collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 103435 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1470 on: February 17, 2024, 08:28:15 AM »
Ugh, more ants! They are in the kitchen again, both on the counter and the floor. I couldn't see where the trail was on the floor. They'd found half a Cheerio. Don't know why they're on the counter, there's no food up there only coffee.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: February 17, 2024, 02:08:02 PM »
For everyone with OneDrive issues, does this help?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0

My trivial complaint: Every year I make Pokemon coloring pages for Pokemon Day (Feb 27).  I'm SUPER behind this year and don't know if I'll be able to finish the Kalos batch.  Even if I finish the regular Kalos Pokemon, I don't know if I'll finish the Mega Evolutions that should be with that set, since that's when that gimmick was released.
It just seems like every time I try to work on them, too many other things come up and I don't have any time to devote to it.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: February 17, 2024, 02:38:49 PM »
If you're going to send me an official letter re rent changes, please DO NOT make me pay £5 just so you can skimp on postage!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1473 on: February 17, 2024, 04:13:36 PM »

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0

Thank you! Now maybe it will stop telling my to 'sync my icons' every hour.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1474 on: February 18, 2024, 07:21:04 AM »

Unfortunaly no. I do not have that cloud icon with settings on the computer. The One Drive is just a folder I can't do anything with and I can't access setting online for some reason.
Good news is that it decided the deleted photos were finally enough and the folders are empty and 0% is used. It still want me to buy more storage though :rolleyes:.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1475 on: February 18, 2024, 08:06:42 AM »
oh dear @Beldarna. if you're going to BYOB at least put it in discreet packaging.

today my complaint is i paid bills. now my sunday is ruined :( it's fine. i just don't like paying bills. it always feel like i just paid them.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1476 on: February 18, 2024, 08:29:47 AM »
The kitchen is a mess again, after I spent all that time cleaning it up and putting everything away :( There is no one to blame but myself. I have a hard time putting stuff where it's supposed to go. Most of the "mess" is clean dishes that need to go in the cupboards. Why is that so hard? Sometimes I don't understand my brain.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: February 18, 2024, 08:30:34 AM »
i hear ya about the bills!  I logged into my banking and realized that I owed a payment on my VISA that is due Tuesday.  Monday is a holiday so no banking :(  so I had to make the payment despite the bill-paying account being rather low.

Now I have to take all the cash I can find in the house (even probably quarters) and run to the bank on Tuesday before anything else processes!  My paycheque doesn't come until the 22nd which is too long to just wait and see... 

how the hell does the 28 day billing cycle pass so quickly???
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1478 on: February 18, 2024, 10:39:53 AM »
I'm having one of those lowkey, wth days.

This morning I woke myself up at around 5am. Somehow half in my sleep I managed to crash my bottom jaw against my top one, and chipped a tiny piece off my new filling (yes, my teeth again). Not amused, but totally my fault. I just don't know why I did that.  It's not functionally problematic and it barely really shows, but fillings are expensive now and it was perfect before.

Then I spurted antibacterial soap all over the bathroom.

My printer stopped printing a 300 page document on p.92, forcing me to restart it. Then I had to replace the ink in the middle, so I had to actually reset this print three times to ensure it didn't reprint the same pages over and over.

And I've been sneezing like mad all day. I have allergies that do this sometimes, but I think I disturbed some dust earlier. It keeps coming and going.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: February 18, 2024, 04:25:33 PM »
My throat still hurts when I swallow.  Tomorrow will be a week since I started antibiotics.  I feel better than I did last week, but still not 100%.  I haven't had strep throat for years though so that might be it.

Adding to the list of words that I've been pronouncing wrong for years without knowing it is "anime."  I've aways thought it was  an-i-may but I was watching an show the other day and the characters kept saying on-i-may.  Like "manga", the wrong pronunciation is instilled so deep in my brain that I probably can't correct it without a lot of extra effort.  I still pronounce manga wrong. I'm just so used to the wrong way that I have to make a conscious effort to correct it.

I realized the other day I haven't played my Switch since the dog got out and ran down the street.  I wonder if it's because that's what I was doing when she got out and if I subconsciously feel guilty for doing that instead of watching her?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1480 on: February 19, 2024, 12:58:49 AM »
beth I had two young women buy alcoholic beer in the bistro and whenever I went by I saw them with beer in the cups I provided. When I cleaned up after everyone went off, I saw the alcoholfree beer cans standing on the table unopened! But in the trashbag beneath was several cans of hard beer. I felt so stupid. They really got me :blush: >_<.

Two weeks ago I sent an online request for refill of my birthcontrol. Online requests can take up to five business days, so I thought two weeks were good. Friday came and went with no refill notification so yesterday evening I braced myself for having to call the health care center this morning to ask whats up as sunday was my very last pill. I had a hard time falling a sleep and had weird dreams, waking up several times.. you know it. Going through the upcoming conversation in my head etc etc.. Woke up this morning, checked my phone and I had a textmessage from 10:30 pm yesterday that my prescription had been refilled. Like come on.. good on you doctor for working late a Sunday evening, but... I was really worried! You lost me my sleep!

Also, tomorrow I was supposed to have my health check but had to cancel the date due to work. I called several weeks ago when I got the calling for a reshedule and had to talk to an answering machine asking to reshedule. I've not gotten a reply or a new appointment so now I'm worried they didn't get my message, misunderstood and think I've cancelled the entire thing and now I feel like I need to call anyway and ask about it.

It's also time to book Simbas follow up appointment and I've been calling all morning with no answer so I guess I have to go there in person again.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1481 on: February 19, 2024, 07:37:17 AM »
I was up all night playing games. I have to remember to not do that. I feel awful. Why can't I be 17 again?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1482 on: February 19, 2024, 08:26:43 AM »
My throat still hurts when I swallow.  Tomorrow will be a week since I started antibiotics.  I feel better than I did last week, but still not 100%.  I haven't had strep throat for years though so that might be it.

Adding to the list of words that I've been pronouncing wrong for years without knowing it is "anime."  I've aways thought it was  an-i-may but I was watching an show the other day and the characters kept saying on-i-may.

Ponyfan, it is a-ni-meh, so you are correct. But it's a short vowel a. In British English it's how we normally pronounce the 'a' in 'animation', so I'm not totally sure in American English pronunciation, but it's definitely not 'on'.

Manga is 'man-ga'. It's a softish g (like how we pronounce a g at the end of a word, like running, not a hard g, but I can't really work out another pronunication. In Japanese there's a bit of emphasis on the n (ma-n-ga) but in English it would just be man-ga...

So I have stopped sneezing but my body certainly feels like it spend yesterday sneezing :P

« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 08:28:45 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1483 on: February 19, 2024, 05:27:40 PM »
yeah i've always heard people say an-i-may.

i woke up at 3:30am and couldn't fall back asleep. i tried to take a nap when i was done working but i couldn't sleep. i feel all wired from not getting enough sleep. also when i woke up i played some stardew valley and then the game crashed right before the day ended. so i have to redo a day :(
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: February 19, 2024, 07:13:10 PM »
Thanks Taffeta :)  I've always pronounced manga as mon-ga, but then I starting hearing people say mane-ga leading me to think that mon-ga was wrong.

My mom puts money in my bank account for Disney +. I finally felt up to logging on to Disney + to watch something on the Smart TV today, but my mom was busy all afternoon.  Since she my mom pays for it, I feel like I can't watch it much without her.

Beth, I hope you get some good sleep tonight.  I had an asthma attack around 1 am and didn't go back to sleep until almost 3.

Edit:  While I was in the drs office yesterday, my parents went to a few stores.  After I got out, my mom only wanted to do stuff around the house.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 05:32:04 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal