collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pinkie's Crazy Train! tracks question!  (Read 10788 times)

cesprins

• Trade Count: (0)
Pinkie's Crazy Train! tracks question!
« on: February 25, 2012, 05:38:37 PM »
I was wondering if anyone saw just the tracks for pinkie's train anywhere on taobao? I'd like to make a longer track for the train. (Or if you don't want the tracks for your set, I'd happily buy them off you!) [size=78%]Or, if anyone had any toy train tracks they've used that fit the pinkie train, that'd be helpful.[/size]

I welcome picture sharing! Show me what you've done with your pinkie train! :)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pinkie's Crazy Train! tracks question!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 05:57:24 PM »
Hehe, I'm strongly, STRONGLY tempted to wait until the train set goes on sale, and buy it for the tracks... :yikes: I WANT A MONSTER PONY TRAIN SET SO BAD!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

toralei

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 06:03:33 PM »
Yeah, they should have add on tracks.. on another pony site somebody pointed out that the train, as shown on the tracks in a stock image, would crash into itself  :lol:

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 06:07:25 PM »
Yeah, they should have add on tracks.. on another pony site somebody pointed out that the train, as shown on the tracks in a stock image, would crash into itself  :lol:

*giggles* That would'nt be wery practical X) Oh Pinkie, you amuses me!

I'd love the train-set :) It looks adorable in pics <3
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

cesprins

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 06:12:16 PM »
Yeah, I'm testing out two toy tracks I have in the basement to see if they work with pinkie's train.

Ever since I was a little girl I had a vision of a my little pony room with a carousel for the ponies, a giant castle, and a train running around my room. So I was super excited when the g4 line released both of those! Like a dream come true, now if only I can get a long track line.....

Hehe, I'm strongly, STRONGLY tempted to wait until the train set goes on sale, and buy it for the tracks... :yikes: I WANT A MONSTER PONY TRAIN SET SO BAD!
I might do that too. haha

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 06:15:49 PM »
Oh, me too!  I even emailed the Hasbro Toy store asking if they would be releasing  more track separatly or maybe even with the extra train cars.  I pretty much got a "We don't know" response.

I have my train set up in this display

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 06:29:39 PM »
I was hoping for extra track as well.  My train won't pull the two extra cars as it is, though.  It keeps getting stuck.  It's like no one tested it.  Did anyone else have that problem?

cesprins

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 07:23:53 PM »
I was hoping for extra track as well.  My train won't pull the two extra cars as it is, though.  It keeps getting stuck.  It's like no one tested it.  Did anyone else have that problem?

Oh really? That's disappointing, I wanted to get the two cars, and one extra fluttershy one.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 07:43:47 PM »
I haven't found the cars yet.  I've been stalking a number of local stores waiting for them to come in.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 07:56:56 PM »
I think it stinks that they are skimping on giving little girls track. I've seen boy train sets have a lot more track that this.

I noticed that Lalaloopsie has a train set that is almost the same size but I don't know if that dollset train comes with track or not. I wonder 'if' the loppsie dolls do have track with they're train, if the track might possibly work together. I also wondered if maybe some other toy train tracks would work with it...maybe like Thomas the train tracks, maybe we could just find another toy set track that would work.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

cesprins

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 08:13:58 PM »
I think it stinks that they are skimping on giving little girls track. I've seen boy train sets have a lot more track that this.

I noticed that Lalaloopsie has a train set that is almost the same size but I don't know if that dollset train comes with track or not. I wonder 'if' the loppsie dolls do have track with they're train, if the track might possibly work together. I also wondered if maybe some other toy train tracks would work with it...maybe like Thomas the train tracks, maybe we could just find another toy set track that would work.

I saw that too! I thought the LLL train was super cute!!

I tried two tracks and both were too skinny. One was a christmas train set, and the other one was red tracks that I think went with a sesame street set. Not sure, it was from my childhood. It might be a problem to find other toy tracks that fit for the pinkie train because it's so wide.

Offline Bunny-san

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ponydex.com
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 09:01:17 PM »
I've already bought THREE trains, one to customize, and also just for the extra track. :D The  configurations are SO fun. But they need to do different shapes, because of the way they did the track shapes, once you pass two sets, it's very easy to get into track configurations that get into infinite loops that miss the REST of the awesome track config. You should SEE some of the fun we've spread out on the living room floor!!! OMG. Its amazing.

Thank you artists for my siggys!

cesprins

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 09:12:10 PM »
I've already bought THREE trains, one to customize, and also just for the extra track. :D The  configurations are SO fun. But they need to do different shapes, because of the way they did the track shapes, once you pass two sets, it's very easy to get into track configurations that get into infinite loops that miss the REST of the awesome track config. You should SEE some of the fun we've spread out on the living room floor!!! OMG. Its amazing.

oooo! I'd love to see some of your multitrack configurations! Please do share pics when you get a chance.

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 11:05:45 PM »

It doesn't!!! We have it With both carriages and the little cart and thought the same but it doesn't crash we were pleasantly surprised?!!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:07:23 PM by FlyingPonyMonster »

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 09:02:48 AM »
Guys we really, really need pics!!!

How many carriages and stuff are there? I keep seeing individual items in the shops, but never in the same place at the same time lol

Always looking for MLP erasers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal