collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93869 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #240 on: November 28, 2022, 07:17:37 PM »
BC, I'm sorry you're not feeling well.  I think I'm a feeling a little better, but still out of it a bit.  For example I did a couple of things today that I don't usually do and the only reason I can think of is that I still feel a little weird.  :dizzy:

I remember when I was getting ready to graduate with my Master's degree the university had an email system.  When they set it up, they said we could forward the email from that system to our personal email.  A lot of us did that, but I guess at one point I forgot to check if the forwarding was still good because one day we all went to a meeting and were told we had to make some kind of payment that day for graduation fees or something or else we'd miss graduation. I remember having to pull out my credit card and pay for it that day.

The photographer on graduation day really insulted me, but that's another story.

I'm still waiting on the 2nd payment to go through.  It usually doesn't take this long.  I doubled checked Paypal and the streaming website and can't find anything wrong, so I have no idea why this is happening.  I'm still hoping that it's just taking longer due to the holiday.  I think the streaming service has a grace period on payments.  This happened once before when the payment fell on a holiday, but it was processed the next day and credited to the account as being on time.  Why would one payment go through with no issues and another not do the same?  They're not new payments and everything was fine last month, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 07:19:16 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #241 on: November 29, 2022, 06:17:46 AM »
Have you had your blood pressure checked, Ponyfan? My dad had awful dizzy spells and it was his blood pressure. It would drop when he stood up. He takes a pill now that stabilizes it and he doesn't get as dizzy anymore, a little bit, but he's able to function. Also, and I think we talked about this? but as someone with hyperglycemia, it does sound like you have that too. An oncoming sugar crash feels strange, then you crash and start feeling weak, shaking, sweating and feel like you're about to pass out. My go to for an emergency are Snickers bars. You want something with sugar and protein.

--

This morning I was taking my medicine and realized, after I'd already taken a couple of pills, that it was my night meds. I've never made that mistake before. I stopped of course and took my daytime meds but the pills from the nighttime container are to help me sleep. I expect to be extremely tired today, much more so than usual, which really sucks.

I also have a bad headache and my eyelids are swollen again. I have a cucumber. I should put some on my eyes like they do in the movies :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 29, 2022, 11:17:49 AM »
The automatic payment I was waiting to go through went through this morning.  I was so out of it yesterday that I didn't realize that with Cyber Monday happening that the streaming service (they also have a store) would probably just send everything over to Paypal today instead.   

I kept thinking yesterday was a different day than it was. I'm doing better today but still feel a little lightheaded and shaky.  I need to get my A1C checked.  I have the paperwork, just haven't had a chance to go there.  My mom suggested getting it done when I feel this way since when I've had my glucose checked in the past, the dr tells me it's normal. 

I checked my blood pressure earlier and it was normal. 

I tried calling that company again today and got the same message. "Everyone is busy taking other calls.  Your number has been noted and you'll receive a call back in 48 hours"  I'm starting to wonder if they ever answer the phone.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 12:02:39 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 01, 2022, 07:52:29 AM »
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in What's Your Problem, but I will post it here for now.

I'm really struggling right now. :(  I keep second guessing myself. If I choose option A, I worry that option B was the better choice, and I should have done that instead.   

I think I'm starting to reach burnout with my job too. :(  I'm not advancing and still stuck in the same position I started at.

I'm a little annoyed at my mom.  We had talked earlier this week about the fact that I needed to stop by one of my drs offices to get a new prescription since I was out of refills (Using the pharmacy's phone system doesn't work sometimes. The pharmacy also told me I have to fill it in person due to having a coupon that the dr gave me)  I told her that I was going to do that on the last day my referral was good for in case they suddenly decided I needed to see the dr.  After I did that. she suggested that I get my blood work done the next day at the same time my dad was having a medical test done because we both had to go to the same building.    I wish she would have thought of that when we were discussing getting the new prescription, as I probably could have done both things on the same day instead of 2 different ones.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #244 on: December 01, 2022, 01:04:05 PM »
Sounds like you have anxiety :( I get like that sometimes too, where I think I made the wrong decision. My 5th grade teacher always said go with your gut, and she was right. Usually you can kind of "feel" a choice more than the other due to instinct or something. I find if I go with that choice, it's usually the right one and I have no regrets.

Sorry about your job :( do you need a vacation maybe?

--

My complaint is my dad harping on me to talk to my mom about going into assisted living or a nursing home. Why can't HE talk to her? Why is he dumping this on me and my niece? We already brought it up to her and she accused us of not loving her and she stopped talking to us for a few days.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 01, 2022, 06:04:59 PM »
I’ve had a bad day today.

First I had to go into the office instead of working from home today, so I’ve been extra tired due to having to get up earlier than usual today.

After work I stopped by a brewery to pick up a shirt they owed me. The brewery was on the way home from work, but it’s on a tiny street with very limited parking. In an attempt to find a spot I ended up in some tiny alleyway and as I was doing a 3 point turn to get turned around my tire got stuck on something and I ended up hitting the wall behind me when I hit the gas to try and get off. Luckily there doesn’t seem to be any damage other than a small scuff at the back of the car, but I was really scared I wouldn’t get out. Then I was leaving someone had pulled in behind me and didn’t leave a lot of room for me to back out of my space. After everything I realized there were 15 minute pick up spots I +ovule have parked in around the corner to get my stuff.

Then when I got home I got a letter from my HOA saying they are going to impose fines on me for “landscape violations”. I have some vines that grow up my back patio wall, but they have been there since I moved in and presumably for many years before that because they were even more wild when I moved in! At one point a few weeks ago I will admit I had let them get unruly, but Ive since trimmed them way back to the point where you can hardly even see them over my fence. Other people have large plants in their backyard so I don’t understand why suddenly there is a problem. They add so much color to my backyard that I don’t want to get rid of them. I need to try and call the HOA I guess but I doubt they will give me any grace, it seems like they have decided they want the vines gone. :(

I got new neighbors around the time the first complaint came in…..but they’re renters and I own so it doesn’t seem like they should have a right to complain? My patio is completely separate from theirs and the vines don’t grow over or anything. Their patio also looks like a hot mess where they are just dumping extra furniture. Maybe it’s not them who complained, but the timing is awfully suspicious…..

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 01, 2022, 10:20:49 PM »
Yuck, Minty!  That's why I refuse to look for housing in a neighborhood with an HOA.  My youngest brother and his wife had a nasty run-in with their HOA while their son was in the hospital (he was sick enough the doctors told them to say their goodbyes one night--don't worry, he's fine now) but they didn't need to deal with the HOA  on top of that and it wasn't anything they'd done, either.  A wind storm blew down part of their fence (and many fences in the neighborhood) and they'd been at the hospital so they hadn't rebuilt the fence within the first hour of waking up that morning.  Their neighbors who also had a fence down did not receive the same threatening letter.  The HOA was just looking for every little thing to complain about them because the jerk in charge was on a power trip.  They ended up moving to another neighborhood because the HOA was so awful.

https://www.realtor.com/advice/buy/things-your-hoa-cant-do/

I'd check the actual HOA rules and regulations to see if they have any right to actually fine you.  If it's not in the CC&Rs, you can challenge the fine.  Your CC&Rs should have the appeals process in it.  You can also see if it's legal for the HOA to enforce something like that in your state.  (Yes, there are state laws that restrict what an HOA is allowed to enforce and it varies by state.)

https://www.hopb.co/arizona

Post Merge: December 01, 2022, 10:47:51 PM

Apparently there was an "address issue" that UPS corrected for my order and Amazon advises me to correct it so next time I won't have this issue.  I just checked the address I have on file and it is correct.  They've delivered to me before so I would love to know what the "issue" is that I should correct so that they "don't have to correct it again."  And there was no email notifying me of an issue with my address so my items had better actually arrive.  If not, there will be problems.

I seriously hate how stupid everything in the world has become just to prove how stupid it can be.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 11:05:26 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #247 on: December 02, 2022, 05:21:22 AM »
That really sucks, MM. My parents live in an HOA and they were told they had to paint the house but they had to choose one of like five color options that were "approved". They picked brown. The other options were grey, grey, tan, grey.

I would call them anyway and explain that the vines have been there since you moved in. And the info Pokey found for you too.

Pokey - There was some weird thing with me and Amazon about my address too. It was correct but it was on there twice or something. I can't quite remember. I ended up deleting it and re-adding it and that apparently fixed whatever issue it was having. I don't recall UPS being involved though.

--

My new complaint for this morning is my leg! Or my hip or glute or whatever. It hurts a lot! I can't walk without a limp, and I already have a limp, but on the other side... so I'm like a Weeble Wobble. I need to walk down and get my mail but I can't like this. I swear, it's one thing after another with my body. I didn't even sleep on that side so I don't know how it hurts like this. Only thing I can think of is my compression socks, but I've worn them everyday for weeks without issues so I don't know.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 02, 2022, 03:56:16 PM »
You rock Pokeyonekenobie!! Thank you for the state specific resource, I will have to research the appeals process and all that more in depth.

I tried calling the office on my lunch break, but couldn’t get through and then I didn’t have any other breaks in work today where I could try again. Of COURSE their office hours are the same as my working hours. :mad: For the time being I have just sent an email to the community manager pleading my case and asking what changed. I also looked over the CC&Rs and I really don’t see anything explicitly saying I CANT have a plant growing up my wall, so I’m going to try and fight this. One of neighbors who has lived here longer than me also has tons of plants growing up his walls, so if I run into him I may ask if the HOA is bugging him too. If they are not I feel like I have even more of a case to keep my vines

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #249 on: December 03, 2022, 04:35:58 AM »
On the housing association complaint - go after them and ask them what the complaint is. That might help clarify what the situation is - but I really will never understand that kind of busybodying. And plants are good for the environment. Maybe if you already tidied them, it will close the issue.

So my complaint for the day - my university, or I should say, former university, making me feel unwelcome one day at a time. I hopefully resolved the whole issue around my graduation, we'll see. BUT in the summer, all the student and staff email accounts migrated to Outlook 365. I can't access the university's, for whatever reason. IT tried to resolve it when I was teaching in the Spring and could not. SO. When that email came out I asked about alumni email accounts. Was told, it doesn't affect those. Closed case.

Fast forward 6 months and now suddenly I get an email telling me that by Jan 3 all alum emails will also be migrating. IT lied to me, and now with the holidays in the middle, does anyone think that the issue I have is going to be fixed? Unlikely.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 03, 2022, 07:54:50 AM »
One of my “exes”/former friend (long story there) just texted me out of the blue after TWO YEARS of no contact. We had a small conversation and he texted after me that I’m not as “fun” as I was when we hung out years ago. UH OKAY. First of all it’s been two flipping years since we talked, probably closer to four since we hung out so my life isn’t the same at all! Secondly, how on earth do you even gauge that from a quick text conversation?? Lastly, if you think I’m boring fine, but why do you need to say it? Just stop texting me then.

He’s such a jerk. I should have probably just ignored his message but I wanted to be friendly. In some ways it’s validated my feeling about him though. I often wondered if I was responsible for kind of pushing his buttons when we were together, but this whole interaction reminded me that he just does say really mean things unprompted.

I probably won’t even respond. Like what do you even say to that anyway?

I'd text him back and tell him at least I'm not a butthole, and block his number. But you know, I'd use the meaner word.

Post Merge: December 03, 2022, 07:55:59 AM

Maybe she isn't used to wet food or prefers the dry stuff.  What if you only put out half a can instead of a whole one to see if she eats it all?  Then you don't have to throw out half of it.  You can save the other half for later.

My complaint is that my brother (and maybe his most recent...baby mama for lack of nicer/more accurate term) is moving back home because he was (yet again) evicted (surprise surprise).  My parents don't know what to do with him.  I bought a lock for my door today because I don't want him pawning off my dvds, cds, video games, video game consoles, and laptop for drug money.  My dad even said that as long as he was here they wouldn't be going to see any of my niblings sporting events in Wyoming because they can't trust him here and if they take him he'll just make the trip miserable.  My parents actually agreed to make him sleep downstairs after I complained about having to clean the toilet every time I need to use it because he literally pees all over it, so at least there's that. 
I love my brother but I do not trust him.   :sad:

That sucks

Post Merge: December 03, 2022, 07:58:33 AM

I’ve had a bad day today.

First I had to go into the office instead of working from home today, so I’ve been extra tired due to having to get up earlier than usual today.

After work I stopped by a brewery to pick up a shirt they owed me. The brewery was on the way home from work, but it’s on a tiny street with very limited parking. In an attempt to find a spot I ended up in some tiny alleyway and as I was doing a 3 point turn to get turned around my tire got stuck on something and I ended up hitting the wall behind me when I hit the gas to try and get off. Luckily there doesn’t seem to be any damage other than a small scuff at the back of the car, but I was really scared I wouldn’t get out. Then I was leaving someone had pulled in behind me and didn’t leave a lot of room for me to back out of my space. After everything I realized there were 15 minute pick up spots I +ovule have parked in around the corner to get my stuff.

Then when I got home I got a letter from my HOA saying they are going to impose fines on me for “landscape violations”. I have some vines that grow up my back patio wall, but they have been there since I moved in and presumably for many years before that because they were even more wild when I moved in! At one point a few weeks ago I will admit I had let them get unruly, but Ive since trimmed them way back to the point where you can hardly even see them over my fence. Other people have large plants in their backyard so I don’t understand why suddenly there is a problem. They add so much color to my backyard that I don’t want to get rid of them. I need to try and call the HOA I guess but I doubt they will give me any grace, it seems like they have decided they want the vines gone. :(

I got new neighbors around the time the first complaint came in…..but they’re renters and I own so it doesn’t seem like they should have a right to complain? My patio is completely separate from theirs and the vines don’t grow over or anything. Their patio also looks like a hot mess where they are just dumping extra furniture. Maybe it’s not them who complained, but the timing is awfully suspicious…..

I wish the HOA would be permanently dismantled. The bank and their busybody flunkies should never have that kind of power over people's homes that they bought fair n square.

Post Merge: December 03, 2022, 07:58:54 AM

Not a trivial complaint, it remains to be seen whether it will be resolved.

So you guys know that I didn't get to graduate in 2020 because of the pandemic, right?
I've emailed the department a few times asking what is happening, with no reply.

Much earlier this year I had an email saying it would likely be december, wait for further information.

Today I discovered graduation is happening on Dec 8th.
Only...I haven't been invited.

They have not sent me any information about the ceremony, dates, ordering gown, tickets, any of that. Nothing.

I am hoping to get my graduation deferred to the summer ceremony, but any chance I had to graduate with anyone I actually know has definitely gone now. Even all the students I taught have graduated ahead of me - except those I taught via zoom in the spring.

I am really upset about this. Graduation is important to me, because even though graduation ceremonies suck, they're a rite of passage that cements an achievement. And it's not annoying enough that if I graduate in the summer, it will have no relevance to me - but that they didn't think it important enough to invite me to attend.

I'm sure I just got lost in their email migration, but honestly, having to fight for everything is tiring and stressful. I didn't need to have to fight for this as well.

What makes it worse is that all of this could have been avoided. I should have been able to graduate in 2019, but because the doctoral school broke a promise to me about expediting my thesis to the examiners, I missed the deadline. They were meant to do that so I could do my viva before one of my examiners went to Japan, but in the end he had to attend via skype. And all of this has happened because of them as well, because if I had graduated in 2019, it would all have been done and dusted by now.

(Note, my school usually only does graduation in July, this dec ceremony is specially scheduled for graduates like me who missed out because of lockdown. Just apparently I'm not wanted there).

I'm sorry hun.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 08:00:25 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2022, 04:04:18 PM »
i really hate HOAs. we bought in an HOA neighborhood because all of the places we could afford are HOA neighborhoods. they're so common in Texas. especially in newer developments live where we live.

my complaint today it that i need new t-shirts for sleeping in and wearing around the house. most of the freebie tees or gift ones have fallen apart or are nearly falling apart. but i have no idea where to get new t-shirts.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 03, 2022, 07:40:09 PM »
There's so much tension in my house right now.  :(   I don't remember exactly when it happened but a while back my dad hurt his back when he was trying to get his chainsaw down from a high shelf in the garage, the chainsaw fell and hit him on the back.  He started complaining about back pain and the dr discovered he had a compound fracture in his back from the impact of the chainsaw hitting him.  The dr did laser therapy for a while hoping that would help.  Long story short, my dad's back is still hurting, and it makes him a more difficult person to get along with. 

He often can't sleep at night. Sometimes he turns on most of the light in the house waking me up while I'm trying to sleep. If I can't sleep, I usually don't turn on lights that will wake other people up.  He complains that everything makes his back hurt.  I know it's hard to be in a good mood when you don't feel good, but it's gotten to the point where it's hard to know what will/won't make him upset.

For example, today when my mom and I came back home, he was watching a DVD on his portable DVD player. I didn't turn the living room tv on since was using the DVD player in the same room.  After a while he said he was using it so that I could watch whatever I wanted on the living room tv.  How was I supposed to know that? 

I feel like no matter what I do right now it's wrong. If I turn a light off, he turns it back on.  Today he was saying that something of his disappeared and the reality was that he had moved it and forgotten he'd moved it. 

I think he's also a little passive aggressive.  My mom sometimes has trouble hearing and lately if she asks my dad to repeat what he says he raises his voice and over enunciates every word very slowly. 

My ringtone on my phone right now is Kermit singing "One More Sleep Til Christmas" from Muppets Christmas Carol.  My phone rang while I was in the kitchen last night and my dad said my phone was playing "a Medicare jingle." All I can think of is that one of the lines is "There's magic in the air, this evening, magic in the air" and he heard "Medicare" instead. :(

I can't confront him about any of this.  He would just get mad.  When he holds a grudge, he never lets it go.

I wish my friend that has family a couple of hours away from here would come and visit.  I feel like I need to get away from him for an extended period of time.  Even when my mom and I want to go to the store, he takes us there. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 06:39:13 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #253 on: December 04, 2022, 08:07:56 AM »
:hug: :hug: Ponyfan

my dog isn't feeling well. i can't tell if she's having some hip pain or she has some kind of bug. she's still eating fairly well and drinking water. but she's pretty low energy. i have to bring her treats over instead of her coming out to get them with the other dogs. she's a larger dog and she's older now so i'm not surprised if she has some arthritis. i hate when my doggies are sick.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #254 on: December 04, 2022, 01:15:27 PM »
I'm sorry, Ponyfan. I know I've said this before, but your dad sounds like mine.

Beth, I hope your dog feels better soon!

My complaints today. My back and neck hurt. I hate my chair. I'm tired of cleaning the kitchen, how does it get so messy with just me and one cat? I'm also having troubles with my artwork today... my brain is going like a million miles an hour and I can't keep focus on one thing. So I've done a bunch of things but nothing is finished. I know this is because I'm out of my vyvanse. I hate it. I need to call the pharmacy and have them fill it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal