collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 112144 times)

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #990 on: September 29, 2023, 08:53:24 AM »
Health insurance hel|! I swear husb’s met max out of pocket like thrice this year, but it takes forever to catch up and clear up disputes and blah blah blah. What a fiasco! TGIF!!!!
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 29, 2023, 07:27:53 PM »
I hope you get your package Beth.  There's a street name that's similar to ours and sometimes people that don't read it correctly deliver our things to the other address.  The guy that lives there has been pretty good about bringing our items over.  My dad asked for a replacement for an item that got delivered to the wrong house because he was sure the people that got it were going to keep it.  After he got the replacement, the guy that lives at that house brought the original item.  He said that he noticed right away that it was delivered to the wrong address.  He put it in the mailbox assuming the mail carrier would pick it up and bring it to us, but they never did. 

I went to the dr today.  He said that I might be starting to get bronchitis.  My voice sounds horrible.  My mom hasn't been able to understand what I'm saying several times today.  The dr put me on antibiotics and steroids.

The other day the chain on the light above my desk broke off.  My dad said he could fix it.  When he took the light apart he realized that the chain had broken off inside the switch instead of part of the chain coming off. He managed to fix my light by removing the on/off switch.  He also decided to vacuum around my desk and he moved a lot of stuff around that where he wanted to vacuum.  I don't like it he rearranges things.

This morning my mom wanted cereal for breakfast.  Cereal is my least favorite thing for breakfast, but I will eat it.  My mom decided she wanted Chex.  There was only enough for one bowl.  I said that was fine and I would get a different cereal. After my mom poured the Chex in her bowl, she decided it was too much.  She then poured part of it in to my bowl, but what I had was less than a full bowl. I had to mix another cereal with it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #992 on: September 29, 2023, 08:29:31 PM »
I misplaced my acrylic sheets :pout: At first, when they weren't in my miniatures box, I thought I'd never ordered them. I checked Amazon in my 'buy it again' list, and they were there. I bought them last year. I looked in all my craft drawers and the bookcase where I keep art stuff. The only other place they might be is in the craft closet, but why would I put them in there? Why aren't they in my minis box? I need to put some things in the craft closet anyway, but I don't feel like standing there searching for the acrylic sheets right now.

Also, I have a headache.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #993 on: September 30, 2023, 06:07:01 AM »
I feel so bad. It's not really a problem but.. my brother came by. He misstook the date for the rockparty that is in two weeks for today! He had been sitting on a bus for two hours to come here. He got really riled up when he realised his mistake and started calling himself names. And it's not like we could do anything else as I got work in a couple of hours and will be gone til late evening tomorrow. Otherwise we could have gone to the movies or a bar or something. So he stayed for like 40 minutes and now he's off to catch the bus back home, another two hour ride. He's out almost 1000 SEK (92usd) in busfairs for nothing. I feel like I should send him some money for it, but I know he will refuse and just send it back. But my conscience is really bad and my heart hurt for him :cry:.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #994 on: September 30, 2023, 12:28:36 PM »
I'm sorry, Beldarna :( Maybe you can offer to pay for his next trip?

My complaint, I sliced my thumb open working on my swap pony. It's like right on the tip too, so it's going to be very sore. At least it finally stopped bleeding.

I feel weird today. I slept late, took my medicine late. My head is floaty.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 30, 2023, 03:35:59 PM »
The professional organization that I used to get continued education hours from (they haven't added anything new in ages) membership was due today.  Today was the last day to renew and still be covered by the grace period.  Even though it was the last thing I felt like doing, I went ahead and renewed.  I don't like that the organization makes you pay through Paypal, because I although I have a Paypal account, it's not associated with the email I use for the professional organization.  I always use Paypal as a guest when I renew my membership.  After I renewed I got one email from Paypal, and 3 from the organization.  I'm hoping the extra emails were a mistake.  I'm going to be mad if the charges show up on the credit card statement 3 times as I only clciked buy 1 time.

Speaking of Paypal emails, I think something must have gone wrong with them yesterday. I had 2 automatic payments set to come out yesterday.  I got a receipt for the first one., but not the second.  I checked the website for the company as well as Paypal's and both showed a successful payment.  I didn't get an email about logging in either.   

Also, I can't find one of my DVDs.  I'm pretty sure I kept it, but I usually have a good idea of where my DVDs are.  It's out of print too, so I can't just order a new one.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 01, 2023, 02:17:22 AM »
It feels like these past couple days have not been going in my favor.

I had gotten up and wandered away from my work computer today thinking our phones had been shut off. Well, I guess the switch off never happened because when I came back on there was an active call on the line. Embarrassing enough, but who was it on the other line? My mom. >_< We work at the same company and she just HAPPENED to get me the one time I was slacking. We’ve worked in this same department for almost a year now and she has never gotten me. Ugh I’m so embarrassed!

I feel like I wasted my day off yesterday. I wanted to get a lot of cleaning done but I got roped into a sales pitch for new windows instead. Ironically, I was cleaning my windows as the sales people came by so they saw me and I couldn’t just ignore the doorbell. I can’t afford new windows. I don’t know why I even entertained them but the whole pitch took two hours. I could have gotten so much done in that time.

While cleaning I found another dead roach. It seems like this has been a really bad year for them getting in. I made my dad come over and clear it out since it was in a really awkward spot between a wall and my shelves.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #997 on: October 01, 2023, 02:15:38 PM »
Two hours?! To sell you windows? My god, man.

My complaint is a headache. It's been raining off and on all day I think the barometer is high? low? not sure which one causes pressure. I'm very sensitive to pressure. I can tell when someone has entered the room just by the way the air feels. Also parking garages make me very uncomfortable because I feel all that concrete above me. Weirdly, I do not feel the same way in natural caves.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #998 on: October 02, 2023, 06:09:29 AM »
if it's raining probably low. but i would think changes in pressure either way would case issues if you're sensitive to it. my ears always pop when severe weather is coming because of the changes in pressure. being able to sense if someone walks into the room seems like a superpower.

today my complaint is that the stupid printer isn't working. it think it's out of paper but there is paper in there. it's in a super inconvenient place in my office/guest room too. i have a large desk that blocks the door to the closet so i took the doors off and use the closet as an extra shelving area. i have the printer on one of those shelves so every time i need to print i have to crawl under the desk to turn the printer on, and then again to retrieve whatever i printed. i rarely print but when i do need to print it's important. i may break down and move the printer to my desk. also there isn't a compatible driver available for my printer anymore so my husband can't install it on his computer. he needs stuff printed more often but has to send stuff to me. the printer isn't even that old. printers are a total scam. from the ink to the printer. ugh!
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #999 on: October 02, 2023, 07:19:08 AM »
Cool, I have a superpower :D It always drove my sister and her friends crazy when I was a kid, because they couldn't sneak up on me. My dad was the only one who could... but he had his own superpowers, he could cure a headache with his hands. And my greatx3? I think, grandmother was a certified by the Catholic Church healer.

My complaint today is the beeping machine again. They are back to working on the apartment building next door, taking OFF the siding they just put on for some reason. The machine is blocking my pathway so if I had somewhere to go they'd have to move it. Every time they adjust the basket the thing beeps. BEEP BEEP BEEP. All day long yesterday and today at 9am. BEEP BEEP BEEP.

I took some video so you too can experience the BEEP.
https://i.imgur.com/OuBiZtN.mp4

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1000 on: October 02, 2023, 06:14:33 PM »
it happened again! i had 2 amazon packages arriving today and they were delivered to 2 different houses. neither is mine. whoever got the last one never dropped it by. i don't really blame someone for not wanting to walk up to a strange house in Texas. they don't know me :( i was taught from a young age never to walk up to someone's house because they might shoot me.

but why does this keep happening? i've been ordering from amazon for a long time and usually it's fine.

they replaced the last order but i'm worried that if it keeps happening they'll think that i'm trying to get free stuff. i'm not up for it right now but tomorrow i'll call their customer service and try to get it sorted out.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 02, 2023, 10:18:59 PM »
Thanks BC. He would not accept it. When I offered to pay for gass when he came all the way in his car to kayaking with us he declined as well. I'll have to think of something else, either do a faboulus dinner for when the time comes or an amazing breakfast the day after. Or both.

Minty_Magic, Two hours?! You are too polite! I would have shoved the door in their faces.

Beth3346 That sounds bad. I have a printer I bought 2003 that still works like a charm, even with my computer and our new laptops. When your printer says its out of paper, have you tried to remove all the paper, close the lid, opened the lid and put in the paper again? Or, like.. at my former job we had a printer that would sometimes say it was out of paper when it was still half full and work again if you filled it to the brim. Maybe try that?

BC, I am sensitive to pressure as well. It sits like a clamp around my head slowly squeezing it until it start to hurt. If it gets really bad I know theres a thunder coming. I'm also sensitive to tension. I developed it as a child when my parents drank. If I had been out I would know the minute I put the hand on the front door handle how things were inside and prepare for it mentally.

Thats the exact same beep noise we have here if trucks or machines need to move. Imagine being a contractor working in that condition every day? But they might get used to it and not hear it. I hope they'll be done soon so you get some peace and quiet soon.

Bethagain, I'm sorry. In Sweden Amazon sends things with bring and they're not consistent in how they decide to deliver. I've been allover town chasing packages at weird service points. Last time was a kiosk so empty of goods I am sure it's used for shady business like drugs. Noone at the counter either. I waited for like ten minutes before anyone came up and when I gave him my ID he held on to it so long staring at it I'm convinced he tried to memorise my info. I've also got it home delivered where they just put it on the floor right inside the front gate where anyone can snatch it.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 04, 2023, 08:02:20 PM »
My problem is ME. Today I was an awful horrible temperamental butthole who made a stressful situation 10x worse.  :nope: :really: :facepalm:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 08:05:00 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 04, 2023, 10:47:45 PM »
The hotellroom doesn't have a kettle. It's always a problem when being away overnight. We're always on the third floor and no kettles in any room. I was once put on the fourth floor and besides looking exactly the same way as the thirdfloor rooms it had a kettle. I usually bring a termos with hot water for the evening but when I have this long layover I really need a kettle.. I brought a tea cup up from the breakfast room but when it's finnished, its finnished. *teaoholic*

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1004 on: October 05, 2023, 04:18:51 AM »
I had a bad dream about my cats :(

Belltock Raincurl