collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012  (Read 46842 times)

Offline frizzycat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Plastic Candy
Re: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012
« Reply #1755 on: July 27, 2012, 11:45:45 PM »
I have to disagree with the posters who said that Hasbro handled this very well. I think the reps and CS did a good job, judging by the responses in this thread, but the ordering and listing process was terrible. What I think they should have done was to put a limit on how many of the exclusive pony people can actually put in their cart, rather than letting people order several and then going back and cancelling the extra orders. And they should have announced a release date for when the pony was going up on the site to prevent the constant site refreshing. Can't be good for their bandwidth. 

As for criticising how Hasbro handles stuff, I very much doubt they'll be all sad and disheartened that some people are unhappy with them. They are a big, professional company and can handle criticism. They'll either take into account the complaints and improve things next year, or they'll just ignore them, complaints bouncing off their thick corporate hide. Anyway, if people don't express their disappointment, Hasbro won't know and things most definitely won't change then.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:48:49 PM by frizzycat »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1756 on: July 28, 2012, 01:37:21 AM »
I thought the online release was reasonable, but SDCC sounded ridiculous. The stories of people having to race from line to line, and spending hours in line only to get nothing, sounded horrible.  Next time they should either bring more ponies or else just have one line, giving out raffle tickets for a chance to win the pony, and then mail it to people's homes or something to avoid yet another line.  Would also avoid dealers sending ten of their employees into lines to buy three ponies each. 

Maybe not even have a physical line.  Figure out a way to register for the raffle ticket online, and have people print off their confirmation code + barcode or something.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: July 28, 2012, 05:06:56 AM »
I'm paranoid that someone's gonna steal her off my step while I'm on my Disney cruise this week. Stupid FedEx.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Flutterblossom

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1758 on: July 28, 2012, 05:47:55 AM »
I'm paranoid that someone's gonna steal her off my step while I'm on my Disney cruise this week. Stupid FedEx.

Oh, you're going on a Disney Cruise this week? How fun! Which cruise ship are you going on? I went on the Dream in October, it was so much fun!!!

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: July 28, 2012, 05:50:29 AM »

Oh, you're going on a Disney Cruise this week? How fun! Which cruise ship are you going on? I went on the Dream in October, it was so much fun!!!
We'll be on the Magic. Leaving in about on hour, and I seriously can't wait! Just wish the shipping confirmation would get here first :P
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Flutterblossom

« Reply #1760 on: July 28, 2012, 05:53:35 AM »

We'll be on the Magic. Leaving in about on hour, and I seriously can't wait! Just wish the shipping confirmation would get here first :P

You are soo lucky, it's gonna be so much fun!!!!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: July 28, 2012, 07:00:23 AM »
Lol I can't believe this thread has 118 pages :lol: :faint:

Anyway let's hope everyone can get a ditzy Doo :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Bee-chan

« Reply #1762 on: July 28, 2012, 08:05:20 AM »
Sweet! Landed a :muffin: Pony!

And for under $100 on ebay ( again, hasbrotoyshop is OUT ). I feel bad for people who were ripped off at $400.

She is now the most I've ever paid for a Hasbro made special collectors pony. $77.

The last one I spent the most on was $50, and I think it was the FIRST San Diego ComicCon pony.

It pays to be stubborn AND finicky, I guess, but thank goodness I JUST got my regular paycheck AND my vacation check yesterday!

I will NEVER pay more than that for a pony. I'd rather restore a manky pony to beautiful condition than spend a crud ton on a MiB.

~~Bee
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 08:06:58 AM by Bee-chan »

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: July 28, 2012, 08:20:31 AM »
Fizzy, they did limit how many people could put in there cart. It was only 1 per order. But then people were coming back in and doing a second or third order and buying more. I don't know if there is any way to prevent that. You could even come in and have a different member of your household order another.  It isn't until the orders are all in that they could see which addresses and credit cards were used multiple times.   This is a standard problem with most online stores and most other stores do not cancel orders to give more people a chance.

I do wish they set a time to list them and would tell those who asked. 

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #1764 on: July 28, 2012, 09:03:41 AM »
Gonna jump in with my opinion as well.
I think hasbro handled the SDCC event poorly, but did a good job with the online orders.
Hasbro should have limited the pony to 2 at sdcc and done something different with their line management. I also feel that the fair should have received more ponies. the online orders I think went pretty much as smoothly as possible. I am actually glad they didn't post a time for the pony, feel like it was more fair this way. They also didn't have to go out of their way and make double sure each person only got one. that was very nice of them. Customer service has been very prompt with replying to emails as well.
so while the events were disastrous, I'm glad they got it right on their site.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: July 28, 2012, 09:08:19 AM »
I have to disagree with the posters who said that Hasbro handled this very well. I think the reps and CS did a good job, judging by the responses in this thread, but the ordering and listing process was terrible. What I think they should have done was to put a limit on how many of the exclusive pony people can actually put in their cart, rather than letting people order several and then going back and cancelling the extra orders.

They did have a limit of one per cart.  Some people tried to get around the limit by ordering a second time, to a different address, or to the same address using a different card.  That's why they had to double check payment info and shipping addresses manually.

You've got to understand that this isn't usually a problem.  364 days of the year they don't care how many orders you place, or to where they are shipped.  Their system wasn't built for that.  Now, they may be able to change that for next year, but a lot of people were able to get her on the second day, who missed out on the first, so it's not necessarily a bad thing (and I'm betting it's cheaper to hire people to check manually than it would be to overhaul their entire ordering system). 

And they should have announced a release date for when the pony was going up on the site to prevent the constant site refreshing. Can't be good for their bandwidth. 

I think if they had made an announcement, they would have been sold out WAY faster, and it would have made it super easy for anyone who wanted to re-sell them.  By doing it the way they did, only the people who really wanted her enough to camp out (and the people who just got lucky) got to buy her.  I know not everyone got her, even then, but I doubt many of us would have gotten a chance at all if she had been announced as going up at a certain time.

As for criticising how Hasbro handles stuff, I very much doubt they'll be all sad and disheartened that some people are unhappy with them. They are a big, professional company and can handle criticism. They'll either take into account the complaints and improve things next year, or they'll just ignore them, complaints bouncing off their thick corporate hide. Anyway, if people don't express their disappointment, Hasbro won't know and things most definitely won't change then.

I agree that they should get honest feedback, but it helps if you understand where they are coming from.  I think, all in all, they did a great job.  Next year I'd like to see a fair pony for US and UK that's separate, and that there are enough of for those who attend, but I think they handled Comic Con pretty well, considering the demand.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1766 on: July 28, 2012, 09:20:17 AM »
I thought the online release was reasonable, but SDCC sounded ridiculous. The stories of people having to race from line to line, and spending hours in line only to get nothing, sounded horrible.

Sadly this is the way SDCC has been going for the past few years - the exclusive lines at all the major companies are just getting ridiculous. People can spend 4 days of the con in line waiting for one item and never get it, and that is really really unfortunate. I think Hasbro has tried to remedy it by giving people appointment times to wait in line, but the system never really works and isn't explained or advertised well. And Mattell sets certain times for certain items, but again, it's not well advertised. This is an area that I think all the major retailers at SDCC need to work on improving :\

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1767 on: July 28, 2012, 09:23:52 AM »
I think Hasbro handled this situation way better than Mattel handled the MH exclusive.
I wasn't super happy at how many they brought to the fair, but I don't think they anticipated the demand there. I think a limit of 2 at SDCC was fair [households with multiple children] and I am actually impressed with how they handled online orders.
In contrast, Mattel made a limit of 6 on their exclusive doll at SDCC [not many families with that many collectors, just saying]. Then they put her online at a scheduled time with all of the other exclusives, causing a scheduled chaos [you could say a scheduled site crash] and did nothing in the way of customer service to ensure fairness and to counter multiple orders.

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: July 28, 2012, 06:36:05 PM »
Whoa. Mine was delivered today. I didn't even get a shipping confirmation or anything, so I thought my order was still being processed. Even if they shipped from within California, that was still super quick. Placed my order Thursday morning and she came Saturday...crazy! She's totally adorable :)

I'm thrilled to have her, but it still seems wrong that I was able to get her when people who waited in line for hours at Comic Con left empty-handed, and so many many fans at the Fair didn't get their exclusive...  :huh:

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: July 28, 2012, 10:52:44 PM »
I know this is still the 'stalking Ditzy' thread, but I wanted to say - I got my Bubblecup today! I know, it makes no sense, seeing as I missed out on all of the HTS releases! (I'm still just as screwed-over as everyone else in that regard.) But I got lucky and made a trade for her last week, and she just got here today! She is so super-cute, I'm trying to decide whether I want to take her out or not! (I definitely want a loose one, but I'm not sure if I should open her, or try to buy a super-expensive one to open. Eugh!)

Anyway, I just wanted to update, since I'd hate to be like "man I still hate Hasbro!" and confuse people. I still hate Hasbro, but now I don't have to feel QUITE so much hate. ;) But still plenty of dislike to go around!

(I feel like this should be in my sig, I love to post it so much... XD)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal