collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 102898 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1560 on: March 09, 2024, 08:27:33 AM »
Aw :hug: You shouldn't feel ashamed about it. I think you did a good job for not having driven in so long. If I went 2 years without doing something, I'd forget everything. I hope you can get some sleep.

My complaint is my thirst and dry throat. I think I'm dehydrated a bit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1561 on: March 09, 2024, 08:41:20 AM »
I'm glad Ninja is feeling better. :) :hug: :hug: you made it there and back safely. that's all that matters.

my complaint is i want some pink fairy lights for my pony shelves and i cannot find any that aren't too short, battery operated, too big, or that have a usb plug instead of AC. seriously who decided to put usb cords with everything. most outlets don't have them and the style of plug changes anyway. do they think people plug everything into a computer? most people use laptops these days. and batteries last 2 days or so. and the lights aren't as bright. ugh it's infuriating. i ended up giving up and i'll leave the purple lights for now. i'm so tired of everything being useless junk. too cheap to bother returning or stuff designed to be used once and thrown out. ugh!
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: March 09, 2024, 08:47:31 AM »
I hate sweeping the common area stairs ... It's dusty, it's annoying, I can't get right in the corners ... but at the same time, it really is noticeably better if I do it  -_- I still need to do some more common area cleaning but that can wait as Sunday is more my cleaning day than today.

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1563 on: March 09, 2024, 04:09:47 PM »
I got a letter from DCF that says they are going to stop my Medicaid coverage :( They claim I didn't respond to them, but, and I have the letter right here, it says "if you are already covered by Medicaid you don't need to do anything" so I didn't. Now they say I needed to call them. ??????

I'll have to call Monday. I can't be without my Medicaid.

Why is government stuff so hard and confusing? :cloud:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1564 on: March 10, 2024, 03:13:09 AM »
I managed to get some good sleep last night, no nightmares about buses. Ninja woke me by sitting on my head around an hour before breakfast time. Then Majsan noticed I was awake and came and patted my face with her paws. First without claws and when I did not get up she used the claws. I ended up cocooning myself in the covers until it was time to feed them.

Simba don't eat his wetfood anymore and now he is turning down the kibbles. He ate when I handfed them to him one by one. Luckily we have an appointment for him on tuesday.

BC Oh, no! That is confusing! I hope you'll get it sorted!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: March 10, 2024, 08:26:31 AM »

My doctor discovered that I have a large ovarian cyst ... and he gave me these crazy strong pills that make me grouchy.  Plus I cannot have coffee.  *RAGE*  Plus the pain is really irritating. 

And the mountain of laundry never seems to get smaller, the socks to be matched are never matching, and I think I have done 3 loads of dishes... but the counter is still full of dirty dishes.  I think the house elves have cursed me or something!  LOL
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: March 10, 2024, 03:37:24 PM »
Beldarna, It's nice to hear that Ninja is doing better and luckily he didn't have stones! :whew: :heart:

BC,  :stunned:  :( I hope you can get it sorted!

lovesbabysquirmy, Oh no! :( I hope the pills help with the pain! :hug: It's really miserable when you can't even enjoy coffee. That would make me mad too and maybe I would secretly drink a small cup of it. :sneaky:

--
My mom is going to call the vet tomorrow and make an appointment for Ozzy. A hairless area has appeared on the underside of his tail. He cleans it with his tongue very often. But luckily, he plays, drinks, eats and goes to the litter box normally. We suspect that he has a fish allergy because he has accidentally had fish-containing food from time to time. Or he suffers from stress because me and my spouse are not there with him. :huh:
:zzz:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: March 10, 2024, 04:24:46 PM »
My shot situation gets more and more complicated and confusing the more I try to get everything sorted.   :dizzy:

I was exhausted last night because I didn't sleep well Friday night, I took an anxiety pill hoping it would help me sleep. I noticed that I started talking incoherently after the pill started working.  Hopefully it was due to my extreme exhaustion and not the pills.

I took a pill last night and it didn't work. I'm not getting enough sleep.

My mom gets more and more frustrated with me every day.  I'm trying my best to get everything sorted out and no matter what I do it seems wrong even when I do exactly what everyone is telling me too. :wail:  I'm starting to wish that I never even tried to fix this.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 05:59:35 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1568 on: March 11, 2024, 08:05:23 AM »
HoM, I hope everything with Ozzy turns out okay!

Ponyfan, I'm sorry :( :hug:

I have a non-trivial complaint. I forgot to pay my internet early and they just took an auto payment. Now my account is in the red. Again :(
I'm so bad with money :( I really REALLY need to make sure all my bills are paid before I start buying stuff. I've tried keeping a budgeting journal but I'm just not a journal keeper... never was. I don't know how many times as a kid I tried to start a diary only to abandon it a few days later. I need some sort of system though to help me. I wonder if there's an app I can use.

My trivial complaint is my lip is bleeding from being so dry. I hate the taste of my blood. Tastes like old dirty pennies  :yucky:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1569 on: March 12, 2024, 02:56:07 AM »
HoM! Nooo, poor Ozzy! I hope he's okay!

Ponyfan :hug: :hug: :hug:

We had a vet appointment for Simba this morning. His medication is not the reason for his loss of apetite. It can be the supplement but he has eating it since November and it don't explain the not eating kibbles. The vet spoke about something, maybe a tumour, in his abdomen. We're supposed to give him whatever food he wants without the supplement and see how it goes for the next ten days. I hopehopehope it is the supplement! I cried all the way home worrying about a possible tumour. He ate all of Majsans food we gave him when we came home. If he stop eat that as well within the ten day period we're to book an appointment for a ultrasound.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: March 12, 2024, 06:55:31 AM »
I want to drink my cup of tea and try to shake off all the weird dreams I have been having.  Instead I have to go to work and be stressed.  Turns out chocolate also irritates my digestion with this new pill I have to take.  ARGH
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1571 on: March 12, 2024, 09:49:03 AM »
Beldarna, oh no! Why did the vet jump to a tumor instead of a large hairball or blockage? Seems extreme to me. Aster had a rough couple of days with a stubborn blockage but she eventually passed it. She didn't want to eat either then.

I'm glad he ate some food though. Maybe the supplement irritates his stomach too, it could be a lot of things. Anyway, I hope he continues to eat and improve and hopefully you won't need the ultrasound.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1572 on: March 12, 2024, 12:01:14 PM »
Beldarna, we went through something similar with one of our dogs last year. She stopped being able to keep food down. Then pretty much stopped eating altogether. Normally she easts almost anything so this was worrying. I ended up having to hand feed her. We took her to the vet. They checked vitals, bloodwork, etc. Found nothing. Put her on antibiotics. No improvement. Did the ultrasound to look for tumors in her stomach. Also checked her lungs and heart. All normal. No improvement though.

Then a lot of her hair started falling out and she got all these sores. she was also losing weight because she wasn't keeping food down. So the vet put her on an allergy diet, did 2 rounds of antibiotics and antihistamines. She slowly got back to normal but we still don't know for sure what happened. it was about a 4-5 month ordeal but she did get better. the vet said just like people, animals can develop allergies to something they've been eating for years even. Sending good wishes to you and Simba :hug: :hug:

BC, I use a spreadsheet for budgeting and it helps me a lot. i'm not great with money either. I don't track every expense. Mainly i use it to track bills and budget. For a long time i had a job where i was paid by the hour and the pay days were on the 1st and 15th. So my paychecks varied wildly because depending on the month the hours worked would change. So if i didn't track i could end up in a situation where i could overspend and not have enough for rent. keeping track helped a lot. especially since it can take a bit for transactions to clear. Paying bills immediately after you get money is a good idea. that way you know it's done and whatever's left can be yours to spend on whatever. you can also triage and pay the most important bills first.

my complaint is that the weather can't make up it's mind. it's hot, then cold, then hot. ugh.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1573 on: March 12, 2024, 02:09:15 PM »
Thanks Beth, I've never used spreadsheets before. I'm sort of familiar with Google Docs. Maybe I should look into that.

I called DCF twice today and both times I was on hold for over an hour before I hung up. The battery in my phone is almost dead now. I know I can use it while charging but the USB drives in my PC are full and the ones in my surge protector are too far away to be able to use the phone while it's plugged in, because they insist on making cords the shortest length possible. I agree with what you were saying about USB plugs the other day too. It is super annoying.

My other complaint is ants on my desk again, but this time there was a BIG ant. It was one of those large red ones, I think they're a type of carpenter ant and I think they bite (but aren't toxic). I smooshed it. Since then I've had the creepy crawlies on my legs sitting here. So far I have found two nests the tiny ants had, one in the bathroom and one in the living room. I think there is another nest in here somewhere and it must be close to my desk. I think they could be in the hassock with the blankets. I'm not sure how to deal with them if so. I don't want to spray my blankets with ant killer :huh:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1574 on: March 12, 2024, 03:38:56 PM »
:hug: ponyfan

@BC, I'm not great at keeping written records of my finances, either. I find money stuff confusing, although I used to be able to keep track of things like currency changes. Whenever I have a pensions letter or anything like that, it usually requires someone to sit down with me and go through it bit by bit. Everything is so confusing...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal