collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 102976 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1035 on: October 16, 2023, 09:20:39 AM »
Stupid eBay! I just listed some things and didn't notice eBay had enabled Best Offer on all of them. No! Bad eBay! I did not want that :mad:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1036 on: October 16, 2023, 10:01:38 AM »
PBW i had some success with a manual "snake" drain clog remover. though if you haven't used the sink much and it's still clogged i imagine whatever is clogging it going to be scary and probably smelly. it's a good solution though if you want to avoid pouring harsh chemicals down the drain.

my complaint today is me and my husband disagree on what the temperature of the house should be. he likes it really warm in the winter. he would turn the heat to 73 degrees if i let him. i think anything above 70 is way too hot.  i hate hot weather and prefer to be on the colder side. i like to avoid turning on the heat if possible. so now that it's getting colder the temperature wars are starting. :huh:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1037 on: October 16, 2023, 12:12:36 PM »
^ Tell him a person can always put on more clothes, get under a blanket or drink something warm to get warm, but there's only so much someone who is hot can do without a pool. I used to tell my dad that all the time, because he liked it warmer too, but the rest of us would sweat and be miserable. We usually won in the end.

I opened my windows today. I forgot Mondays are when the landscaping guys come. So I have raw nerves form listening to all the mowing, blowing, and trimming. Also my allergies are going crazy now, as are Aster's. My head is pounding and my eyes are sore.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 16, 2023, 09:18:51 PM »
Thanks BC and Ponyfan! :) Sorry your earrings got stuck Ponyfan! Mine did too and I still remember how painful it was when my dad did finally manage to get them out. I won’t lie, I’m a little afraid of having to take the news ones out for that reason haha! :lol: I think these are healing well though, as of today I hardly feel them there at all.

PBW, I’ve used liquid plumber on my skinks and showers and it’s worked wonders! Unfortunately my drains don’t have proper covers, so I have hair clogs often. I hope you find something that clears it up!

My stomach is super messed up and I don’t even know why. I didn’t eat anything recently that is a usual trigger. :huh:

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1039 on: October 17, 2023, 12:38:34 AM »
I'm home for the second day with a fever and has called out the remaining days of the week. Yesterday was spent sleeping. Today I'm a bit better but stil feverish. I did try some pineapple and wow, that really did clear out the phlegm/slime, whatever it's called in English, from the throat. Not bad at all :).
Anyway, the problem is that my mom, sister and her kids were coming to town today to visit grandpa and I had promised to be there too before my work shift. I had totally forgotten and told my sister just now and my little nephew is devastated. He had all these things packed so we could play picknic. She said he cried a bit. I feel so bad for him :(.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 17, 2023, 04:52:31 AM »
Beth I'll give that snake a hunt, if not, we have a company called Mr Muscle who makes stuff for unclogging plugholes, so that's also something to hunt.
Also Beth, agree on the extra clothes thing. There's nothing wrong with adding a layer or two when the weather grows colder. Cold you can always wrap up. Hot is not so good, plus I think it does more harm, to both us & the environment, if there's too much of a difference between outside temp & inside.

Beldarna get well soon!!! And it is phlegm!!! I hate it personally!!!
Minty Magic talk to a doc or nurse. If you have a phone-in medical service, talk to them, & be honest.
BC I'm glad the one thing I've never had is hay fever-related allergies!!! Poor you & moggie xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1041 on: October 17, 2023, 06:54:01 AM »
I bought these kind of expensive handmade super warm socks from Etsy. I had bought two pairs for my mom and she loves them so I decided to get a pair for myself. They are one size fits all. No problem on my left foot, it's nice and toasty. My right foot is the one that's swollen all the time from some kind of injury years ago. I have a hard time with socks not fitting and these are no different. I finally, with much effort, was able to get it above my ankle but just barely. It doesn't feel like it's going to come off so that's good. I was just frustrated because I love socks and 75% of the time I can't wear one on that foot. That's the main reason I want to learn to knit, so I can custom make my own socks.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 18, 2023, 03:15:12 AM »
This is a bit political. Three morons, none of them Swedes, found a loophole in our constitution of the right to free speech and demonstration and burned a bunch of holy books, pissing of an entire region in the world, known for harvesting extreme terorism. The regions are not only mad at the ones who did it (who walks free) but also on us Swedes. We condemn what happened to those books, but due to law it was allowed to happen again and again. Freedom of speech and demonstration were not meant to spread that kind of action and hate, but it did and our politicians are working hard trying to find a way to block that while not stopping our fundamental rights.
Anyway, those actions have now harvested their first death victims, in Belgium of all places. ISIS is taking responsibility for shooting three innocent people, two who died, just for being Swedish. It's madness -_-.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 18, 2023, 07:35:47 AM »
It makes me sad to read that, Beldarna.  :(

Yesterday was a day. :(  My mom and I got in to it again over my monthly shot.  I was worried about the insurance covering it but she said I shouldn't be worried because the office had called and said everything would be fine.  She got so annoyed at me that she called the primary care drs office and they said there was no active referral for the office where I get my shot.  After that I called the place where I get my shot and talked to one of the admins for about 15-20 min to figure out what was going on.  Part of the problem was the counter on the computer didn't count my visits correctly.  According to the computer, I had one visit left, but the truth is that I had already used all of them.   Long story short, the new referral will activate soon, but I had to change my shot appointment so that it falls within the new referral. The office also told me they go directly to the insurance company and not through the primary care dr.

I wanted to go to the store yesterday and get a movie that I had been wanting to see and a book.  I got to thinking about what the primary care drs office said about the referral.  I realized that the primary care drs office was going to issue another referral since they didn't know about the other one.  So I didn't really get to enjoy going to the store as much as I had hoped because I realized I needed to call the primary care drs office back and stop them from making another referral.  I managed to call them before they sent in the request for one. 

I was completely exhausted all day yesterday.  I felt really weird too.  I guess that's proof that I can't handle full time work right now 

Another one of my nails broke off when I was putting my socks away.  :(  Now I have to get it fixed and hope the salon doesn't get upset because this is the 2nd nail that's broken in 10 days.

Sometimes I don't like my life.  :(

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1044 on: October 18, 2023, 08:03:09 AM »
@Beldarna ugh why are people like this? everything has been so horrible lately.

:hug: :hug: Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 08:04:45 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 18, 2023, 08:08:24 AM »
This is a bit political. Three morons, none of them Swedes, found a loophole in our constitution of the right to free speech and demonstration and burned a bunch of holy books, pissing of an entire region in the world, known for harvesting extreme terorism. The regions are not only mad at the ones who did it (who walks free) but also on us Swedes. We condemn what happened to those books, but due to law it was allowed to happen again and again. Freedom of speech and demonstration were not meant to spread that kind of action and hate, but it did and our politicians are working hard trying to find a way to block that while not stopping our fundamental rights.
Anyway, those actions have now harvested their first death victims, in Belgium of all places. ISIS is taking responsibility for shooting three innocent people, two who died, just for being Swedish. It's madness -_-.

I've often wondered how nice a world we could live in if people would stop intentionally being jerks to each other.  It's not like it's hard to do but some people just can't seem to manage it.

My trivial complaint is that we're supposed to be hiring like 12 people before we open our new building in January.  So between now and January we need to post the jobs, hire people, and train them, all while moving into a new building.  Yesterday, a co-worker asked when we were going to post the jobs because people have been asking us for months.  The director's response was "soon" because she "didn't have the job descriptions ready yet."  Ummm...a committee wrote the job descriptions in August and they were supposedly approved by her already.  So how are we supposed to get quality people if we have to rush the hiring process?  Oh wait, we won't.  They'll be crap just like the last four people she hired because she felt bad for them.  And the rest of us will be told we're bad team members because we will expect them to actually DO the job they're hired to do instead of just doing it for them.   :nope:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1046 on: October 18, 2023, 11:26:55 AM »
I think people should be allowed to criticize religion and if some lady in Texas can burn James and the Giant Peach for being witchcraft or whatever, then a dude in Sweden should be able to burn the Quran. HOWEVER. When a person decides to make a spectacle out of it and attempt to make a terrorist group angry (angrier) on purpose, and a person should know that these groups do take revenge, then that's different. Because stuff like this happens. It's like, intentionally teasing a bear with food. The bear will maul you. This should not surprise you. You send a message to a terrorist group, they will kill someone. I don't think we should walk on eggshells for the terrorists (that's what they want, after all), but these people are insane and the insane have to be handled differently.

I'm sorry that it's happened :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 18, 2023, 12:22:31 PM »
My complaint is much more trivial than the heavy topics discussed recently… People at work were spreading rumors about me, and if they actually took the time to talk to me, they’d see there are two sides to the story. I just want it to STOP.  -_-
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 19, 2023, 09:06:35 AM »
Thanks guys. I'm so upset by the fact that people have died because of this. Religion is like a plague, it has killed so many people just for being different. You are so right BC.

shockponie, I hate when people spread rumours. I hope it's not vile ones :hug:.

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 19, 2023, 09:41:52 AM »
Beldarna: I was at a work conference where there were table displays, so there were hand-outs of fun size candy bars all over the place. Being that I skipped breakfast (after having to wake up early to carpool and help with the set-up), I grabbed a PayDay to tide me over until lunch. It’s like two bites of a peanut-covered nougat bar. Unbeknownst to me, the girl who sat next to me had a severe peanut allergy. She didn’t say anything, and I didn’t think to ask.  -_- She just sat there mean mugging me (making a disgusted face), and I assumed it was because I’m chubby and was having candy for breakfast. She was texting on her phone the whole time (about an hour) while we’re supposed to have our phones put away to listen to the presenter’s speech. Then she stepped away and about 5 minutes later, her supervisor walked over and collected all her stuff (also making a rude face at me). I was thinking “what did I do?!” Later, I went to take a restroom break and saw her outside with EMTs. I felt absolutely awful! I didn’t know. If I had, I obviously wouldn’t have eaten it. But then the thing is: they provided sack lunches to everyone, and they ALL contained Jif peanut butter and apple slices, and cookies with peanuts and walnuts. Plus my coworker told me he brought/was munching on mixed nuts: cashews, peanuts, walnuts, and almonds. Therefore, she would have had a reaction regardless, right? Because I never came into direct contact with her. But I’m the scapegoat… People are saying I was selfish, have no concern for others, was rude and careless, etc. I owned up to it right away and apologized, but the rumors were already spreading. I had someone walk up to me this morning and say, “Hey, are you the one who gave that girl anaphylaxis? The way people are talking about you is as if you’re a fire-breathing dragon with horns!” I’m gutted.  :(
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal