collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Pimp Yo Fakie" Contest [Entries closed!]  (Read 10905 times)

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: "Pimp Yo Fakie" Contest [Fakie Hunting Time! Starts 4/20]
« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2014, 08:12:56 AM »
*pets her fakie* Soon my lovely, soon you will be on your journey to become pretty! Or at least prettier than you are now XD

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2014, 10:04:51 PM »
Snapdragon, I love the shade of that Hasbro-pose fakie :D Can't wait see what you do with her. I also love the airbrushing on that other fakie, kinda shame it's so scuffed, but I'm sure you'll make something beautiful of her, too.

I love the color too! I'm a little worried I won't be able to come up with a good enough design, ha ha! I really don't wanna "waste" her, because I think she's gorgeous as is! I'm gonna have to think up one heck of a design!!

Lonewolf- that is such a pretty fakie!

Snapdragon- mine is the same pose of Tara pony! So curious to see how they both come out... :D Also, I tossed mine in the oven with another sculpted pony I was baking and he did fine (at 215*F)

I think I saw that, I even thought "should I use the same pose, someone else is using it already"! But I remembered that my very first custom was made with a Tara pose, so I figured it might be a nice check-in with how my skill has progressed, and hope my second attempt doesn't come out as nightmarishly as the first, LOL!

It'll be really cool seeing how two similar fakies can turn into two different customs! Those sculpted eyes are gonna be tough to work around...! XD
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2014, 11:38:47 PM »
Wish tomorrow would get here sooner. I just finished prepping my baits and can't wait to see if they turn out as nicely as I am hoping.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2014, 11:55:42 PM »
I wish so too, TwistedRiver. I want to see what the fakie looks like after getting some apoxie treatment, wondering if there is any (rather easy) way to make her look like mor of a MLP instead of screaming "FAKIE". I don't wish to sculpt much, though, as the fakie does have her own charm as she is... I know, there's a contradiction. XD

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2014, 12:15:32 AM »
I don't trust my skills to do much sculpting on mine, I've not had a lot of luck with it in the past and don't think I want to practice it with these babies, but I have some interesting ideas.
I wouldn't make her look "too pony-like" if I were you, I happen to think the individual looks the fakies have on their own is a big part of their charm.
One thing I have to give fakies credit for over hasbro is they are not just all recolours of the same pony.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2014, 04:33:35 AM »
I don't trust my skills to do much sculpting on mine, I've not had a lot of luck with it in the past and don't think I want to practice it with these babies, but I have some interesting ideas.
I wouldn't make her look "too pony-like" if I were you, I happen to think the individual looks the fakies have on their own is a big part of their charm.
One thing I have to give fakies credit for over hasbro is they are not just all recolours of the same pony.

Except the Crumpet poses...but they pull it off somehow, where everyone else falls short :lol:

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2014, 04:56:09 AM »
I'm waiting on a bait nonhasbro to arrive in the mail - here's the seller's pic of her (it's a head/body mismatch in color but they belong to the same pose - I own 4 others in that pose, but I wanted to give new life to this one since she's mismatched)

And here's my hasbro mold

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2014, 07:48:15 AM »
I'm out of town until monday and it's killing me that I won't be able to start yet! Not that I have any idea what I'm doing, but still.

TeddyAndTex

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2014, 08:48:01 AM »
I now have all of the materials I need to start tomorrow  :biggrin: Can't wait!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:19:51 AM by TeddyAndTex »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2014, 09:34:43 AM »
Lonewolf- that is such a pretty fakie!

Snapdragon- mine is the same pose of Tara pony! So curious to see how they both come out... :D Also, I tossed mine in the oven with another sculpted pony I was baking and he did fine (at 215*F)

I think I saw that, I even thought "should I use the same pose, someone else is using it already"! But I remembered that my very first custom was made with a Tara pose, so I figured it might be a nice check-in with how my skill has progressed, and hope my second attempt doesn't come out as nightmarishly as the first, LOL!

It'll be really cool seeing how two similar fakies can turn into two different customs! Those sculpted eyes are gonna be tough to work around...! XD

I am curious to see how they come out too! Even if we were both making the same thing I still wouldn't worry about it because they would still be completely different :) But there is zero chance that we'll make the same thing. I really dislike the eyes. I am going to sculpt over them to make g4-style eyes. (Well, try to anyway...)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2014, 01:31:55 PM »

are you sure this fakie counts as a Hasbro mold? I think she's the little twin of my orange fakie baby. I asked about whether she qualifies as Hasbro mold or not, didn't get an answer but my name was entered into the non-Hasbro category, so I assumed she isn't one.
I'm totally OK if she's one though, but in this case may I please request my name to be moved from the non-Hasbro to the Hasbro mold category, Colorscapesart? :hug:

on Thursday I became super sick (I went to work in the morning, got sent home a couple of hours later because I looked awful, and ended up in the emergency during the evening with a high fever :sick: ), so I am not sure if I'll be able to go to the family gathering tomorrow. but even if I stay at home I might not be able to start working. I hate to just lie around and do nothing, but due to the fever basically my whole body hurts, my fingers hurt as I type, so to start rehairing might not be the best idea in this state  -_-

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2014, 01:54:31 PM »
CSA, can I be added to Hasbro as well pretty please??
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Roogna

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2014, 02:22:54 PM »

are you sure this fakie counts as a Hasbro mold? I think she's the little twin of my orange fakie baby. I asked about whether she qualifies as Hasbro mold or not, didn't get an answer but my name was entered into the non-Hasbro category, so I assumed she isn't one.
I'm totally OK if she's one though, but in this case may I please request my name to be moved from the non-Hasbro to the Hasbro mold category, Colorscapesart? :hug:

on Thursday I became super sick (I went to work in the morning, got sent home a couple of hours later because I looked awful, and ended up in the emergency during the evening with a high fever :sick: ), so I am not sure if I'll be able to go to the family gathering tomorrow. but even if I stay at home I might not be able to start working. I hate to just lie around and do nothing, but due to the fever basically my whole body hurts, my fingers hurt as I type, so to start rehairing might not be the best idea in this state  -_-

she's a DG fakie baby in the EXACT same mold as G1 newborns :)
the one you have looks very very close, but has a rooted tail. I think she looks a little funky because her mold and plastic are not quite as good as the DG one, but I would count it as hasbro mold. your purple one you pictured is hasbro mold for sure...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:26:59 PM by Roogna »

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2014, 02:45:54 PM »
she's a DG fakie baby in the EXACT same mold as G1 newborns :)
the one you have looks very very close, but has a rooted tail. I think she looks a little funky because her mold and plastic are not quite as good as the DG one, but I would count it as hasbro mold. your purple one you pictured is hasbro mold for sure...
now I had to stop and think this over again, and I just realised that I don't own any Earth newborns, only unicorn and pegasi - maybe that's why this mold skipped my mind as being a Hasbro one. thank you for the explanation! this means then that my name indeed needs to be moved to the Hasbro mold group :)
yep, she has a rooted tail. to be honest, it gives me worries... first I just wanted to remove the whole part and give her a regular tail, but if I traced the hole based on the rooting pattern it would make an enormously thick tail, but if I cut a smaller hole in the middle it would bother me that the rooting pattern is visible around it, so I think I will keep her rooted-tailed :P
is your fakie's body pearly by the way? mine's is, and I thought it's just the lights in your pic that makes it look non-pearly, but now that it turns out they aren't from the same origin after all this might also be different.

yes, the purple one is clearly a Hasbro mold :) tough I will not be able to get some hair which I'd need for the idea I have in mind for her, so I won't be participating with her in the contest.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Roogna

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2014, 03:08:43 PM »
is your fakie's body pearly by the way? mine's is, and I thought it's just the lights in your pic that makes it look non-pearly, but now that it turns out they aren't from the same origin after all this might also be different.
nope. none of the DG fakie babies are pearly. that's interesting that yours is!

DeviantArt Etsy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal