collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help me design a pony symbol!  (Read 1947 times)

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
Help me design a pony symbol!
« on: May 24, 2016, 08:30:47 PM »
So when I got interested in MLP again as a late teenager/young adult I pretty quickly came up with pony versions of myself and my family. This was before I even got on the internet to discover other collectors and that having a "ponysona" was a thing. I did a lot of drawing around that time and did a few drawings of my family together and all that. Then when I got in a relationship a few years ago he thought my love of MLP was neat and wanted a pony too and so we created a pony together and I even went so far as to get a custom done for him as a Christmas gift.

Well I am currently in a new relationship with the best person on the planet! I adore him and he adores me and we are just the best! I am stumped on creating him a pony. And it's the symbol that is kicking my butt. He is so kind and thoughtful and generous and just so full of love and all I can think of is hearts.... That seems kind of lame really. Also my mother has stylized heart for her pony symbol because she is the best mother in the world and the most mothering-est mother and love and hearts made sense for her. My mother and fiance don't need to share a symbol lol

I feel so uncreative... He helpfully suggested something to do with movies and music as those are biggest interests. He is such a movie buff, he has a huge collection of movies and actually once worked at Blockbuster and was loving it. I wanted to doing something with film reel and music notes but I can't simplify anything enough for a nice simple pony symbol. I suppose he could be one of those G3 ponies with the fancy design all up and down one leg lol

I really want to figure this out because I want to do art of us together. We are getting married next May so it would be neat to incorporate our ponies in some small way. Also I think it makes him a little sad that I haven't created anything for him yet..

Please help!

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help me design a pony symbol!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 12:17:03 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 How's this?

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 01:10:17 PM »
I really like Lore-Lei's sketch!

A written description is the best I can offer at the moment; I was picturing something similar to Lore-Lei's idea but with the film gradually turning into a stave with notes. You could put the reel on the flank, with the film/stave combo running down the pony's leg. Alternatively, a slate or a simplified projector could work, too, or what do you think? (I found one clipart picture that might work, for inspiration if not used as is: https://openclipart.org/detail/221491/movie-projector-icon).

Good luck, I think it's always such a cute idea to design personas for your loved ones! ^.^

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 01:24:59 PM »
That is adorable!
I can't draw, but a really simple one could be a music note where the "ball" at the bottom is a film reel. Is your symbol a ball of yarn and a knitting needle? That's so cute! Your pony can knit him a sweater!

Or, since he loves all forms of media, what about a concert/movie ticket or something similar?
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 11:13:26 PM »
Oh wow Lore-lei I was kinda joking about the G3 thing but that looks lovely! Thank you for coming up with a design!

Griffin - I like the projector idea, it never occurred to me before but that is quite iconic for representing movies. I really like your idea of combining the projector and Lore-lei's sketch and music stave. Awesome thoughts!

Aurora - Movie ticket stub is another brilliant idea that never occurred to me! It would also hearken back to his days as a Blockbuster employee lol
Yes my symbol is a ball of yarn with a crochet hook! Crochet is my biggest obsession besides ponies

I'm so glad I created this topic you guys have been super helpful with this design block I have had!

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 11:24:00 PM »
With Lore-Lei's sketch and a projector would be cool. Like how projectors sometimes spew out the tape when jammed? So having the projector in the back with the tape popping out some giving it depth. Then a movie ticket under the tape.
Hope that makes sense haha. I'll see if I can sketch something later ;3

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal