collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 72035 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1455 on: February 11, 2024, 09:56:23 AM »
We sat down and looked through our finances today.. with the rent increase and Simbas medication we needed to up the transfers to the bills account and the cat account. Luckily we have enough buffer in the bills account to cover the retroactive rent in Mars. I made the decision to up the amount I put in two of my savings accounts as well. How is that for adulting?

I made up for it by spending a lot of hours on my diamond painting and then look at videos on Youtube :biggrin:.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: February 13, 2024, 04:29:52 AM »
Beldarna you wise lady!!! Proud of you xxx
BC yaiy for getting a shower!!! Hope you get stuff done!!!

Things I did not manage to do:
Get the card in the bin for Monday!!! Going to have to grab cereal boxes & fill them with paper & card...
Half of my dishes. Meaning I got some done but the rest I didn't get to do. At least I changed the water...
More Pony work. I keep looking at them & going, nope, give them a bitty longer... & I keep having other things to work on.
Get to the film day. Fortunately it was one of my donated DVDs so all good.
Things I did manage to do:
Make a pancake mix into the pancakes I like. Just took a bit of baking powder & milk. Also added a drop of nutmeg, some cinnamon, & some ginger (I have no cloves but that was the three which are recommended for sweet foods). I have some liquid left from when I stewed the apples & have kept it in the fridge. It goes well wi the pancakes.
Work more on the crochet WIP. Been hacking at it bit by bit, about six rows a day.
Get to coffee morning, when I found out what yesterday's film was. Also got a few messages.
Bakana's fifth birthday is coming & I want to spoil the sharky xxx (I'll enjoy the treats too)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: February 13, 2024, 09:57:30 AM »
Thank you. I did not feel wise but I did feel proud  :biggrin:.

I have a 24 hour workshift.. I began at 8 am today, having gone back and forth all day, is having a layover now and is back on a train in nine hours. And is off from work at 8 am tomorrow..:snore: I did not think it would go as well as it did but my body is tired and my feet ache. I don't sleep well at this hotell, the pillows are awful but with the day being as it was hopefully I'm tired enough to be able to sleep, otherwise it will be zombie mode tomorrow. I have my laptop with Netflix at least. No kettle but I brought my large termos with tea water.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1458 on: February 13, 2024, 11:45:15 AM »
Thanks, PBW. I didn't get much done though :lol:

Today my back hurts really bad. I don't know why, maybe I slept all twisted. I slept for a long time.

I've decided to enter a contest on another site. I'm going to be sculpting ponies and some miniatures. I can work on my customs at the same time. I really wish I had a convection oven just for my clay though.

Today I need to make a few calls and figure out how to move the palms back to the living room, they're still in the tub. I think I can use my cart, but I don't know if I'll be able to lift the ponytail palm out, especially with my back being so bad today. I don't want to leave them in there too long, there's no window in the bathroom and it's dark all the time :huh:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: February 14, 2024, 05:46:56 AM »
I hope your back is better BC.

I came home late this morning, yaay overtime.. ate breakfast and fell asleep on the couch. John had worked night and since both Ninja and Simba were sleeping on the bed John also slept on the couch, still is.

I want to eat lunch but feel like I should wait for John. We're not a romantic couple, but at least eating a late lunch together on valentines is something we should do. Other than that, I'm gonna listen to music and diamont paint.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1460 on: February 14, 2024, 07:02:35 AM »
Just went to the supermarket with my Mum and the baby. I've torn a ligament in the top of my left foot hefting the baby around and I need to rest it really. Fairly uneventful day so far.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: February 14, 2024, 07:49:25 AM »
Still so wiped out from the waiting room at the hospital... urgh ... I have to figure out when we can visit
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1462 on: February 14, 2024, 08:17:23 AM »
Hey Squirmy, I know this will sound in bad taste, but think about taking some pictures while you're there. They will be interesting to look back on. My sister had taken some pictures when I got home of my mom shaving the rest of my hair off, and I still had the staples and everything. I'm glad I have those now.

I feel better today :) I slept for a long time again.

Today is more ponies and miniatures. I also have a nice turkey breast I need to make with mashed potatoes and green bean casserole. I have a craving for Thanksgiving food :P

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1463 on: February 14, 2024, 09:59:56 AM »
I finally got around to doing the vaccuuming. I kept meaning to and then things kept coming up.
Yesterday I was shopping with Dad, the day before I went into town on another errand, and I'm still working on editing a private project, which is taking up a lot of other time.

But I did get some compost today, so I can hopefully plant my seeds tomorrow. Yay! I have the little propagators all ready. They will be on my windowsill for now. I hope there's room between Bethan and Maggie for a second one, as I'm not sure if I can squeeze two between Maggie and the old spider plant...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: February 14, 2024, 02:06:27 PM »
Taffeta good on you getting chores done!!! And have fun wi the plants!!!
BC shame your back interfered wi your stuff to do xxx Enjoy making & eating the food!!!
Squirmy  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Artie take it easy on your foot xxx
Beldarna glad you got some needed rest xxx

I too had a long sleep, like REALLY long!!! Only interrupted twice
First interruption: post. I'm ordering some stuff, mostly bathroom decor as I need a bit more. Some of it arrived & I'll put it up later.
Second interruption: the meter reader. Thank heavens they sent somebody to read it!!! It's hard enough to find my account number & use it for stuff. And the reading was very short.
I've ordered other stuff & I have a fee to pay card for some of it... They've put a reference but it's four characters & I've not seen that in Royal Mail packages so I'll have to try the no reference number bit if it works...
I'm single so Valentine's means nothing in romantic terms. I'm just snuggling my sharky a lot, including in bed...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1465 on: February 15, 2024, 09:01:16 AM »
I watched my Sims make out for Valentine's :lol:

Today I feel pretty good! I'm finally going to move the plants back. I vacuumed the area and I'll put down some diatomaceous earth on the carpet and on the saucers. I also got some more ant spray and will spray the baseboards and window sill.

My aquarium plants are being delivered today! :frolic: I had to order another 5 gallon from PetSmart because I accidentally cracked the one I have last night -_- They are still on sale for 11 bucks, so it's not a huge loss. I'll hang onto it for an emergency hamster tank. I already ordered another one and it will be delivered today too. I look forward to setting it up! I need to keep the plants quarantined for 2-4 weeks to make sure they are pest free.

Other than that, not much going on.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: February 15, 2024, 05:24:10 PM »
yeah my husband took some pictures of the crazy incision - it's a question mark shape on top of his head. 
thankfully his hair will cover some of it... although we've never cared much about scars, they have interesting stories behind them :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1467 on: February 15, 2024, 09:52:20 PM »
Oh, so they did a craniotomy? Huh.

You'll both be glad you have those pictures :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: February 16, 2024, 02:37:50 AM »
25 minutes before departure I got a call from the driver saying the train is frozen and they can't start it so the tour is cancelled. Meaning I spent the workshift at the office drinking tea and laying puzzle. I feel sorry for the travelers, luckily they were not that many.. and that poor person who have to go through everything in the bistro and throw away everything. What a waste :(.

I've cleaned the toilett so far. Need to do some laundry as well. The yearly booksale starts on tuesday so I'm gonna go through the catalogue today as well. I work the entire day so this is the first time in all the years that I can't go on the first day and need to place an online order instead.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: February 16, 2024, 04:44:33 AM »
BC exciting stuff on the fish thing!!!
Beldarna snow can be a pain, but at least most things worked out xxx
Squirmy a question mark??? Nice, hope recovery progresses well xxx

Yesterday I went out to town, & got some mini rolls & a TY sharky called Finsley, among other fun bits including a G4 playset I didn't yet have!!!
Today is my sharky Bakana's birthday!!! She's 5. I took the mini rolls to the noisy coffee morning & they were enjoyed. I also wrote out some sharky facts & drew a few sharks (not sure if my whale shark drawing was 100% accurate but they get the idea). People enjoyed the sharky facts. I also drew a couple of sharky eggs.
I made pizza dough last night because I haven't made my own pizza in a while... It's now HUGE!!! I think I'll get four bases out of it...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal