collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 103216 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #555 on: April 11, 2023, 06:12:56 AM »
Headache.

Aster barfed up a hairball that I stepped in.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 11, 2023, 06:30:51 AM »
How can I be more tired when I woke up after hours of sleep than I was when I went to bed?  I'm starting to think that I might need a new sleep study to see if my CPAP machine pressure needs to be adjusted.  I've lost 25 pounds since I had the original sleep study done.

This next part isn't trivial, but I don't want to start a WYP thread.

My debit card was compromised somewhere and someone tried to charge a large purchase on it at a place I never shop at.  I only use my debit card at major retailers, and it's not stored online anywhere, so I have no idea how someone got the numbers.  I did use it a couple times over the weekend, but it was at places. that I've shopped at hundreds of times without problems.  Luckily the bank thought the transaction was suspicious and sent me a text as well as called me to tell me there was suspected fraud.

Unfortunately, I wasn't expecting a text from the bank so I thought at first it was a scam, because I've recently got several scam texts telling me my accounts at Amazon or Netflix have been put on hold.  I tried talking to my mom about the text, but again she didn't listen to everything I was saying, so I guess she missed the part where I was telling her I was afraid to open the text from the bank because it might be a scam. 

After I got the phone call, I went down to the bank to talk to one of the people there. They took care of everything including deactivating my debit card so no one can try to use it. 

I was already a bit nervous about using my debit card, but I told myself each time that it would be okay.  Now I have to work back up to using it without worrying if something is going to go wrong each time.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #557 on: April 11, 2023, 02:15:12 PM »
It's so windy today :( My trash is piling up and now that my niece has cut off contact with me, there is no one to take it to the compacter. I had to put it out on the balcony because it was starting to smell but the wind has blown all the bags around and down the stairs into the yard :( I have to go out and pick them up.

Post Merge: April 12, 2023, 05:45:39 AM

It's not even 8:30 in the morning and I'm having all kinds of problems! More of my garbage bags ended up down my stairs and it rained last night, so it's now stinky wet garbage.

Aster had yet another hairball in the hallway, but at least I saw it in time.

She also ate my curly spider plant last night.

There were those freaking tiny ants in her food. I followed the trail and they were coming out of the utility closet, which is a new place for them. I sprayed.

When I started my PC I was greeted with a blue screen and sad smiley saying my device was not properly shut down. They only thing I can think of is during the rain last night the power must have went off or something. I shut my PC down normally and everything was fine before I went to bed. Anyway, Blue Screens and Microsoft are not my friend and I don't want to see it when I'm not even awake yet. My PC booted up just fine, btw.

It's supposed to rain all day and I wanted to go out today. I need to get a form from the office and my mail. Then I wanted to take an Uber to the bank and visit my mom. I didn't sleep well though and am in bad shape, so maybe I'll do all that tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 05:45:39 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #558 on: April 13, 2023, 09:46:14 AM »
Weather here has been up and down, yesterday was pretty awful :/

My complaint is our dental surgery.

I had a check up today.

My dentist is a lovely person. I have no complaints about her at all. BUT.

The waiting room of our dentists is small, claustrophobic, and very not-autism friendly. It's full of screaming kids, a loud radio, TV screen as well as having the reception desks shoved right there so it's noisy and unpleasant. I do not like waiting rooms in general, but this one is especially obnoxious.

Last time I went to the dentist, my dentist was working downstairs so I had to sit in this waiting room. When I booked for today, I checked that it would be a day she was working in the upstairs surgery, so I would be able to wait in the small, quiet upstairs waiting room.

We've been going to this dentist for years. At least 20. Most all of that time we waited upstairs without an issue. When our dentist left, I was assigned a new dentist for a while who worked downstairs, but on account of the waiting room, I requested to be switched to the upstairs dentist, and that was done for me.

That was some four or five years back. The surgery not only know I have issues with the zoo that is the waiting room, but it's noted on my record, and as I said, this appointment today was booked specifically to make sure I was able to wait upstairs.

But this morning, I got there to find they'd closed that waiting room due to 'health and safety' and so my options were to wait in the zoo, or out in the corridor, which is just as much a zoo, just minus the radio. It didn't help that today my dentist was running late due to an emergency ahead of me, nor that a family with four kids decided to come wait RIGHT NEXT to me.

I am not afraid of the dentist. I find waiting rooms overwhelming and triggering, because of my hypersensitivity. In spite of them knowing that, they did not bother to tell me ahead of time about the change, and the receptionist was unsympathetic. I also was expected to explain the whole situation in front of a crowd of people in the zoo, some of whom decided to 'be helpful' (not helpful) about where I could wait.

All of this left me very shaky by the time I got in to see my dentist. If it had been a filling or other procedure, I would've had to cancel and go home. Fortunately it wasn't. But considering they know that this is an issue for me and that my use of the upstairs waiting room was arranged with them years ago...they could at LEAST have contacted me ahead of time to warn me, and tried to make some kind of provision when I arrived.

None of that happened.

I have no idea what will go down next time I go there, which won't be for a few months. But if they don't reopen the upstairs waiting room, I have a serious problem being able to access dental provision in future.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #559 on: April 13, 2023, 11:01:31 AM »
I'm sorry you had to deal with that :hug: I hate waiting rooms too for the same reason, sensory issues.

A big gecko just ran into my house while I had the door open. He was under the wood of the balcony and for some reason I scared him enough for him to pop up and he ran right in! Then I tried to coax him back out the door and he went in the opposite direction and is now in the laundry closet. He/she is fairly large, so I'm hoping I can catch it before Aster does... but it might too big for her to go after it. She's not a great or enthusiastic hunter and is still afraid of a lot of things. The water and cat food are right in front of the laundry doors, so maybe the water will bring it out. I don't want to go chasing it again because it will just go under the washer or dryer further in the closet.

I should ID it. I don't see many wild geckos.

eta: Seems to be a wall gecko based on its color and size. They are not native. In fact, Florida only has one native gecko and about 27 invasive ones released by the pet trade. Out of them all I've only ever seen three in person, including the one in my house right now.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 11:42:33 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 13, 2023, 04:21:28 PM »
I am so tired of putting zinc oxide cream on my leg.  It's healed but the nurses said I have to keep it slathered in creams and keep it covered... for like, eternity.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #561 on: April 14, 2023, 08:18:53 AM »
i had horrible nightmares last night. i had a couple of drinks before bed. i think that's why i didn't get a good night's sleep.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #562 on: April 15, 2023, 03:27:20 AM »
Temps to drop on Monday!

Monday's forecast: 85F

:drunk:

...this summer is going to be brutal...

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #563 on: April 16, 2023, 04:52:57 AM »
I don't normally have complaints about our neighbours, but yesterday one of ours were having a barbeque and baby shower. Which in itself is not too much of a big deal, the guy came over to tell us that they were going to have this get together, which would end around 7pm. So, fine.

Were they noisy all afternoon? Yes. Did my room get full of smoke smell? Yes.

But that's not the reason I'm posting here.

Side note that although the neighbour came and spoke to Mum and Dad, I'm literally the only one who would be impacted by this, because of the side of the house my room is on and the fact both Mum and Dad have some hearing issues these days. They didn't hear most any of the party, whereas I had it in the background all afternoon. BUT they had given us warning of it, so fair enough. Right?

Wrong.

They were still in the garden making noise until 11pm. Not 7pm. ELEVEN PM. And if that was not bad enough, around 9 they started setting off fireworks. FIREWORKS. In the middle of April. WITH NO ADVANCE WARNING!

Our neighbourhood is quiet. Fireworks are a generally Guy Fawkes/Diwali/New Year type of thing, and they're rarely/never fired in our street. These were not only fired in our street, but OVER OUR GARDEN.

The bangs were so loud they made me jump, I had to actually go downstairs to get away from them.

There are birds nesting in the trees all around our garden, too. All I could think of was whether they were ok through all of this.

...I was so mad. I mean, fireworks. Without warning. Two hours after the party was meant to have ended. After being noisy and inconvenient all day. And RIGHT OVER OUR garden, not theirs.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 16, 2023, 12:10:41 PM »
@Taffeta Fireworks outside of normal times are very unnerving. i'm not a fan of them in general for all of the reasons you listed.

i think i'm starting to get really sad about my parents getting older. i guess when they lived further away and i only saw them a few times a year i didn't notice as much. especially my mom. she's almost 10 years younger than my dad and he's in much better shape. when my parents came over yesterday my mom seemed ok. then all of a sudden she said she wasn't feeling well and had to leave in a hurry. my dad had to help her to the car. she didn't say what was wrong so i'm not sure. i think in the future we'll just go to their house more. we don't really like going over there because they don't have anywhere comfortable to sit but i think it's getting harder for her to leave the house. she's still in her early-mid 70s so i wasn't expecting her health to decline so fast.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #565 on: April 16, 2023, 12:25:21 PM »
:hug: Beth

Now that I've lost my dad I'm even more worried about my mom, especially her cognitive decline. She laughs it off, but sometimes she forgets what she's saying in the middle of the sentence. I can understand your worry for your parents. It's hard watching them get older and not be able to do the things they used to.

There's something going on with my skin. I thought it was hives at first but it doesn't look like it from the pics I looked up. My arms and upper back are very red and itchy. Hot too. It's not anywhere else. I thought maybe it was an allergic reaction so something, but even after I showered and have been in the house for a few days, not going outside, I still have it. Then I thought it was my new bamboo mattress topper but you'd think I'd have it on my legs too if that was the case :huh:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 17, 2023, 03:42:36 PM »
@BC it's just hard. i don't feel like it's possible to really be prepared for whatever's going to happen in the next few years :(

my complaint for today is rude people at work who act put out when they have to do any work. i'm sure i would be immediately written up or fired if i made snarky comments like this person. they rarely attend meetings and try to push back any time they are asked to do work. no idea how they get away with it. now today they made rude comments to me on our project board. why making rude comments seemed necessary to them, i have no idea. i'm tempted to say something but i really don't need more stress. they're been at the company forever too

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 17, 2023, 04:07:31 PM »
When you get so busy doing stuff it's midnight before you know it!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 17, 2023, 04:13:55 PM »
Super stressed about final exams and I have no idea why. I don't usually get this wound up about them, but its been feeling like I've run a marathon and I haven't even had my first exam! I've just been studying! I cannot wait until exams are over because I need a hug from my girlfriend once all this is done.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 17, 2023, 04:21:36 PM »
@Taffeta, I'm sorry that the neighbor's party lasted longer than they said and that they were shooting fireworks without warning you first.  Fireworks are technically illegal in my city, but everyone shoots them off inside the city on 4th of July and New Year's anyway.  Sometimes it sounds like they are shooting them just across the street, they're  so loud.

@Beth :hug:  It's hard seeing our parents get older.

Today has been a long stressful day.  I had to get bloodwork done today and because of my insurance I had to go to a different place than I usually do.  The staff didn't seem very friendly although I guess they were nice enough.  When I tried to check in at the desk, I was told to check in at the kiosk.  I was doing a blood sugar test among others, so I hadn't had my caffeine for the day yet.  It took me a bit to follow the kiosk instructions and a message kept popping up asking if I was still there.  Then I had to wait and make sure no payment was due today before I left.

I got home, ate breakfast and then had to get my CPAP machine card read.

A guy from the cable company came and said he fixed our cable lines so we wouldn't have any more problems with the Internet.  I checked the cable box in my room and it wasn't working.  My parents went back down to the cable company and they said they would send a tech  out this afternoon. The same guy from the this morning came and fixed the problem.

The website for the local bookstore said they had a book I wanted in stock. I went there over the weekend and there was a blank space where the book should have been. I assumed someone bought it and thought the website would update to "not in stock" over the weekend. but it hasn't yet.  If no one bought the book, why does the website still show it's there?

I feel shaky.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal