collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 103397 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1575 on: March 13, 2024, 12:30:22 AM »
I got an email from the vet yesterday evening while I was at work. She had tried to call but the phone is on silence as I'm working. She looked up and the Apelka can make a cat loose apetite and feel nauseus and even cause vomiting. She thought at the appointment it wasn't the med as his bloodwork looked fine. She adviced me to stop with the med and supplement directly, feed him whatever he wants to eat and see if he gets better and call back in a week. That made me more relieved. Apelka makes more sense than a supplement put in wetfood as he stopped eating kibbles as well.

But if it is the medicine, the only other option for him is to eat a special food and only that for the rest of his life which mean no treats or anything which will be super boring for him and what if he doesn't even likes it? A third option is surgery but we only have two clinics in Sweden that does it and they're down south. We can't afford that :(.

BC I have like half a dozen bank accounts to manage my finances. I have one for my salary and no card connected to it. From it I have instant transfer to the food account, the bills account, the cat account and a couple of savings accounts the minute I get my salary (we're always paid on the 25th so it's easy). I have one account for my credit card, I only use it for debit. If I want to buy anything I have to transfer money from the salary account which gives me time to think and not be too spontaneus.
The food account is joint with John and we both have cards for it The money is for food only so it helps manage to not overindulge. The bills account is joint with John as well, thats rent, electric and internet etc and those goes automatic when they're due. Anything I buy that I want to get as a bill and not direct payment I get remined through email. Very easy set up :).

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1576 on: March 13, 2024, 08:49:26 AM »
I think more accounts would just confuse me further :lol:

I like to take cash out for my pets as an emergency fund. I haven't been doing it though so I have no cash on hand. Aster still needs her regular vaccines from last year and her rabies is due again (I get the three-year shot for that), plus her license is $26 and I need it current in order to keep her in my apartment. It'll be about 200 dollars for the vet. His exam fee is $65 but he is the best veterinarian I've ever had so it's worth it. Plus, they do have a discount vaccine day if you can get an appointment for it.

Ugh, there is all kinds of issues going on with Solaris and my mother right now. I don't feel like typing it all out but it's super stressful.

The landscapers were here mowing so my allergies are going to be bothering me all day.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 13, 2024, 02:09:02 PM »
Why do teenage boys feel the need to spit on the ground a lot??? It's so DISGUSTING!  :pout:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: March 13, 2024, 03:58:11 PM »
Thanks everyone. :hug:  :hug:

I'm not sure if I want to type everything out about the shot situation right now. I'm not even sure what's going on with it.  I do much better with them, but at this point,

I had to help my mom get her Sirus radio working in her car.  The original radio in the car went out so it had to be replaced.  The first time we called Sirus, we had to hang up and try again because my mom was using her phone that was connected to the radio and I couldn't press any of the buttons to make sure her Sirus was activated.  When we called back, we had to listen to terrible hold music that just sounded like the same 3 notes repeating over and over.  At least the guy was really nice and waited to make sure the radio was working correctly before he hung up.

:hug: :hug: to everyone that needs them.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 04:04:02 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1579 on: March 13, 2024, 04:43:17 PM »
As the day has gone on I feel more and more awful :( I think I have a UTI and right now I think I have fever. My stomach hurts so bad. It feels like there's a watermelon in my guts. My head is roaring. I've tried to sleep but there's too much pain. Plus, my back and legs hurt too.

My shrimp were delivered today but instead of Amazon bringing the package to my door, they put it in my mailbox :sad: I can't go get them and there was no one around when I went outside for a while. I hope they don't die before the mailman comes tomorrow.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1580 on: March 14, 2024, 04:02:34 AM »
I left my gloves somewhere when I went shopping. I have to go back after I've been to grandpa tomorrow and see if any store I went to have them in lost and found.. I really like those gloves, I've had them for 16 years at least.

Noooo! Poor shrimp!!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: March 14, 2024, 06:42:06 AM »
I left my coat in my car yesterday afternoon and now it's gonna be all chilly and cold when I go to work. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: March 14, 2024, 08:28:56 AM »
Ponyfan  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
My complaint is recipes which say, just add a teaspoon or several teaspoons in, especially when the ingredient in question is one whose amount MATTERS!!! Don't just say teaspoon!!! Say an exact weight, or at the very least be clear if it's level, rounded, or heaped, because otherwise the amount will be inaccurate...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline TheClassCalico

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: March 14, 2024, 11:49:21 AM »
Nothing personal, but it bugs me to no end when lists listing toys from a specific decade proceed to show the wrong version and, in some cases, even provide a description that is incorrect for the version that they are referring to. Ponies get this a lot, but I've also seen it for Furbies as well.

It's not a big deal, but it annoys my little collector heart.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1584 on: March 14, 2024, 11:49:50 AM »
Beldarna, is it easier to get bank accounts with no fees in Sweden? here in the US they usually require you to carry a balance or have a paycheck direct deposited. my dad got me a free checking account when i was a teenager and they can pry it out of my cold dead hands. i will never give it up.

:hug: :hug: :hug: to everyone who needs it.

i may start a WYP thread depending on how things progress.  we went to visit my in-laws yesterday and today. my mother in law has Alzheimers and it's getting close to the end. it's been hard on my husband. they didn't have a great relationship but it's still hard. we kind of always thought they would outlive us out of spite.

anyway the big issue is with their house. it's in bad shape. his dad waited way too long to put his mom in a home and couldn't keep up the house and take care of her. they were never good about taking care of housework even when they were younger. also they never kept up maintenance on the house. we lived there for years while they were living in florida and kept up as best we could. our financial situation was bad through a lot of it but we did the best we could. we at least kept up the yard and kept the house clean. and did basic maintenance. it's really upsetting for us to go back there and see it in that shape. it's just nasty to be frank.

also, they never, ever get rid of anything. they don't keep trash or anything that bad but it's a borderline hoarder situation over there. there's so much furniture you can barely walk. there's stuff everywhere. it's impossible to clean properly because of all the stuff. and most of it is stuff no one would want. but his dad doesn't understand that no one wants a stained chair. or a ripped sofa. also he was a teacher so he has a ton of textbooks. i already went through getting rid of textbooks when we moved out. in fact i think we left a few and they're now on his shelves :huh: i know they need to go straight to the trash.

my father in law wants to sell and move closer to us once his mom passes. which i'm completely on board with. it's just all the in between stuff i worry about.

it's so strange to be the adult to parents. it's not something i was ever really prepared for.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1585 on: March 14, 2024, 03:54:51 PM »
Just an update, I got my shrimp. Only two were dead and they were tiny. I have about 5 females with eggs plus some who aren't pregnant and a bunch of the smaller males. They are very lively! I did not know they could yeet themselves out of a net until today :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: March 14, 2024, 04:01:58 PM »
BC, I'm glad that most of the shrimp made it.

Beth, :hug:

My tax refund is late.  We have a family accountant that files our taxes for us.  My parents refund came about the time the accountant said it would, but mine didn't.  We stopped by the accountant's office today and they said the IRS accepted my tax return, but my refund is still processing.  They said that means nothing is wrong, it's just taking longer.  I could really use that tax refund right now.

I downloaded the Tetris app on my phone, but I'm not sure what I think about it so far.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: March 14, 2024, 06:15:26 PM »
Sorry that I haven't been here on the forum for a few days and told about Ozzy's situation.  :blush:
Well, it's like this:

My mother got an appointment with the vet the same day she called, which was Monday.

Ozzy had to be given a light sedative injection because it is a really strong cat that strangers cannot examine / handle easily. :lol: The vet looked at the mouth, teeth, eyes and ears. Listened to the lungs and the heart. She tried / emptied the anal glands and took a quick urine sample. Everything is fine, a very healthy and handsome cat! :heart: There were no bite marks or other wounds on the hairless area below the tail. The hairless area was really red, so the vet prescribed an antiseptic wound care spray for the cat, which is sprayed morning and evening until that hairless area heals. So Ozzy has to wear the collar as long as the treatment lasts. :( The vet was also of the opinion that it is probably due to stress.  :(

My mother also bought a FELIWAY Friends diffuser. I hope that would help. Our other cat Hector was actually scared of Ozzy when he saw him wearing a collar for the first time! Even though days have passed, he still avoids Ozzy a bit. :rolleyes:
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1588 on: March 14, 2024, 08:00:23 PM »
I'm so glad Ozzy is doing better!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1589 on: March 15, 2024, 05:33:49 AM »
i'm glad Ozzy is doing better :)
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal