collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have we had a discussion on the anniversary plushes (BF/G1) yet?  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Have we had a discussion on the anniversary plushes (BF/G1) yet?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2023, 02:31:10 AM »
Well how would you let a manufacturer/seller know that the product is not as advertised? I saw later a link that you can report these kind of things like the packaging on Amazon.

It's almost like you go to a restaurant. If the menu is not your taste, you will not like the food. But if waiters are rude you do want to mention that.

Where I live the basic fun ponies are never in the local shops. So I am dependant on online shops and conventions.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2023, 08:13:12 AM »
Mentioning it in the review is one thing, I agree if something doesn't match the sale photos it should be mentioned, it's just the low-star reviews I don't agree with since they're misleading at a quick glance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2023, 08:37:45 AM »
Mentioning it in the review is one thing, I agree if something doesn't match the sale photos it should be mentioned, it's just the low-star reviews I don't agree with since they're misleading at a quick glance.

Yes, that's what I'm getting at as well.

The packaging is important, it should be mentioned. But a low star rating for the product based almost entirely on the packaging is in my opinion too much. This is a toy. It's designed to be taken out of the package and played with. All the reviews are about the packaging, which for most kids won't be an issue. The hair doesn't come out, the fabric is soft, the toy is nice. But if people avoid buying it because of all those low star reviews...that could impact the whole of the line and any future releases that may have been considered.

Not everyone reads the reviews, especially in multiple languages. It feels a bit over the top for something that is important to mention but not the core of the whole product. Knock off a star for the issue, fine. But someone has genuinely left a 1 star review because of it :/.

I would have thought asking Basic Fun, or reporting to Amazon the mistake in the listing makes more sense.

Nothing is more likely to sabotage potential future releases than Amazon not being able to sell these products because of poor reviews that aren't really to do with the quality of the toy. :/

I can't get the ponies in stores much now because I no longer live in London - I may see the CP set release here, I don't know. But the plushes seem to be 100% online at present, and Amazon is the biggest current retailer of them across Europe. So basically this is the only feedback people are going to see in an open space outside of collector forums.

Bigger picture :/
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 08:54:11 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2023, 11:19:26 PM »
I agree, 1 star is too negative.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2023, 05:49:16 PM »
I recieved my Glory plush in the mail today. The packaging was not as shown in the pictures, but... unlike the reviewers I don't care. Lol.

Here's the packaging I received her in:

The plush itself is ADORABLE.  :lovey: Now I'm going to feel like I need Moondancer for sure. lol Hopefully they come to the US soon, because $67 is too much.

|My Collection|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2023, 07:35:37 AM »
Not sure where else to put this, I guess this works -

It's probably been confirmed elsewhere (I dunno, I don't really look anywhere else for pony stuff), but I haven't seen any posts about it on here, so just to confirm - The 40th Anniversary Collector ponies are exact re-releases of the 35th ann ver, they DO NOT have the new "40th" symbols that were shown previously. The only difference is the box and brush (which DOES have a 40th ann. sticker on it).

Honestly pretty disappointed by this, I know a lot of peeps on here hated the 40th symbols, but I was hoping for *some* sort of obvious difference between the releases - I hoped maybe just one side had the 40 or something - but nope. Good if you missed the last release, but still a bit of a shame I think. Ah well. But yeah, just wanted to confirm that in case anyone was wondering about it :)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2023, 09:17:58 AM »
Yea, I was a little sad about the missing 40.  But, I do like that the box is different and the brush has 40.  It might be because people missed it and want the pony for their kids/grandkids.

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2023, 12:28:25 PM »
@Harmonie, I know right? Glory has taken over my beanbag (actually, right now she's taken over my bed as I'm sitting on the beanbag) because I don't want to put her away anywhere, but I also don't want to mess up her hair. I think the ponies are such nice quality, and like you don't care about the packaging.

No idea what shipping to the US would cost you but Moondancer is about $20 on UK amazon atm.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Pony-35332-Anniversary-Collectable/dp/B0BJXWXNL2

I have Moondancer coming, so far I've not gone after Firefly too (space is already crying, Moondancer will have to share the beanbag!) but I do think them lovely.

Carrehz, given the apparent cutbacks on the plush release, I'm not overly surprised by that tbh. It is kind of nice with the box and the comb. I'm debating getting one to keep MIB but I would rather buy one in person if I can, to ensure I don't just get a regular boxed one instead from online. Also I was going to get Blossom, because I don't have the 35th anniversary one - but of course that's the one that Amazon don't have ;)

« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 01:16:01 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2023, 02:00:03 PM »
The shipping doubles that. Thank you for letting me know, though. =)

EDIT: Wait, I don't know the UK to US currency rates, but even doubled from that amount, it should be significantly cheaper than the US Amazon listing for $67. Like around half that? But again, I don't know the rates.

I previously tried going for an UK listing on eBay but my card wasn't accepted because of the currency I think, I wonder if it would be any different here? I'm needing to be careful with my money right now because my bills are coming out and I just made a large purchase that unfortunately came out twice putting me in a not so great situation at this moment. Hopefully next Friday when I get paid I can look into it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 02:37:50 PM by Harmonie »

|My Collection|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2023, 03:11:59 PM »
Yeah, I think it was probably just cheaper/easier for them to do more-or-less a straight re-release.

I'm debating getting one to keep MIB but I would rather buy one in person if I can, to ensure I don't just get a regular boxed one instead from online.

What do you mean? :o I thought these were only coming in one box style.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2023, 07:16:00 PM »
I recieved my Glory plush in the mail today. The packaging was not as shown in the pictures, but... unlike the reviewers I don't care. Lol.

Here's the packaging I received her in:

The plush itself is ADORABLE.  :lovey: Now I'm going to feel like I need Moondancer for sure. lol Hopefully they come to the US soon, because $67 is too much.

I'm glad someone posted a picture of the plush in the packaging.  I'm disappointed that Basic Fun decided to go with a bag instead of the box we saw at in the Toy Fair pics, but that being said, I agree with everyone that the packaging should be mentioned, but leaving 1 star reviews just because of that isn't right.  The plush looks great and so far everyone has had good things to say about the plush itself.   

I hope these come to the US soon.  I really want at least one of them if I can't get them all.

Not sure where else to put this, I guess this works -

It's probably been confirmed elsewhere (I dunno, I don't really look anywhere else for pony stuff), but I haven't seen any posts about it on here, so just to confirm - The 40th Anniversary Collector ponies are exact re-releases of the 35th ann ver, they DO NOT have the new "40th" symbols that were shown previously. The only difference is the box and brush (which DOES have a 40th ann. sticker on it).

Honestly pretty disappointed by this, I know a lot of peeps on here hated the 40th symbols, but I was hoping for *some* sort of obvious difference between the releases - I hoped maybe just one side had the 40 or something - but nope. Good if you missed the last release, but still a bit of a shame I think. Ah well. But yeah, just wanted to confirm that in case anyone was wondering about it :)

I know I wasn't a big fan of the 40th anniversary symbols, but I was also glad they were a little different than the first release.  I'm not sure if I want to get a 40th anniversary edition just for a different box. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2023, 07:39:08 PM »
Yeah, I admit I'm sort of second-guessing buying her now... I'm not usually one to keep things MIB, but it seems a bit silly to debox her when I already have a deboxed 35th ann. version and there's no difference between them! :P The boxes are really cute and the different brushes ARE a nice touch, I just would've liked some clear difference between the two versions besides that.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2023, 08:15:08 AM »
I haven't even seen these yet... but I doubt I will.  Canada is really terrible at getting the Basic Fun products into stores .
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2023, 10:21:50 AM »
Yeah, I think it was probably just cheaper/easier for them to do more-or-less a straight re-release.

I'm debating getting one to keep MIB but I would rather buy one in person if I can, to ensure I don't just get a regular boxed one instead from online.

What do you mean? :o I thought these were only coming in one box style.

I mean the original release - since I'm sure Amazon have a bunch of those still stashed away and won't know/care about the difference in dispatch xD.

My plush Moondancer came today. Wow her hair is such a bright  pink (lol). I like it though. She and Glory look like they're debating whether a gold or a silver horn is cooler ;)

@Harmonie, the £ is quite weak against the $ still I think, but obviously make the decisions that work best for your budget. It would help to have some firm data on the release date/schedule for the US so you know what the situation is and whether the US prices will come down.

ETA: £14.99 is roughly $18.50. I don't know if that helps at all.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 01:02:04 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2023, 12:24:28 PM »
Ohhh I get you. I got mine from Toys R Us if it helps, they had them specifically marked as 40th anniversary and I don't think they'd have any old stock :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal