collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies in public  (Read 341 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Ponies in public
« on: July 30, 2022, 04:03:26 AM »
Hello everyone,

I usually take out my ponies in public. Mostly for pictures and sometimes for company. I usually don't care if people see and I haven't been mocked for it (yet I guess). They make a day/experience more fun for me. Let's say I'm going to a restaurant, I bring a pony and take some pictures. I took Thundercloud with me to see a movie. I know they are toys and not alive but it's nice to have a comfort item with me.

So what do you think? Are you comfortable/willing to take ponies in public? Why, or why not?

Not trying to shame/critique anyone here. Just thought it would be an interesting topic.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Ponies in public
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 06:40:17 AM »
I did take a certain orange unicorn on holiday once, but then I worried that she might get too hot in the car. I did put Baby Sweet Celebrations in my pocket for a while. I think I might be too picky to take them out much. As for people seeing them, I wish I didn't care but somehow I do worry that people will think I'm strange. But I wouldn't judge anyone else. Some people have a dog, a nice scarf or a favourite handbag. I'm sure it's fine. But I still worry because I live in a rural area where people are very gossipy and judgemental.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 06:44:55 AM »
I took a G4 Fluttershy all around Japan with me. I took a lot of photos of her in various places. In the three months I was there, I only got one reaction where someone thought it was odd, and they clearly didn't know I understood them xD. They were a couple of teenage girls, though, so I ignored them.

Fluttsi was a gift from my sister for my fieldwork trip as a kind of good luck charm, so I started out doing it to send photos home and to her. It just got a bit more of a project :) My Dad put some of the pictures from my trip together into a photo book, and Fluttsi is on the cover xD.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 07:28:31 AM »
Not as much as I used to
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2022, 07:45:11 AM »
I would be too scared about what people would think.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline stjarne

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • my teemnsy pone....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2022, 08:14:42 AM »
ive taken out my G3 Sweet Breeze once in the past month and it was the first time i ever did such a thing. i did get one weird look from a man with his wife but i dont know if it was bc of the toy or bc i was moving around frantically trying to take a pic before anyone walked near... lol
✧・゚* jar ・゚*✧
they/she ◦ 22
G3 wishes | jars pony junction | my insta

:cloud:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2022, 08:17:50 AM »
I'd like to do it in theory... but I wouldn't because I'd be afraid of losing the pony or messing them up somehow.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2022, 08:23:59 AM »
When I was a kid I did take a pony with me all the time.  As an adult I do sometimes take toys places, either for pictures or just as like a little mascot/companion.  Alot of times I'll have one in my car or if I have a purse with me.  But I usually pick an action figure or transformer in car mode because I'm worried about the pony hair getting all tangled up, or just any kind of general damage happening to them.  But I have taken the molded-hair G5 Zipp, and a G4 blind bag, with me some places because they don't have hair and aren't vintage.  I really like the molded-hair G5s for this reason!  All this said, I don't usually have them out in places like a restaurant.  I hate being looked at in general, so I don't want to attract any attention at all, good or bad, ha ha.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2022, 10:03:36 AM »
When the G4 MLP movie baby sea ponies came out I had a lot of fun taking Baby Lilly Drop out in public and putting her in different places.  I usually did it when no one was around to notice me taking pictures of her.  I was always really careful and never put her in a place where I thought she might be damaged. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2022, 10:27:00 AM »
I do, but I also have small children in tow with me wherever I go, so anyone who sees just likely assumes that they are theirs. I don't like attention on me, so I in general try not to do anything to stand out, but my kids help me blend in.

I probably got some weird looks last summer when I had the disembodied pieces of an HQG1C blank pony that I accidentally over-dyed on my dashboard in the hopes of fading her out. That's probably the weirdest public thing I've done with a pony.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2022, 02:31:47 PM »
I did, now it's the plushie sharky who comes everywhere (not that I go many places now). One of the reasons I got the Starcatcher backpack as soon as I could, then adapted it so it could fit me, was to have her as both a Mascot & a storage space. She's saved my, & other folks', necks multiple times by holding my travel wallet... Most people just thought it was a fun thing about me, but there were still a few immature folks who would tease. Ignore the immature folks, they're not worth your time. Everybody else will love it xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2022, 08:28:14 AM »
Personally, I would not take ponies out with me as I don't want to risk losing them, damaging them or anything else that might happen to them :lol: I prefer to keep them at home and ogle them in their storage boxes. Occasionally one or two might be lucky enough to make it downstairs to...wait for it...

...The Living Room  :lol:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2022, 09:57:04 AM »
I’ve taken some outside. Not so much in public, though. More outside for photography. Mostly in the garden or up in the mountains. I do enjoy taking photos of toys (not only ponies) so I guess it’s more of a photography thing than a pony thing. I do feel self conscious about my ponies though. I don’t like taking them with me for that reason. But I also wouldn’t bring them because I worry they will be ruined or go missing. I only bring them for photo shoots and then I have a system ;)

I’m working on bringing out my more childish side in public though. I do have a couple of Loungefly bags, and I take them with me outside even though many find them childish. They are not pony-bags though.

I enjoy my childish side, and love that part of me- but I also have a very grown-up side that I also feel very comfortable with. For me it is important to balance these two sides out. Taking toys with me would make my grown-up side uncomfortable :lol:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2022, 11:06:17 AM »
i don't really take my ponies out of the house for fear of losing them or messing them up. the older i get the less i really care what strangers i will never see again think of me. it's more just annoying if people ask questions about my collection. people in the southern US can be a little nosy and i would be annoyed having to explain to strangers why i have a toy and no kid with me. idk i do think collecting toys as an adult is more common now. maybe it depends on where you live.

at one of my jobs i brought a few g3 and g4 ponies to put in my work area. a lot of people had toys, so when people found out i collected MLP they wanted me to bring a few to work. i shared a room with a few other people and having stuff to decorate with made the space more fun. we could lock our door and there wasn't really a regular cleaning service or anything (the owner was cheap).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 06:58:39 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Kitcatepic

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2022, 07:41:10 PM »
I somtimes bring g4/g5 ponies with me not my g1s though I'm way too afraid of them getting hot or wet mold is my worst nightmare
long live chrysalis

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal