collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 71855 times)

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1320 on: December 23, 2023, 03:50:22 PM »
I’ve been sick the past couple weeks and was way behind on Christmas stuff.  Now that I’m better, today I did last minute shopping, went and saw the film Migration, and had lunch with friends.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: December 23, 2023, 05:14:57 PM »
Gator I'm so glad you're feeling better!!!
Caysie welcome!!! I hope you got all warmed up again after the hard, cold work xxx
Shaiyeh I saw it was up!!!

Loot: Came in to the bank!!! So I was able to donate to the Christmas drive on the sharky server, buy the needed accessories for the phone & a couple of treats, & get some small food items from the Co-op.
But first I went to see the festive tractors. There was coffee, biccies, & sandwiches available, & Bakana got to meet Santa!!! There was music on & Bakana & I had a wee dance (I got puffed out & Bakana says I should dance more to make me fitter).
Afterwards there was more music in the local hall, also followed by coffee & shortbread. Was quite fun & I learned a few things too.
Managed to make quesadillas & my coffee pal (who I saw at the music thing) had a prezzie for me.
Last but not least: my box exchange pal opened her box!!! So I can share the crochet work I made for her (see Arts & Crafts).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 03:14:51 AM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1322 on: December 23, 2023, 10:51:07 PM »
Good morning all! It's Julafton! Christmas Eve! The day we celebrate here in the north! As usual, despite me being 39, I can't sleep well the night before christmas. Before heading to work I cleaned the bathroom and took out the garage and recycling. Now I'm at work (going here was an ordeal,  we have the remnants of the storm Pia here and I think all the snowplowers has gone on holliday and not considered people still need to get to work early) but I made it.

Working til 2pm and then I'm gonna go to grandpa and hang out with him, mom and little brother. We're gonna watch Donald Duck, stuff ourself with Christmas treats, drink glögg and eat lots of food and play the Christmas game :satisfied: Hopefully the storm wont cause any trouble for the train so we'll be stuck somewhere. I'm a teeny tiny bit afraid I'll miss everything and be stuck in the middle of nowhere for hours.

John should be home from his nightshift soon. I hope he'll find the presents I placed around his spots. Teeheehee :biggrin:

Offline Princess Celestia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Friendship and harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 24, 2023, 05:36:53 AM »
Gator: Hope everything is better with you now, everything gets better with meeting friends and with friendship. Merry Christmas!

Ponybookworm: Thank you for the welcome!Warm and cozy inside now. Merry Christmas!

Beldarna: Cool another Swede here. It was the storm Pia that was the reason for all the snow shoveling for me, Yes, we got enough snow this Christmas ;) Hope you have a nice traditional Swedish Christmas with Donald Duck and all the weird things we do here in Sweden :)

Now my ponies and donkeys are going to get some carrots before there will be a smaller Christmas celebration tonight at home. The sun is setting now and we had an absolutely magical Christmas Eve weather-wise. Completely windless, calm and everything covered in white fluffy snow everywhere. Now it feels good to be a workhorse on a farm far out in the country.

Wishing everyone a nice weekend and Merry Christmas!  :happy:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1324 on: December 24, 2023, 07:17:46 AM »
Merry Christmas Eve :) This is when my family would celebrate too. Good food, Christmas movies (A Christmas Story is a must), and opening gifts from the family. Morning is for Santa ;)

For the first time it's just my mom and I and things are very different. I'm sick since yesterday, caught a stomach bug or something :( I won't be visiting my mom. I'm going to relax and play games today.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: December 24, 2023, 03:53:53 PM »
I think we finally got all the gifts wrapped.    My biggest frustration is that we don't have much for the kid's stocking.  she has GIFTS but the stocking has very little in it this year. 

we had to do the holiday shopping last night, on a Saturday, and go to two different stores to get most of the list.  TOTAL madness!  I let her pick out a new outfit since the soft leggings she likes to wear  were 2 for $6.

also this week my husband has had to repair a broken pipe in the house, , deal with an exploding dishwasher, re-route a kitchen drainage pipe, and pull a toilet seat off the floor and remove a blockage.  flushable wipes are NOT flushable !!!!! 

there's a word for my "slice of life" but  :sqs: it's not Arena-friendly hahaha

(I get to open my Celestial Ponies soon hooray!!!)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1326 on: December 24, 2023, 05:12:05 PM »
i do not understand how "flushable" wipes are still allowed to be marketed as "flushable". probably lack of regulation but it's so frustrating and confusing. i didn't learn about all the stuff you can't flush until i worked for the water company. basically if it's not something that came out of you or toilet paper you can't flush it. not even feminine products.

i hope you the repairs solved the problem and tomorrow is a better day.

yeah the older i get the more relatives we don't see. we used to do Christmas Eve at my grandmother's until she was too old to handle it. she's been gone for over 10 years now. she was a lot to handle but i do miss her this time of year. now that my parents are getting older i know holidays will be even quieter down the road. so anyway happy holidays everyone :hug: :hug: :hug: i'm glad we have our community here. no one really has to be alone.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: December 25, 2023, 05:28:40 AM »
Caysie yep I'm here, located up north! :) Oh, you live on the countryside with animals? What an ideal christmas life!

I had a great julafton ^.^. The train did get stuck, lol. We got ice around the breaks and the front smelled of burnt rubber. Luckily it was a short tour and we had no passengers or bookings so we went back home with it. We were only twenty minutes away from the station, but it took us two hours of going back. We had to go really slow and several times the driver had to stop the train and go out and hack the ice from the breaks.. and there were remnants of a dead moose next to the breaks as well so he was NOT happy! I had a lot of fun of it though. I'm not allowed to help so I laid on the couch in the animal carriage and drank tea and ate sweets while waiting. We got a short break before going back again out with a new train. This time it worked and lucky it did because we did have bookings and passengers both ways!

Today, me and John ate breakfast together and he helped me set up the christmas present he got me. I have a Galaxy watch on my wrist now. It feels weird carrying a watch again after all these years. I'm really afraid my excema will react to it, but he got me leather straps for it so here's hoping!
When he wakes up later we're gonna eat christmas dinner and watch Rebel Moon on Netflix! Before that I need to hit the store as we're out of milk.

I wish you all the best christmas day ever! :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1328 on: December 25, 2023, 05:45:17 AM »
I'm still sick and I feel awful :( I keep getting headaches on top of it and I think it's because I'm out of my blood pressure medicine. I'm also out of my blood thinner which keeps blood platelets from sticking to my heart stent, which worries me. I called the pharmacy and it says they are operating with normal hours, so I hope I get them today.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: December 25, 2023, 06:10:30 AM »
Big :hug:s to everyone feeling under the weather <3 :deathhug: I'm feeling okay but my throat's been dry these last few days, got a bit of a cough, ugh.

We finally set up the Christmas tree yesterday (we're a family of procrastinators ^^;) and the cats are having a great time sitting under it and looking grumpy. Last night we had a marathon of Channel 4 cartoon specials, wouldn't be Christmas without The Snowman and Father Christmas :xmas: And we watched this year's special, Mog's Christmas, OMG it was so cute and delightful!!! I love Mog, can't believe it's taken so long for her to get a proper animation! (Though I did love the Sainsbury's advert from a few years ago)

Today... We've finished opening all the presents and are just chilling out now :) BBC has their own Christmas special ("coincidentally" also about kitties, lol) airing in about 20 mins and that looks cute, so I'm looking forward to that. For now though, I'm running an art exchange on another site I'm on so it's time to go and upload all those pages and such!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!!! :fireplace:

edit: omg Tabby McTat was so CUTE!!!! I loved it!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 07:30:22 AM by Carrehz »

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: December 25, 2023, 08:40:03 AM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! And a fun-filled FESTIVE SEASON!!!
Yesterday I just stayed home & watched a couple of films. Right now I have this on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EkNQx8bhK4 It's instrumental & sets the mood nicely. I'm going to be working the air fryer a lot for festive nibbles!!! Got a few texts including one saying there was a prezzie at the door!!! A decorative deer ornament which is cute but where to put him???

Carrehz that's one thing I kind of miss about not having a TV: the special shows.
BC get well soon!!! Being ill at Christmas stinks xxx
Beldarna the poor driver!!! At least you got to relax in the warm xxx
Beth I get it, I live alone too, but at least I've had a load to do recently, not to mention the meal tomorrow. Communities which do stuff are great for adding a festive mood where it would be lacking for the lonely xxx
Squirmy I've known wipes aren't flushable for years, & think it's ridiculous of anybody putting wipes in anything but a bin. I hope it's all fixed now for the Festive Season xxx
Caysie aww that sounds lovely xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: December 25, 2023, 10:04:27 AM »
Ponybookworm - haha "Cute but where to put him" is the story of my life X3 so many cuties and so little space to store them in!!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: December 25, 2023, 11:02:03 AM »
opened presents!  ate sweets!

feeling blargy after eating too many Danish biscuit cookies..  oh my
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: December 25, 2023, 03:16:57 PM »
My family's Christmases are always low key now.  There's only a few relatives left that are still alive so we usually stay home for the holidays.  We never did Christmas pajamas or stuff like that.  Sometimes I wish we did have a few more traditions especially as my parents get older.

We opened presents this morning after breakfast.  We had our traddional Christmas dinner.   

I was a little worried about the e gift card I ordered yesterday as my friend said she didn't get it this afternoon when she sent me a Merry Christmas text.  She did get it though. it just took longer than usual.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: December 25, 2023, 09:45:39 PM »
PBW, yeah I did feel a tiny bit sorry for him. I always offer to help, but since I don't have the education I'm not allowed. But I'm still showing my good will to offering help so they don't think I'm just lazying around.. which I do. :biggrin: He was gonna take a long hot shower and a cold beer when he got home before his dad picked him up and I said you truly deserve it. Enjoy.

I work today. My shift begins in five and a half hours. Until then I'm gonna watch the first Jurassic World movie and finnish my christmas Diamond Painting. Eat breakfast and chill. I have office duty today, which means I'm gonna sit at the office and read a book, lay puzzles, drink tea and glögg, eat sweets (and boy have they supported us with lots of sweets there) and fruits and just be available in case someone call in sick the last minute. I may have to copy some papers. I kind of hope none calls in sick. People with office duties always says it's boring and they want to work on the trains. I love office duty! :satisfied:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal