collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Giving Thanks  (Read 748 times)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
Giving Thanks
« on: November 09, 2012, 06:28:28 AM »
Since Thanksgiving is just around the corner for US residents, I thought I'd take a few moments to post what I am thankful for.  I am thankful for my family and the beautiful life we have. 

I am so incredibly thankful for the Arena.  I was so terribly lonely before I found this wonderful place.  I can't believe the warmth, love and kindness I have found through the amazing members here. 

I am thankful for the tireless Mods who keep us safe from trolls, bad traders and scammers, and other negativity.  Thank you for all the behind the scenes work you all do.

I am so thankful for the beautiful friendships I've made this year.  You guys have helped me through such tough times.  I can't even express the generosity I've experienced this year from you all!  I appreciate every kind word, gift and warm wish!  My cup runneth over!

I am thankful for the G4 line that has given so much life to MLP.  And to Hasbro for not giving up on ponies...here's to 30 more years!!!!

Thank you everyone for posting your ponies, I love seeing everyone's collections!!  Please keep them coming:)

So what are you thankful for this year?

[moving to Off Topic ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 03:59:20 PM by hathorcat »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Giving Thanks
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 07:37:41 AM »
i'm thankfull for hte fact that my dads still here. and  hes  ok.  and enjoying the time with him i have,  i'm also greatfull for the really great  firends i've made here. and the very kind  and genreous people. and its  always nice to have a support system even if you haven't actuly met all of them in person  lol  i met some of you at he fair and you were all so super sweet.

and i'm thankfull that this board is her and it isnt full of negativity.. and  its  for any collectoer..  g1  to 64 broney or  non. and the fact  that  everyone  mostly is here to help. 

and  i'm thankfull for the mods. those i've met are very sweet in person as well  and very helpfull!! and those i havnet met but  had interactions  with are very nice to take the moment adn respond  to a situation. and awnser a question even if it sounds a bit silly.

and  also for the fact that people here dont berate you if you ask a seemingly stupid question that  i snewbish..  becuase  everyone has to start  somewhere.. and  here they lift you up instead of tearing you down.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 07:44:58 AM »
I'm thankful for the Arena and all my friends and fellow mods!

I haven't met all of you in person, but I cannot express how much joy you have all brought into my life; and how your kind words and encouragement have helped me through an incredibly difficult year!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 08:39:45 AM »
Great idea!
I am thankful that I have a roof over my head, no worries about being fed, and a steady income. I know there are so many people struggling with the economy right now, I feel very glad to have security. I'm of course thankful for this community, being here is like being with family.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 04:18:36 PM »
I'm thankful for my wife and our little dog babies, mostly the family we have made together.  I'm thankful for my parents still being here (since most of my family has passed away) and my sister. I'm thankful for having two very good friends at work that support me and help me. Ones that make the rough load a little easier.

Although things are shaky currently I'm thankful to have a job and a home with the ability to support myself. I'm also thankful for my talents and the joys my life brings me.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 04:23:55 PM »
I am thankful for the arena and all the wonderful members I have met , on top of that I am very thankful for the comity here for all the help in putting play sets together.  I am also thankful that my families car is working and that I have a job. Also that I will be able to go on vacation and spend time with my baby sister.

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 04:27:41 PM »
I'm thankful for the arena and their members as well as for my own forum. :)

Also that my kitty Britje feels much better after her capital operation and that I have her and our both other kitties Maya & Shiva.

I'm thankful that I added my absolutely personal pony grail to my collection these year.

And I'm thankful for my friends, penpals and my family.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 04:50:13 PM »
I'm thankful for everything. Sometimes my life is not so easy, but I'm always grateful for all of it. Every part of my life, good or bad, I am grateful for. And yes, most definitely thankful for the arena and my arena friends. :hamster:

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 05:52:42 PM »
I'm thankful for my health and my parents' health. That's the most important thing for me.
I'm thankful for having this wonderful place to come to. When life is grey, here is always colour. Though I haven't made any friends on here (yet), I'm thankful for the wonderful people on this site.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 06:06:08 PM »
I am thankful to michelle53 for starting this thread and saying so many nice things about the members here :lovey:

I am also thankful that I weight 18.5kgs less than I did this time last year,and I finally feel like a member of the human race again.

I am thankful my family and friends are all safe and well

I am thankful for my horse and how well she is going

I am thankful for our beautiful house by the beach

... and I am thankful to cookie for being the best little blue friend ever :lovey:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 06:39:57 AM »
It's been very hard for me to see the forest for the trees lately, so to say, but sometimes you do need to step back and reexamine.

I'm thankful for my son, who is bright, inquisitive, and brings so much joy to everyone he meets.  May he never lose those traits as he grows up.

I'm thankful for my physical health which has stayed pretty stable recently, despite a bout of stomach flu, which is the least of my worries.

I'm thankful I have a roof over my head at this moment at least.

I'm thankful for the small joys.

I'm thankful for my friends.  I have some pretty awesome ones who'll either kick my ass or pick me up, cry with me or get drunk with me, whichever I need.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 07:39:06 AM »
Beautiful idea, michelle53! ^.^  Even though my Thanksgiving is past, it's Remembrance Day here, and a great day - as any day - to stop and count one's blessings.

Above and beyond everything, I'm so thankful for my son.  He may march to the beat of his own drummer (yeah, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree at all :P), but he's happy, healthy, brilliant, and so darned profound it makes me stop and just go wow sometimes.  (This year for Christmas, he asked for nothing, as he has what he wants already; he asked for me and for his grandparents to receive what we want.  Last year he wrote to Santa asking for all the poor people to be fed.  Good kid. ^.^)

I'm thankful my folks are still with us, in spite of numerous medical concerns.  I may not have always appreciated them when I was growing up, but their wit and love stays with me always, and I'm deeply grateful that they're there to be in my son's and my life.

I'm thankful for the roof over my head, the food in my pantry, the warm clothes in winter, and the job that helps provide all these things for us.  Even though I dreamed of being something else, it's far from the worst job I've ever held, and my coworkers are by and large a good bunch.

I'm thankful that though my son and I don't have much, we have enough to share with food banks and homeless shelters, so that those who have less than we do can have a bit of help through the rougher times.

And of course, I'm thankful for the Arena and all the wonderful ponies and pony people on it!  I don't have very many friends in real life, but I make up for it with the splendid folks here - you are all fantastic, and I'm grateful for you all! :hug:

It is a miracle if you can find true friends, and it is a miracle if you have enough food to eat, and it is a miracle if you get to spend your days and evenings doing whatever it is you like to do, and the holiday season - like all the other seasons - is a good time not only to tell stories of miracles, but to think about the miracles in your own life, and to be grateful for them (...). - Lemony Snicket, The Lump of Coal

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 07:53:02 AM »
I really love reading these posts!  So many wonderful things to be thankful for!!!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 03:04:37 PM »
I'm thankful for:

my wonderful loving husband
our wonderful loving kitty
my wonderful loving family
a wonderful loving God who is always there for me
all the wonderful things in my collections, ponies, Lion King etc
HD tv
having enough food to eat everyday
my nice warm house
the beautiful eastern kentucky mountain scenery
wonderful friends both in rl and online particularly those online and real life that have stuck around for many years

Lots to be thankful for, yup.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Echo_Shell

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • De Omnibus Dubitandem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2012, 06:50:06 PM »
Spiders

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal