collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits Lets Go Round 3 Challenge 6 Posted Anytime Sign up:)  (Read 19214 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
RULES
1. You can not gain more then 2 points in 1 day.
2. You can only gain more then 2 points a day if you participate in a challenge
3. Keep record of your points
4. Be helpful and supportive:)
5. You can sign up at anytime. Just start tracking your points from the day you posted your sign up

Challenge #1
1. Admit something about yourself. Something you need to work on. That is 1 point. Make a Solution to solve or make this not a big issue. 1 point. Do this starting today (Tuesday) and end on Sunday. Measure your progress. Did you succeed 2 points. Did you feel you could have done better 1 point. Did you feel like you failed...0.5 for trying No more then 4 points for this challenge

Challenge example: I am addicted to junk food. From candy to fast food I waste a lot of money that could be going to ponies. I am at a horrible financial bind right now and really need to stop my addiction. (1 Point for admitting) I already broke today(Tuesday) :( I will start Wed. I will put $0.25 in a piggy bank for each day I do not spurge or take on junk food. In hopes that I will have saved for a Blind Bag(1 Point for solution)

Challenge #2
What is the biggest change you want to do? Say it to the mirror and believe it.
Sounds easy.....do this for 7 days. You do not have to post the change just "I did the challenge"

Example: This is mine
"I will not look at myself as the fat girl. I will stop fluctuating in weight as I work on my emotions and self image. If i want to be Mrs. America I need to start looking and acting like I am my dream. I will reach my dream" this is repeated each day in the mirror:)
You do not have to post what you say to the mirror. But you do have to post...
"I did the challenge"
One point each day you do the challenge....it has to be in a row. The most you can gain is 7 points. This can start at any time and go for 7 days.

Challenge 3 its a new month! Treat it like New Years eve. Look back and remember a time you felt awesome:) tell us about it. Second tell us what do you hope to achieve this goal...and now the real challenge tell us how you did:) 1 point for awesome story 3 tell us your hope and 5 points for remembering to post at the end of the month.

Example: I felt awesome doing Mrs Iowa 2010. I was still about 150lbs but a few months ago i was 197lbs....I gave up soda and alcohol and really got active. I took 1st runner up and i felt so beautiful and felt great. My goal this month is to learn 5 holiday songs for my students and get  2 weeks of no extras.

CHALLENGE 4: This is a challenge to last the rest of the Healthy Habits for Ponies. First part of a challenge is to pick something simple to improve upon. Maybe its walking upstairs each day, or eating a veggitable each day, or dusting a room each day. Its one simple task that we want to hold for 7 days.
My task is to sit at the piano for a minimum of 5min. I do not have to play but I do have to sit there. In my hopes will get me into a system that allows me to get better and practicing the piano.

Challenge 5! You get a reward for posting! Yup so for every 3 posts give yourself a point. This will go until the end of the event. Jan 2. If you get to the point were you have 1 or 2 posts left over give your self another point:) Each post makes a difference and we all need to get a reward for keeping this going and working towards healthy ponies:)
Please send a PM to me with your total points and mailing address. Those who fail to do so will not get a chance to pick a pony:) If you have lost track of points just use the points you gained with Challenge 5:) Please pick your top 10 Fave ponies from this link. http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Skeen-ka/SALE/ or http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,292162.0.html (Strawberry Reef and Apple Jack are gone at the moment. There is also random baits. They will be mailed to you by surprise:)
This will be a 2 point system. We like to keep things simple. Give yourself 1 point for working towards your goal. That one point is about what you have done for your goal. Maybe it was looking up new healthy recipes or for taking a moment to focus on something. Did you do something that would help you reach your goal? Then give yourself 1 point:)

1 point for feeling healthy for the day. You may have not have gotten a work out in, but do you feel that you ate well? Do you feel that you made good choices about your healthy food and work out? If you feel like you had a healthy day give yourself 1 point:)

So on to sign up.

Please PM Me or post here :biggrin:

User Name:
What is/are long term goals?
What are the steps you are taking to reach that goal?
What is healthy for you?
How will you reward yourself?

Sign ups go from Today to Oct 1. Then for Oct 2 to Jan 2 we will all work to become healthy ponies:) Suggestions and comments are welcome. Please try to pop in at least once a week if you can. It is not required, but it helps with the support group. Also keep track of your points. You may post them here, or write them down...but you are responsible for them.

Getting to know your host :blush:

Crowning_Glory13
What is your long term goals? I want to have a schedule of playing the piano and working out. I would love to regularly tone my body with a system of work outs, and would like to work in 210min a week of practice time or 5 times a week practice. To stop having extra snacks/fast food.

What are my steps are making this goal:
I plan to start small. I am using 5 min a day for 5 days or 70min a week. Each week I want to build up on them. My goal is to make it 7 days with out eating extra snacks/food. Once I can build on the 7 I will want to keep going longer. I will also do mini work outs in the morning and build longer reps and add it to my evening as well.

What is Healthy for me?
Healthy for me is eating good foods. Eating smaller portions and having a more active lifestyle. Having occasional treats that are with my husband. If I feel great about the choices I have made at the end of the day, I am happy.

How will I reward myself? I have ponies to clean so that will be a treat if I can have a good week. I also have wave 4 blind bags that I might use as a treat. Caberry(Sp) has made Halloween eggs. Huge cal but they are good and could be a special treat. I do know more things will come a long:)

Come join the fun:)
1. ZennaBug
2. Kaoskat
3. LeighAnnAparities
4. Kiwimlp
5. Ivaness
6. Gargoylekitty
7. Cumberbatch2012
8. Aellos
9. Mercynova
10. SourdoughStomper
11. Salli
12. Renee_Chan
13. Talismarr
14. HorsingAround
15. Ponytails
16. Candy_Bang
17. Kakenterprise
18. Crowning_Glory13
19. HollowZero
20. JazzMatazz
21. Eskara1862
22. LemonTwist
23. Ren-Ren
24. Honeycomb

PM me if I have missed you

We can always have more:)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 10:08:33 AM by Crowning_Glory13 »
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Habits Lets Go Round 3 Sign Ups!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 01:51:09 PM »
I'm in. I don't need prizes, just support and a place to check in :D I'll fill my form out this evening :)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 02:26:36 PM »
I'll join again.  I don't even really need prizes, just the support and accountability.

User Name:  ZennaBug

What are my long term goals?  To slowly increase fitness (within my surgical limitations) and to make healthy eating a habit, rather than a chore.  I want to fit back into my skinny jeans and get back all of my energy and motivation.

What are my steps towards making this goal: I will continue to work out 3x/week at the gym (ride my bike there, 1-hour yoga class, then cool-down laps in the pool) until I get the go-ahead from my doctor to add in a little more.  Then, I may increase my gym visits or just add in some weights.  I want to be ready to start jogging and jump into harder exercise when my limitations are lifted mid-late January.  I will also keep up with my new gluten-free diet and work on cooking more fresh and healthy meals, rather than eat out or eat frozen.

What is "Healthy" for me?  For me, healthy is when I wake up and feel good in my body.  When I'm not always tired all the time and when walking the dogs is fun, not exhausting.  I just want to feel good, looking good will follow.

How will I reward myself?  I am buying a new BJD soon.  For every week that I meet my fitness and nutrition goals, I will put $10 into a special account so I can buy her a really nice face up, a nice wig, some cute clothes, etc.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 03:29:57 PM »
I think I will join this time..... I'm finding eating better is more difficult to do on my own than I thought it would be...... This.... I'm not sure what I'm doing here, but I'm trying.

User Name: kaoskat

What is/are long term goals? To feel better. I spend so much time tired and feeling hungry even when I'm full. My medicine makes me sleepy all the time so that may not change but eating better can't hurt right? I need to make sure I get more nutrients. My goal isn't really to eat less junk but more to eat more good things (and less junk will come with that because my tummy only holds so much I guess). The problem is most of what I eat really IS potatoes. Sometimes that's really all I eat all day. I didn't used to but.....Some things changed and now I do. And I think it's making me sick. I know it's making me feel hungry when I'm full because I need more nutrients. Oh, and to learn to stop eating when my tummy is full and not when I'm so full I'm sick. (There's a long awful story behind why I do this that I won't get into here, but it needs to change.)

What are the steps you are taking to reach that goal? I'm going to try to eat at least one food from each food group everyday. I'm going to try really hard to remember my vitamins everyday (they make me sick if I don't take them with meals and I always forget). I'm going to try to limit my portions a bit to help me be more mindful of when my tummy is full and I'm not just making it over full every time I eat.

What is healthy for you? I...... I don't know.... :sad: Maybe..... Not being hungry all the time because my body has everything it needs and not feeling sick because I've eaten more than I should have. And just feeling better in general. And maybe, if I'm lucky, not being sick so much or so tired all the time.

How will you reward yourself? This one took even more thinking. But I think I've thought of something. I'll talk hubby into taking me out for cocoa at Books A Million! I love their cocoa! Or a smoothie at Smoothie King if it's hot (and that can even count as my fruit for the day! It would be win win!).

I think I did this right.....

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 04:44:14 PM »
I have a feeling the next few months are going to be more stressful than healthy, so I will opt out this time. Maybe I will do round 4. Good luck to everyone who signs up!
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 04:52:23 PM »
No worries we will all work together into finding out what is best and healthy for each other. Applesare a natural source of caffine:) honey crisp are my faves sweet but have a tart flavor
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 08:51:21 PM »
I'm in! I've kinda fallen off the wagon here recently, but having a place to check in and such wonderful supportive folks to encourage me has made such a great difference, so I'm excited to do this again!

User Name: LeighAnnApanites

Long term goals: Ultimately I need to lose about 60 pounds. I expect that will take me a little over a year. My goal for the next three months is to weigh less in Jan then I do now. I will continue to improve my diet (it's already a lot better. I'm SO happy about that!) both in content and consistency. I will also increase my physical activity, with the ultimate goal being an appropriate amount of activity/exercise daily.

What's the plan?: For food, I'm going to continue eating the stuff I've been eating that's so yummy and good for me and keep finding foods and recipes that fit in to my cooking and meal planning style (super fast and easy and I don't have to think about it!  :lol:). I'm not going to actually count calories, strictly, but I am going to shoot for around 1500-1750 calories a day. So not counting, but roughly estimating.  For exercising I'm going to keep trying to work my favorite awesome program. I love it because it's tough, but when I do it, I feel really great and see results quickly. I'm planning to try an experiment and sign a contract with myself to do it regularly and see if that will make it important enough in my mind to make the time to do it.

What's healthy for me?: Feeling fit and strong. Having enough energy to keep up with my daughter and doing cool stuff with her, instead of teaching her how to sit on the couch and watch tv. And not only knowing what my body wants, but actually giving it to it, instead of ignoring it and force feeding it junk food. Poor body  :(

What are my rewards?: This is one I always have trouble with. I can never think of things that are inexpensive and motivating enough for them to be practical and effective. Ooooo, this just occurred to me, maybe I can arrange for some extra free-from-mommy-responsibilities time as a reward. I'll have to think about that some more, see if I can work it out. Beyond that, I got nothing . . . at least so far.

Thanks Crowning_Glory13! It's so awesome to be able to keep doing this! Prizes unnecessary, just the love and support of all the amazing pony people!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 09:55:05 PM »
:hug: @ Kat!  Making any kind of change on your own is hard.  These threads have been incredibly helpful for me, just for the support system.  I love potatoes and eat them all the time too, the key is adding in other things.  Try cutting red potatoes into slices and stir-frying them with broccoli, red pepper, carrots, green beans, and some basil.  That + some rice is a pretty standard meal for me.  I stir-fry them in olive oil with some spices tossed in (I like dried basil, rosemary, thyme, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and pepper).  So yummy!  I also have a bunch of recipes (all gluten-free) that I transferred into PDF files from internet recipes.  If you ever want some, shoot me a PM and I'll email them to you.  So far, they've all been yummy and most are relatively healthy.  I've got some killer salad recipes that are so good I don't even miss the junk food when I'm eating them.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 12:00:32 AM »
Yay!  I'd love to sign up please, Crowning_Glory :frolic:

User Name:Kiwimlp

What is/are long term goals? To continue with my weight loss.  I would like to lose another 10-15kgs on top of what I aready have and then find the balance to keep it off for good.

What are the steps you are taking to reach that goal? Exercising reguarly, not eating takeaways/cakes/lollies.  Keeping myself motivated by trying on the small clothes I have in my wardrobe

What is healthy for you?  Being slim enought to fit my skinny jeans! I still want to have plenty of energy though and not become obsessed with what I can or can't eat.

How will you reward yourself?  So far I am spending money on myself for the first time in years.  I've splurged on just about everything except clothes (because I still don't feel slim enough to look fab in them).  I've bought ear-rings, sparkly clutch handbags, got my eyebrows waxed and my lashes tinted.... um shoes.... and a tone of other things too :frolic:

Thank you for doing this, Crowning_Glory. It's great I will still have somewhere to check in when 'healthy habits' ends.

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 05:43:27 AM »
I should REALLY be game. But, I have WAY too many issues to work on. ><  Does it have to be weight loss? Can it be cleanliness habits??  I'm a terrible housekeeper and that is what I need to work on. (And losing weight, and not jumping down peoples throats.... /hangs head)

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 06:41:34 AM »
Ivaness if you check out mine...its more about practicing my piano skills. Yeas i have some weight loss but this is about a healthy habit you want for your self. If cleaning is something you eant to change for the better it works:)

No one is stuck to what the post. I could reach my piano goal in a month so maybe i will add a dancing goal. Ir i could find out there is only so much time i can offer for piano and make my goal to get that limit. Healthy to you just means what eould make you feel better about you:)

All should join the fun:)

Yes this has a lot of major holidays but you can adjust. Normally i pig out iver stuff and sit on my but during the holidays....well my hope is to have some control and be more active....yes it will be more cals then i want but if i can not eat till i am sick and maybe do a mini work out i will be proud of my choices and still give myself a point:)

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 06:49:18 AM »
Awesome!

User Name: Ivaness ;D
What is/are long term goals? To not live in a pig sty. To learn how to maintain a clean house and gain a healthy outlook on cleaning. (Instead of dreading it.) Also to not buy things I absolutely don't need.
What are the steps you are taking to reach that goal? Making dishes a nightly occurrance, vacuuming and sweeping every other day, mopping once a week. (Laundry done as needed)
What is healthy for you? Healthy for me is having a clean house so if anything happens I won't be so overwhelmed by it.
How will you reward yourself? Wish I could talk my boyfriend into giving me a foot rub... But, let me think of something realistic. :D  Talk my boyfriend into giving me an allowance (lol) that will go towards my customizing ponies. (So like paints, dyes... that kind of thing.)

*These goals might change during the coarse of time.

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 06:59:49 AM »
I want to join, and a prize is not really needed. I just need to figure out a goal. I already walk every day, and I've been eating a low carb diet for 6 months. Wheat-free, grain-free, starch-free, and sugar-free. It's a completely ingrained way of life, and I won't look back.

I want to lose some more weight, but I've lost as much as my low-functioning thyroid will allow me. :shakefist: @ thyroid gland.

Maybe my goal is to keep walking as I'm losing a little bit of motivation for it. Also, being a cheerleader for others in this thread could be a goal. I'll think about it. :think: I can also share my tips and how to go on virtual walks if anyone wants to exercise by walking.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 08:11:11 AM »
Sounds great sourdoughstomper:) goals could be finding something fun instead of just walking:) sometimes a new adventure can give different results like toning:)

Even if you feel you do not have a goal it is ok. Maybe as we progress a goal eill come to you:)

gargoylekitty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 09:03:37 AM »
What is/are long term goals? To finish my first marathon in November, without dying :P, and to be able to achieve a perfect score on the USMC PFT(70 seconds flexed arm hang, 100 crunches, and a 21 minute 3 mile run) & CFT(3:23 800 yard run, 60 ammo lifts, and 3:01 maneuver under fire). The former I just need 10 seconds and 20 crunches more and 20 seconds less(i think...) and the latter I'm actually good on but still want to improve my ammo lifts.

Also, sleep better(fewer to none 2-3 hour nights!) and eat better. Cut back on my time online, which keeps me up plenty of nights, quit soda and cut back majorly on candy and chips. More raw vegan dishes.

Also, also, improving on my organizational skills(or at least applying them to my personal life instead of just at work). I want to finally 100% clean my space and keep it that way.

What are the steps you are taking to reach that goal? Following the this program in marathon training. Attending PT one to two times a week along with poolee functions once a month. Exercising on my own, at least 100 crunches and 50 push-ups a day along with lifting weights and looking into other forms of exercise. Riding my bike to work and wherever else I can.

For nutrition, no skipping meals and make sure I always have something(luna bar, apple, whatever) on me in case of hunger. For sleep, less internet, especially at night. For organizing, I'll make a chart and do something every day until it is done and then make a rotational one to keep on top of it(or something like that, lol).

What is healthy for you? Being strong, having plenty of energy, a nice clean space in which to relax and work on personal projects, getting plenty of sleep, and generally just feeling good about myself and who I am.

How will you reward yourself? I have some Monster High dolls and ponies I've yet to unbox, for each good week I will pick one out and open it to add to the collection. Also, more hydro massages!

I think that's all... got a lot to do.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal