and 2. I mostly concentrate on these two, because there aren't that easy to find and I always have to make sure that I have enough money to buy one, should one of them pop up on auction sites or ad sites. That, and both of these generations where part of my childhood, so you can say I get them because of the nostalgia.

I plan to collect G3s and G4s as well, but not now - there are currently TONS of G3s being sold so I'm not worrying about the fact that I'll never have a chance at grabbing any one of them, and G4s are a bit too expensive for me so I'm waiting 'till the price on them's gonna drop.

Rion

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2012, 09:29:09 AM »
Only G4 for me.

Offline Candy_Bang

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Have a happy, colourful day! <3
    • View Profile
    • Looking for WaePonies on Facebook?
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2012, 09:32:01 AM »
G1s are my fav. I try to only buy certain kinds (boy, bride, sparkly, princess, unicorn, that sort of thing) but once I hold any 'not on my list' G1 in my hands she becomes part of my herd. At this moment the only G1 nirvanas I pay much attention to are unicorns, boys, or Brillitos.

I actively collect G3 too. Other than reposes I think I might like one of every G3 eventually, but I try to only buy romance or princess themed, or glittery. I'm a sucker for bright colours though.

I like G2 but don't actively pursue most of them. I have my main G2 grail but there's a few others I'd love. Again I try to go for male, romance, or glittery ponies but there are a few others I wouldn't say no to. I'll probably get Summer's G2 Guide so I can list for myself who I'm most interested in.

I'm not big on G4, but I have 2 ordinary ponies (one is my fav, Dewdrop Dazzle, and one was a gift) and my fav BlindBag (the black sparkle boy). I'd like to have the other sparkle boys plus Shining Armour, and maybe a Fluttershy if I could repaint her eyes to look less sad, but other than those I'm not too interested in actively collecting G4. I like receiving G4 gifts and merch from friends who aren't pony-savvy enough to hunt for G1s for me.

I just never got into 3.5 or ponyville. I don't like the proportions of them, poor things.
I'm in search of my childhood Princess Serena/ Aquamarine with blue and gold tinsel. Have you seen her? <3

WIP Wish List here: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,298148.msg227145.html#msg227145

WaePonies! Please like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WaePonies

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2012, 09:49:27 AM »
I only collect the G4 figurines

Examples:
blind bag
pony rainbow collection coming out
Cloudsdale set
etc
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2012, 09:52:01 AM »
Actively, G1 and G4. But I have others from all gens. If I find G3 and G3.5 at thrift stores, I'll buy them unless they're in bad condition. But sometimes I'll buy bad condition G3's as bait. :D

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2012, 10:22:40 AM »
Pretty much exclusively G4's. If I find another pony from another gen I'll usually pick it up for trades or for my cousin (who's 2 and just likes to "play ponies", she doesn't really care about particulars). I'll only keep a G1 if she's exceedingly pretty and snags at my heartstrings, which is difficult to do. The only G1's I'd like to actively seek out are the rest of the baby ballerinas. I'm trying to keep my collection somewhat small and cohesive, so I like sticking with the G4's, as their small size and overall aesthetic is extremely appealing to me.

Phekzhen

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2012, 10:36:15 AM »
I actively collect G4, since they're the easest to get a hold of, and that's what my other friends collect. It's really fun going to the store and digging through the blind bag boxes together.

I go after G1s that are favorite characters from child hood, are in nice condition, and aren't too expensive.

I'd collect G2s, as they were my childhood ponies, but they're not really out there and are pretty expensive :(

GloriaFan

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2012, 10:48:09 AM »
I mainly collect G1 and G4, but I buy my favorite G2s and G3s. I also have a G3.5 Scootaloo. She's my Changeling.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2012, 11:28:18 AM »
G1, G3 and G4 actively (but I only buy g3s from thrift stores or trades.). I also have one g2 and I wouldn't mind a few more.  :)

I do own 2 g3.5s but they are exceptions and I don't consider myself a collector of them.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2012, 11:35:50 AM »
All of them :blush: I have no willpower, although I won't be getting the re-releases of the G4 ponies unless they have physical differences.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline saikune

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2012, 12:42:10 PM »
I've been actively collecting 1, 3, and 4. I do want to find some G2 ponies though, and if a really cheap G3.5 came my way I'd probably take that, too. lol
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,300089.0.html (<-- my wishlist) (not buying atm though)

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2012, 12:46:20 PM »
Tales 7 through G4, skipping G3.5 somewhat (though there are exceptions- I do own a G3.5 animated storyteller Pinkie Pie and a vintage G1 musical box TV and I like it). I am cool with 3.5 tho.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:50:31 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline darknessunisousboy

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://darknesscustomshack.webs.com/
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2012, 12:57:13 PM »
for me G1 maily I have some of the other gens. but I am a original MLP girl.

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2012, 01:19:55 PM »
1, 3 & 4 but only adult ponies have to draw the line somewhere :)
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal